PDA

View Full Version : Len Pasqurelli was just on GR

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-13-2004, 10:23 AM
He said a couple of things about the Bills:

1. Mularky loves the fact that he has McGahee and Henry and he is working on ways to have them on the field at the same time.

2. He feels the top priorities for the team in the draft are QB and WR.

clumping platelets
04-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Smoke-screen

We are going DL in rd 1

Dantheman1280
04-13-2004, 10:36 AM
That is very possible. But who knows

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Smoke-screen

We are going DL in rd 1

Cornerback :snicker:

Pride
04-13-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

bite your tongue

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Smoke-screen

We are going DL in rd 1

i think so too.

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by Pride
bite your tongue

trust me...I don't want one either...that is kind of an inside joke between CP and me...everytime the Bills draft a CB I get upset...

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 11:19 AM

trust me...I don't want one either...that is kind of an inside joke between CP and me...everytime the Bills draft a CB I get upset...

They haven't exactly turned out bad.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Smoke-screen
We are going DL in rd 1

Originally posted by Tatonka
i think so too.
We have a couple of D-Line supporters.

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
They haven't exactly turned out bad.

I know...but the point is that I prefer to see offensive players...

HAMMER
04-13-2004, 11:39 AM
You win or lose the game in the trenches! If you think someone will be an immediate contributor/upgrade on either line, that is the way to go. We can pick up a great WR in the second and a great QB project in the third (Schaub, Harris, etc.)

BillsMan80
04-13-2004, 11:57 AM
We need a fricken WR a lot more than a DL. Our WRs are pathetic outside of Moulds, and our offense sucked last year. It boggles my mind that we are here sitting and talking about addressing defense, when we need offense. It is ridiculous. We do not have any needs on the defensive line as of now. We need to wait to take a WR or QB.

EM Bills Fan 80
04-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Maybe we'll go RB? Stephen Jackson would make a nice special teams player. :D

EM Bills Fan 80
04-13-2004, 12:02 PM
If we go D-Line, I can't say Id be very disappointed. If we went WR I'd be Giddy. If we went QB it don't matter either way. Im just excited about the draft and love this time year cause everyone has their own perspective on things. Me, Id like to go WR, but if it came down to DT/QB I'd hope we go with the DT.

Philagape
04-13-2004, 12:16 PM
The offense sucked because of a ridiculous system and injuries. With a healthy Moulds, our receivers will be just fine. We need a pass rush from the left side more.

juice
04-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Go with a WR speedster who can return Kickoffs and Punts.. We are a return man away from having pretty good ST... along with stability at kicker.

The biggest needs are on offense... What if Moulds gets injured again?

McBFLO
04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
I wouldnt disagree with going for a DT, but I would with a DE. Pat Williams' contract is up after this year and is getting old. Having said that, so is Schobel's, but I think we'd resign him before big Pat. I want Rivers first and foremost, then a WR, then a DT, maybe Wilfoork if he's still there.

buffmaniac
04-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Best Player Available. If its a WR take him. If its DL take him. Only exceptions being RB, LB, and CB IMO.

juice
04-13-2004, 12:37 PM
2. He feels the top priorities for the team in the draft are QB and WR. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who made this statement LP or MM... If the QB's are gone it might come down to Best available.. or trading down.

Kolbiss
04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
How come no one want's a punter!......sorry just ignore me, I am bored this time of year

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by juice
2. He feels the top priorities for the team in the draft are QB and WR.

Who made this statement LP or MM... If the QB's are gone it might come down to Best available.. or trading down. [/B][/QUOTE]

LP said that was his feeling, it wasn't MMs.

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
We need a fricken WR a lot more than a DL. Our WRs are pathetic outside of Moulds, and our offense sucked last year. It boggles my mind that we are here sitting and talking about addressing defense, when we need offense. It is ridiculous. We do not have any needs on the defensive line as of now. We need to wait to take a WR or QB.

a wr is not even going to see the field that often.. rookie wrs barely ever make an impact.. and we are a smash mouth offense.. not a 4wr offense... wr is alot more useless than dl.. the dl gets rotated all the time.. a rookie could make an impact immediately. not to mention, we wont be stuck up **** creek when pat and sam both leave next year.

Originally posted by Philagape
The offense sucked because of a ridiculous system and injuries. With a healthy Moulds, our receivers will be just fine. We need a pass rush from the left side more.

thank you. people refuse to see that.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
I would be happy with any of those positions.

Weather its Will Smith, Kenechi Udeze, Philip Rivers, Reggie Williams, or even Thommie Harris I'd be happy.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
we wont be stuck up **** creek when pat and sam both leave next year.

Yea.... im afraid that might happen, I think we can kill two birds with one stone by drafting Thommie Harris.

He gives us an inside pass rush and a replacement if Pat leaves next year. He reminds me of Kris Jenkins of the Carolina Panthers.

juice
04-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
a wr is not even going to see the field that often.. rookie wrs barely ever make an impact.. and we are a smash mouth offense.. not a 4wr offense... wr is alot more useless than dl.. the dl gets rotated all the time.. a rookie could make an impact immediately. not to mention, we wont be stuck up **** creek when pat and sam both leave next year.

thank you. people refuse to see that.

You dont think R. Williams would see the field that often this season... I think Moulds will have some input on that.. I think before seasons end a top 15 draft choice out of this class would see at least half of the snaps on passing downs. If for no other reason than to keep Doubles off of EM. It doesn't take a seasoned Vet. to be a deep threat and catch the deep ball.

Moss and Bolden made immediate impacts and I would argue that any of the Williams kids have as many skills as Bolden.

TD isn't going to take a player that wont be able to contribute the first year two years in a row... I think Tolbert could work wonders with EM, JR, and one of the Williams in the draft. He could turn Reed into a Ward, Williams into a Bolden, and Moulds into his Pro Bowl self.

TedMock
04-13-2004, 02:16 PM
This is a deep WR draft. We don't need one in the first round. Tommie Harris or Vince Wilfork would be our best bet if available.

B-DON
04-13-2004, 02:16 PM
i hope we go with a kicker in rd 1

Jeff1220
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
What about OL? Carey? Seems logical with Jennings possibly gone next yr.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2004, 03:00 PM
If Rivers is still there you take him above anyone else.... then I look to either WR, DE, or DT. If Roy Williams some how manages to come to us, I would not hesitate to draft him. Kenechi Udeze is another player that would be a great steal if he fell to 13, As well as DT Thommie Harris.