X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Mularkey

Says he likes TOUGH football players, receivers who like to get physical in the running game, and says o-line is center to the success of HIS football team.

Also when asked about Henry/McGahee says the main thing he is doing not only with them, but the rest of the players is evaluating their talents so the system can be built around them. NOT forcing a system onto the players so that they fail or a "series" will fail.

I like the narrow thinking of series to series, trying to string together possesion time and 1st downs.

I hate to do comparisons in philosophy with a coach that hasn't coached a down but I liken his approach to a Gibbs/Schottenheimer/Parcells team. (remember Otis Anderson in the SB, that kind of team.)

During our search I was very pro Kirk Ferentz because his philosophies mirrored the above, and it seems that Mularkey is from the same school of thought.

Let's just see how firm he holds to it.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

good post.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I agree and I think MM will be a fine choice
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

i'll tell you what i think of him around week 8 of the season :)

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

He's done diddly poo for the team.

I'll wait and see.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

He's replaced the offense, which is huge.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
              i'll tell you what i think of him around week 8 of the season :)
              that is the bottom line.. it doesnt really matter what we think of him right now.. that can all change with a handful of wins or losses.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• McBFLO
                • Mar 2003

i love the staff he put together. i think the new staff is going to make ALL the difference. Playoffs this year!
                Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• danny4804
                  AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
                  • Dec 2003

I miss Gilbride!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

that is the bottom line.. it doesnt really matter what we think of him right now.. that can all change with a handful of wins or losses.
                    This is so true. I am really looking to see HOW the offense plays, or more precisely what plays they run. As much as I want to give this staff a fresh slate, I am also a little jaded by the last staff that told us all along that we were going to run the ball more and so on and so forth. If they make the commitment to the run and still lose games, well at least I want to see that commitment to the run, and that means still run the ball even if we are down by 14 early in the second half. Our last staff seemed to panic when we were down by more that a TD and sometimes by less than a TD and just gave up on the run. That had me about as frustrated as anything else.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

what he says and what he does are two different things.he can't be any worse than the last couple of bumbling idiots that we've had for a coach,can he?
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

I agree.... I love the moves he has made with the staff and what he says his philosophy will be for this up coming season.... hopefully he sticks to his guns.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Re: Mularkey

Originally posted by BidsJr

I hate to do comparisons in philosophy with a coach that hasn't coached a down but ...........boozer:

I will wait until next year as well.

But I like what I see so far.

If he sticks to a Parcells, Gibbs, Ferentz philosophy we will all be happy!
                          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Working...
                          X