PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
There is so much talk of Rivers on this board it seems as if everyone has forgotten about Big Ben. I think he will be an exceptional NFL QB. If he happens to slip into the 8-12 range I think the Bills should think about trading up to get him.

:log:

Pride
04-13-2004, 10:43 AM
its cause most of us realize or at least think he will not fall to us. It would be like focusing on Eli Manning... we have no shot, why bother?

Pride
04-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh, and, we better not trade up. This draft is too deep to give away any picks. I am happy at 13

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Pride
its cause most of us realize or at least think he will not fall to us. It would be like focusing on Eli Manning... we have no shot, why bother?

I know he won't fall to 13.

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I am saying what if he is there at 10 and it costs us a 3rd rounder and the 1st to move up? I would do that.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I am saying what if he is there at 10 and it costs us a 3rd rounder and the 1st to move up? I would do that.

I would do that too.

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 11:02 AM

Oh, and, we better not trade up. This draft is too deep to give away any picks. I am happy at 13

:up:

Big M
04-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Regardless of what WE think, the Bills would be foolish to not consider Ben. R. He is probably one of several players they like and would think hard about making a play for him, if he dropped down to the #9-10 range. The pursuit of Drew Henson and Billy Volek proved the Bills have a real concern about upgrading the position, whether you agree with it or not. Ben R. has a strong arm, which would prove valuable at the Ralph. The winds pick up speed every November, like clockwork, making it difficult to throw downfield. This is why TD went and aquired Bledsoe. He still has a live arm. It's the rest of his game that is a concern.

If the big 3 at QB are gone, then various WR's and DL become the primary target. Still, we're just throwing darts. Should be one of the most interesting drafts in years.

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Big M
Regardless of what WE think, the Bills would be foolish to not consider Ben. R. He is probably one of several players they like and would think hard about making a play for him, if he dropped down to the #9-10 range. The pursuit of Drew Henson and Billy Volek proved the Bills have a real concern about upgrading the position, whether you agree with it or not. Ben R. has a strong arm, which would prove valuable at the Ralph. The winds pick up speed every November, like clockwork, making it difficult to throw downfield. This is why TD went and aquired Bledsoe. He still has a live arm. It's the rest of his game that is a concern.

If the big 3 at QB are gone, then various WR's and DL become the primary target. Still, we're just throwing darts. Should be one of the most interesting drafts in years.

THANK YOU!

I think you have to weigh who you think might still be there in the third combined with who we pick at 13.

Would a combo of Will Smith and Sammie Parker be better than a possible Stud Franchise QB? I don't know about that.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Big M

Great post and I totally agree.

Big M
04-13-2004, 11:24 AM
After the Big 3 at QB, J.P. Losman is probably the only other QB the Bills would consider on Day 1. Big arm , great mechanics, very accurate,mobile. I have nothing against Matt Schaub, still, his average arm and experience with Al Grohs' Virginia offense seems to indicate a certain team which prefers the West Coast dink and dunk passing game. His arm might not be good for our stadium and weather.

Aquiring Losman would probably require a trade up from the 13th spot in the 2nd round. Stranger things have happened.

After Manning,Ben R., Rivers and Losman, the rest of the QB's seem to be major works in progress. With both Clements and Wyche onboard, a top QB would have the very best in coaching.

DraftBoy
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I think Losman could be had in the 2nd round at our pick

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't mind Losman in the second at all. I am just saying that a trade up might not be the worst thing.

STAMPY
04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
i watched ESPN they said BIG BEN's passion for the game and leadership is UNMATCHED

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Thats what I am saying. He is every bit of a leader that Rivers is plus he is faster and has a better arm....

Bert102176
04-13-2004, 04:35 PM
I feel Ben and Rivers won't be there for us and I think Losman will be drafted before our #2 pick so I don't see us getting any of the top 4 QB's without a trade up or down in the 1st

Bert102176
04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
and no way we take Losman at 13, and ofcourse Manning will be gone before our pick

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
I am not saying he will be there at 13. I am saying if by some chance he slips to 9 or 10 we should think about trading up. It was purely hypothetical. I have no idea what those teams would be asking for in return but if it wasn't too steep I would go for it!