Argue this... you who say our WR corp isnt good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Argue this... you who say our WR corp isnt good enough?

kansas city has jonnie morton, eddie kennison, and tony gonzales.

if you can sit there and tell me that they are more talented than moulds, reed/shaw, and campbell.. then you need to have your family members investigated, because someone is drugging you.

KC has a great offense.. one of the best in the nfl.. and it is based on the following, and in this order...

1. Great OL
    2. Great RB
    3. Great TE
    4. average QB who doesnt make alot of mistakes
    5. piss poor wrs who make a few plays.

we need another horse on the oline alot more than a 4th string wr.

Last edited by Tatonka; 04-13-2004, 02:00 PM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Exactly why we should trade down and get andrews ,carey then pick up some extra picks to get other players on the first day of this years draft. A third rounder in this draft could become a hidden gem or even talented enough to start somewhere right away if he does good enough in camp. Bottom line is we need o-linemen and more picks.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Josh Reed is a great #3 WR...even when EM was healthy Reed did not show that he can stretch the field nor concentrate hard enough to catch the ball in important, let alone, unimportant situations.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

The WR's are capable of big plays and I think Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw are capable of big plays. They don't necessarily have to be "big play" WR's but play well enough within the system so that when they do make a big play it's icing on the cake. You did forget one other important part of KC's success.....Dick Vermeil. Some coaches just know how to get players to play within their means and stay disciplined. Vermeil's one of those coaches. It does all start, on the field, with the OL so that's a given but is Holmes a great RB? I'm not saying "no" but I do wonder. Either way your posts have been impressive for a V-Tech grad. Are you sure you went there? j/k

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

If we had Winslow on this offence, and grabbed Grove in the 2nd id be thrilled. Im a huge Rivers fan but based on that formula..........

Wed have a hell of an offence.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

For arguments sake:

Without Peerless Price the offense was 3rd last.

With him 11th

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Gonzalez is the best TE in the game... Kennison had better #s this season than Moulds, Morton was more consistent than Reed and they didn't loose a game till December... whats to argue... Who had the better Defense?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                Josh Reed is a great #3 WR...even when EM was healthy Reed did not show that he can stretch the field nor concentrate hard enough to catch the ball in important, let alone, unimportant situations.
                that is all piss poor offensive coaching by gilbride.. look at the second half the 2002 season.. moulds and price were not even getting it done.. so you can not hold reed accountable for that.. AND that was only reeds second year.. moulds looked a hell of alot worse in his first two years.

Originally posted by TedMock
                Either way your posts have been impressive for a V-Tech grad. Are you sure you went there? j/k
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

It's really not fair to compare Reed and Price. Yes, I know, #2 WR vs. #2 WR but that's not exactly what happened. Getting rid of Price was supposed to work because we were changing to a power offense with a shorter, more precise passing game. Same philosophy as dumping Centers in favor of Gash. Both are good, just at different things. Anyway, a year ago, they spoke about Reed's toughness and tackle breaking ability over the middle. He should've fit better into the system that never was. Yes, we do still need a WR to stretch the field (All teams do) and we need an eventual replacement for Moulds. This is a nice WR draft so why get a guy in the first round when we can accomplish what we need later? It's more likely that Williams or Adams will go before Moulds. They're all around the same age but Moulds isn't playing on the line with 300+ pounds on his knees. That's why a little rotation help this year and a starter next year is a good thing.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    For arguments sake:

Without Peerless Price the offense was 3rd last.

With him 11th
                    For arguments sake:

Gilbride as OC: 11th
                    Gilbride as OC and QB Coach: 27th

Gilbride was the #1 reason our offense sucked.

He didnt adjust his entire time here. It only took defenses 8 games to catch on, then it was all over. Remember, the offense only looked good the first half of 2002. After that, they were VERY average.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

and people who mention that we need a guy to stretch the field.. we have moulds.. moulds is a deep threat. it is not like we need 2 of them. and moulds is here for at least another 3 years. like ted said, pat is gone after this year and sam will be gone shortly after, if not at the same time.

we can grab a guy like berry or pk sam that will have just as much of an impact as a roy williams.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

and for every randy moss, there are 20 troy edwards and eddie kennisons.

and the list of studs in the nfl at wr is stocked full of guys taken in the 2nd and later.. like chad johnson (3rd rounder), boldin, and plenty more.

Comment

• thefixer74
                          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                          • Apr 2004

What about a younger position WR to replace Shaw,like Michael Clayton.6'4"-200# with good hands and great leaping ability.

Besides I'm not ready to give up on Sam Aiken yet.
                          To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Pride

For arguments sake:

Gilbride as OC: 11th
                            Gilbride as OC and QB Coach: 27th

Gilbride was the #1 reason our offense sucked.

He didnt adjust his entire time here. It only took defenses 8 games to catch on, then it was all over. Remember, the offense only looked good the first half of 2002. After that, they were VERY average.
                            I'm not sure what that has to do with me putting down Peerless Price. Maybe I am missing something.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              and for every randy moss, there are 20 troy edwards and eddie kennisons.

and the list of studs in the nfl at wr is stocked full of guys taken in the 2nd and later.. like chad johnson (3rd rounder), boldin, and plenty more.
                              For every Peyton Manning there are 20 Ryan Leafs, Heath Shulers, Cade McNowns.....

For every Javon Kearse there are 20 Eric Flowers, Aundrey Bruces,.....

For every...................................

Comment

Working...
                              X