PDA

View Full Version : Finding that impact receiver in the NFL draft

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
In April, everything looks good. Gardens are bursting with color and the sports landscape comes alive thanks to baseball's opening day and playoffs in hockey and basketball.

In April, everything looks good. This includes over-hyped NFL rookies to fans of losing teams. After all, how better to wash away a drab season than to sprinkle hope in the form of some young stud from State U?

I'm getting excited just talking about it, and the draft is still more than a week away. I can't wait to tune the radio to the all-sports station just to hear, "With the first pick in the NFL draft ..."

However, I shouldn't be acting this way. I've wasted my share of mid- to late-round fantasy picks on rookies who never get started, or flame out too soon. Does Skip Hicks ring a bell for anyone? Surely, no rookie in 2004 will amount to anything come fall.

Therefore, April 24 should be just like any other spring Saturday -- walk the dog, mow the lawn, barbecue. Yet, somehow, I know I'll be stuck in the parking lot of a home-improvement store waiting to hear commissioner Paul Tagliabue's suspenseful words and putting off my errands.

So, why is my optimism running a fever this year?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=findingthatimpactreceive&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 10:53 PM
bump

mypoorfriendme
04-14-2004, 12:14 AM
its not about the players impact...to me its about the excitement and anticipation to see if things go as expected and seeing so many twists and turns occur that throw everyone out of whack. if this is going to be just like any other saturday, then what is an nfl game? "so what, they might win a game. but only one team wins the superbowl and every other win is compltely pointless" anyone who says or thinks this is not a sports fan