• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herdwatcher
    One out of many
    • Jul 2002

Where's my Thruman?

I mean my helmet!! Ouch!!! nothing else to write about?

Thomas' missing helmet was a Super Bowl nightmare

By Scott Pitoniak
    Democrat and Chronicle

(October 19, 2002) — During speaking engagements, Buffalo Bills equipment manager Dave Hojnowski follows his introduction with the line, “And, no, I have no idea what happened to Thurman Thomas’ helmet.”

Before Super Bowl XXVI kicked off in Minneapolis 10 years ago, Thomas, the Bills’ all-time leading rusher, lost his helmet and wound up missing the first two plays of the game. The incident has become a part of Bills lore and proved to be Hojnowski’s worst nightmare.

Pounding the world like a battering-ram!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Horrible post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i need a
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

I only clicked on this, to find out what your (Thruman) was!
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
          • Jul 2002

im sick of everyone remembering thurman thomas just for that. besides, maybe its just a rumor, but didnt someone take thurman's helmet instead of his own that game? and thats why he couldnt find his. like i said, i doubt if there is any truth in that....even so...let it go....he was 1 of the best RBs of not only our time but in the history of the NFL!
          Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

From the article:

"Hojnowski is prepared if the same thing happens to one of the Bills’ star players Sunday in Miami. He and Randy Ribbeck bring several extra helmets to the bench, just in case a Drew Bledsoe or an Eric Moulds loses or cracks his. "

I hope he never has to use spare helmets because Drew or Eric got hit so hard that their helmet cracks!

Comment

Working...
            X