PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

TKO
04-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Lee Evans is the ideal speed WR that we are missing since Peerless Price was traded. Yes, he may be only 5'11" and has character & injury issues, but Evans might have the strongest hands of any WR to come out of this draft. I'm just curious if these "issues" are why everyone seems to ignore his talent.

Everyone throws out scenarios of TD trading up for Rivers or whomever, but ideally he'd like to trade down to stockpile more picks in this deep draft. Also, just a thought, with Denver moving up to 17, Dallas and NE may be looking to move ahead of the Broncos to ensure that they get their RB in Steven Jackson, since Denver's backfield is suspect with only Hearst & Griffin.

It wouldn't surprise me much if TD trades down and drafts someone like Evans, Carey, or Losman.

:feedback:

ryjam282
04-13-2004, 06:04 AM
We can move up in the 2nd round to get Evans. He will be available for the first few picks in the 2nd round. I agree, the kid is good.

Devin
04-13-2004, 08:14 AM
while I think Fitz has the best hands I agree with your other assessment.

Evans is quite fast and Ingtar compares him to peerless price, id love to see us pick him up.

It appears as though Evans might have even propelled himself into the first round, either way I dont think we will get a crack at him.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Devin
while I think Fitz has the best hands I agree with your other assessment.

Evans is quite fast and Ingtar compares him to peerless price, id love to see us pick him up.

It appears as though Evans might have even propelled himself into the first round, either way I dont think we will get a crack at him.

Exactly I can see him being picked anywhere from picks 20's to early 2nd.

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 08:18 AM
i am not aware of any character issues.. :idunno:

his injury history has been cleared...

he does have good hands, and is a good wr.. i just wish he was taller.

he will go in the first round. we would be just as good off with jenkins from ohio st.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

his injury history has been cleared...

he does have good hands, and is a good wr.. i just wish he was taller.

he will go in the first round. we would be just as good off with jenkins from ohio st.

I am not aware of any issues either?!

TKO
04-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Evans was arrested for a misdemeanor possession of marijuana on November 1, 2002. Nothing to make a big deal about.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Actually Evans was arrested on Nov. 1, 2002 misdemenor possesion of Marijuana while he was pulled over for speeding however he wasn't alone in the car.

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 08:24 AM
oic.. i did not know about that..

ryjam282
04-13-2004, 08:55 AM
I was not aware of that either...Must have been the other guys stuff :snicker:

I do agree with T though, Jenkins would be a nice fall back or possibly Rashaun Woods. That guy is a complete receiver.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
I would take Woods over Jenkins personally.

ryjam282
04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
I would too, but if he is gone. Jenkins isn't that bad to fall back on.