PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown's 2004 NFL Mock Draft

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 11:38 AM
It's impossible to predict just who will be selected by 32 NFL teams in order on draft day. That's why putting together a mock draft with just one possible player name for each team seemed like a waste of time. Instead I've decided to put three possible names that each NFL team may be considering when it's their turn to make a selection.

This draft order could very easily be turned upside down with the odds probably better than 50-50 that San Diego trades out of the top spot. The Giants and Washington are already plotting moves up and down the draft board, and who knows who jumps up into the top ten to grab a receiver or one of the top three quarterbacks.

For continuity sake I've elected to avoid all the potential trading and follow the current order. I've also listed what I believe are each team's top four needs, so this mock is still helpful beyond round one.

This is an inexact science even for the professionals who scout college talent, but here's who teams will likely be considering when they're on the clock April 24.

<b>Reggie Williams or Smith could be instant playmakers on either side of the ball.
13. Buffalo WR, DE, QB, TE
WR Reggie Williams - Washington
DE Will Smith - Ohio State
QB Phillip Rivers - N.C. State</b>

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=239960

McBFLO
04-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Im sorry, but I just cant see the Bills passing on Rivers if he's still there at #13. I think they might even trade up to ensure they get him. If they have to give up say a 2nd rounder next year...i'd be 100% cool with that. We'll get the pick back after we trade either Henry or McGahee after this coming season.

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
Im sorry, but I just cant see the Bills passing on Rivers if he's still there at #13. I think they might even trade up to ensure they get him. If they have to give up say a 2nd rounder next year...i'd be 100% cool with that. We'll get the pick back after we trade either Henry or McGahee after this coming season.

He does list a Rivers as a possible selection though. Also that is the only way I would trade up if it was for a pick next year definitley not this year.

McBFLO
04-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Exactly, I wouldnt do it either if it meant giving up a pick this year. If not Rivers, then the best available WR still on the board.