PDA

View Full Version : Chargers: It may take four picks to score the number one spot

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Any teams interested in trading up to land the first overall pick in the Apr. 24-25 draft better be ready to part with as many as four of their own draft picks, an anonymous NFL executive told the Washington Post. When the Chargers traded the first overall pick in the to the Falcons in 2001, San Diego received the fifth overall selection, a third round pick, a second round pick in the 2002 draft, and wide receiver Tim Dwight. Call it inflation, but the NFL executive said the Giants may have to send their fourth overall pick along with other selections in the second, fourth, and sixth round to the Chargers in exchange for the first overall selection. If the Giants are able to secure the first overall pick, they will reportedly use to select quarterback Eli Manning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-chargersitmaytakefou&prov=fanball&type=lgns

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 10:28 AM
thats a lot to move up 3 spots

Pride
04-13-2004, 10:45 AM
no team is willing to do that in this draft... unless they believe Eli is the next Peyton (I have my doubts)

ryjam282
04-13-2004, 10:53 AM
I think the G-men want to move up to get Gallery cause they heard of the news of the Skins taking the Raiders 2nd overall to get him....Just a rumor of course

doug45
04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Pride
no team is willing to do that in this draft... unless they believe Eli is the next Peyton (I have my doubts)

I say do it and get Eli, it could make the difference for many years to come. I think he may be even better than Peyton.