X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

WR Rd 1 is a "No Brainer"

Some seem to be of the thought that we have greater needs than the WR position even though it was our Pathetic Offense that couldn't produce points games at a time or touchdowns Months at a time.

I think you have to fix what was broken first... A deep threat would at least open things up for EM.. and if he gets hurt like last year you have more of a playmaker to plug in and you have the hope and belief that a Reed or Aiken can step up and help in production.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

At some point the Bills have to start grooming a replacement for Moulds. Considering how long it takes most WRs to adjust to the pro game, I would start the grooming as soon as possible. That being said, a WR with great potential can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Rivers is not there when the Bills select, I would either take Tommie Harris(if he is still avaible) or trade down and draft an OL.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I think the best solution was mentioned already - trade down into the twenties and draft Evens or Jenkins while picking up an extra second or third. Then you can draft a lineman later.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
        • Jan 2004

You can easily get a descent WR in round 2 if you really wanted..... I disagree with this topic. If Kenechi Udeze or Thommie Harris are still on the board, I would think for a while before I make my decision on a WR.

A bunch of SOLID recievers who in any other draft would be taken in the first, will still be there in the second.

Evans
        Jenkins
        Woods
        Clayton
        Henderson are all SOLID recievers who could make it to us in the second round.
        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
          At some point the Bills have to start grooming a replacement for Moulds. Considering how long it takes most WRs to adjust to the pro game, I would start the grooming as soon as possible. That being said, a WR with great potential can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Rivers is not there when the Bills select, I would either take Tommie Harris(if he is still avaible) or trade down and draft an OL.
          One of the Williams kids could be an impact player in the pass game this year and might be able to contribute in the return game like D. Hall for KC. That year or two learning curve is what separates the Williams triplets top 10 picks and kids like Reed 2nd rd. picks

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
            You can easily get a descent WR in round 2 if you really wanted..... I disagree with this topic. If Kenechi Udeze or Thommie Harris are still on the board, I would think for a while before I make my decision on a WR.

A bunch of SOLID recievers who in any other draft would be taken in the first, will still be there in the second.

Evans
            Jenkins
            Woods
            Clayton
            Henderson are all SOLID recievers who could make it to us in the second round.
            We want to make sure we get a speedster who can catch and not another A. Brown.

Comment

• schobelisdaman
              • Mar 2004

Any of the Williams im happy with in the first.........if not no later than a second round reciever.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

Evans(5-10) ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day.
                Jenkins(6-4) ran a 4.42 and a 4.38 at his pro day.
                Woods(6-2) ran a sub 4.5 at his pro day as did (6-2)Michael Clayton
                And Henderson(5-11) ran a 4.38 at his pro day.

All of them have good size and solid speed.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Evens is kinda short but Henderson at 5-11 4.38.. Question is can they catch and contribute year one?

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                    • Jan 2004

What do you mean contribute? He isn't going to be like Anquan Boldin. But, Im sure he can spread the field for Moulds and Reed and will definitly make some what of a contribution.

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

WR in the first is a NO, not a NO Brainer...If Rivers is gone. We trade down and possibly get Vernon Carey. Then in the 2nd, we get a WR ....There is plenty of WR's to get one in the 2nd.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by juice

One of the Williams kids could be an impact player in the pass game this year and might be able to contribute in the return game like D. Hall for KC. That year or two learning curve is what separates the Williams triplets top 10 picks and kids like Reed 2nd rd. picks
                        Juice, name off the most recent WRs who have made a significant impact in their rookie year. For you to say that any of the Williams triplets will contribute right away is absurd. And define what you mean by contributing. Josh Reed contributed in his first year. He obviously was no A. Bolden, but who is. None of the Williams triplets will put up numbers like that.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

A contributing rookie WR is looking at 2 catches a game for a big average. I don't believe that we need to find that in the first round. I doubt any of the "big 3" QB's will be there at our pick. Then we look at Tommy Harris or Vince Wilfork. They may not be there or, at that point, can fall even further down. In that case, I'd love to see us trade down. Hell, trade down twice. Get a stud OL in Carey or a 2nd tier DT like Randy Starks from Maryland. We have a million options and none of them are bad. I'm pretty comfortable with this draft.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

I AGREE WITH YOU JUICE . For the past couple of months i have been saying that the bills best bet would to draft a wr or de even if rivers was available. The only qb's i would draft in the first 13 are manning and rotheseberger...I don't think we will have to worry about any of the three i think all of them will be gone by the time we pick. Drafting carey after a trade down would not give us the impact player we need in rd 1...

Drafting lee evans in rd 2 is not an option ...Evans is zooming up draft boards and is a lock for rd1 If he last to rd 2 and is their for the bills .. he will be a steal just like price was ....

UDEZE WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE GONE TO JAX OR TEXAS...

So look for the bills to either trade up for a qb or just draft williams at 13.. reggie that is ....

Bmax

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                              Evens is kinda short but Henderson at 5-11 4.38.. Question is can they catch and contribute year one?
                              NO WRS WILL CONTRIBUTE IN THEIR FIRST YEAR!!! i dont care what round they are drafted in..

josh reed will have the last laugh..

you dont have to have 4.3 speed to be a deep threat.. you have to run good routes and be in a good offense.. kildrive is the culprit.. not our wrs..
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X