PDA

View Full Version : Let's have some fun

Bill Brasky
04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
FACT OR FICTION, BILLS STYLE....

1. The Bills will make the playoffs this year?

2.The new coaching staff will be able to elevate Bledsoe's game to what it was in his prime?

3.Travis Henry will still have a 1,000 yrd season even if Willis does not pan out?

4.The defense will still be in the top 5 of the league?

5.Moulds will catch more than 80 passes this year?

-I just made these up now. Just curious to see everybody's answers to these questions. I got sick of seeing nothing but draft threads... and I'm bored.

bills_7
04-13-2004, 03:49 PM
1. yes the bills will make it (11-5)
2. I kinda think this should be blodsoes prime now but he sure hasnt isnt shown it, as long as hes an above AVG QB im happy.
3.TH 1100 yds WM 450 yrds
4. The D better be top two again cause weve only made improvments....
5.Moulds needs to have a big yr and injuring free... he may even be more important then Drew.....

lordofgun
04-13-2004, 03:51 PM

FACT

2.The new coaching staff will be able to elevate Bledsoe's game to what it was in his prime?

FICTION

3.Travis Henry will still have a 1,000 yrd season even if Willis does not pan out?

FACT

FACT

FICTION

The_Philster
04-13-2004, 04:01 PM

1. The Bills will make the playoffs this year?FACT

2.The new coaching staff will be able to elevate Bledsoe's game to what it was in his prime?FICTION...he'll be improved...but I don't see the improvemnt being so dramatic that we can say that.

FACT...and if McGahee doesn't pan out, Henry will have a lot more.
FICTION...I think we'll be in the top 10, but we'll miss LeBeau's contributions.
FICTION...I think he'll be right around 60-70...not any higher because the running game will take precedence over the passing game...finally.

Devin
04-13-2004, 04:04 PM
1. FACT: 11-5/10-6
2. FICTION: He will be a lot better but certainly not his prime/best
3. FACT: TH is the real deal, WM will put up 600-800
4. FACT: Wont be a very big dropoff and may even be better
5. FACT: I was going to put fiction but if our drafted WR plays even decent he will have a great year.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Question 1: FACT Bills will go 9-7 and just make playoffs
Question 2: FICTION He'll be better but not that good
Question 3: FACT He'll get more than 1,000 yards no matter what if he's healthy.
Question 4: FACT I dont think it got any worse
Question 5: FACT Barely, aabout 82 catches

BigZ
04-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

-I just made these up now. Just curious to see everybody's answers to these questions. I got sick of seeing nothing but draft threads... and I'm bored.

yes
close to it
yes
yes
not quite

:cheers:

Romes
04-13-2004, 04:41 PM
#1 Fact - too much talent on the roster not to make the playoffs. you'd really need a bonehead coach (see GW, KG) to screw this one up

#2 Fiction - Bledsoe won't be the type of passer he was in his prime but he will make fewer mistakes then he did last year

#3 Fact - Henry still is the #1 back and will have over 1,000 yds. WM will get around 600 giving us one of the most formidable backfield tandems in recent memory

#4 Fiction - We have yet to see how Jerry Gray can do on his own. However the nucleus is there and Vincent will help this team force more turnovers. I say top 12 but that is good enough when you have a top 10 offense

#5 Fact - Plain and simple the running game will open up the pass and EM will get his catches.

Dantheman1280
04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
1. Fact- we will sqeak in with the wild card.
2. Fiction- Bledsoe will make less errors and a few better throws.

Dantheman1280
04-13-2004, 05:09 PM
3. Fact- T Hen is theman
4. Fiction- it will drop but only slightly
5. Fact- He is still a top flight reciver

justasportsfan
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
1. fact
2. hmmmm, fact? see 5
3. fact
4. fiction, slight drop
5. 82 catches fact but our no, 2 and 3. will have more catches compared to last year. MM will turn our wr's into a couple of 1000 yds wr's. For this to happen 2 has to be a fact.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

1. Fiction - Just being realistic but I hope to God that I'm wrong.

2. Bledsoe had a prime? (that's for all you non Bledsoe fans)

3. Fact - They BOTH may have 1,000, but Travis will easily get 1,000 barring major injury.

4. Fact - and they will cause more turnovers as well

5. Fact - again, barring major injury, I don't think this will be difficult to do.

elltrain22
04-13-2004, 05:52 PM

FACT: The Bills have a soft schedule this year, will have a new re-engerized offense, and Mike Malarky will get the most out of this team. I see at least a 9-7 season.

FICTION: Drew Bledsoe will have an okay year, but he will not throw for 4000 yards, and 25tds, but he will get sacked less, and he will make fewer mistakes. This may even become a fact if Buffalo further addresses their offensive line needs.

FACT: Travis Henry is going to have another 1200-1300 yard season, and I believe the Bills will use McGahee much the same way the Carolina Panthers used Deshawn Foster and Stephen Davis. Both will dynamic, and will create one of the most potent rushing attacks in the NFL.

FACT: The Bills defense, with the addition of veteran Troy Vincent, and possibly more additions via the draft, this defense will be stronger mainly b/c the Bills will be able to hold the ball longer on offense, which will help the defense to rest.

FICTION: Eric Moulds will have close to an 80 catch year, but I beleive will catch about 70-75 balls. Mike Malarkey will implement alot more running into our offensive attack, which will consequently take away from some of EM's catches.

DraftBoy
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
1. Fiction-We will finish a game outta the wildcard and it will come down to the final weekend
2. Fiction-What prime? He'll be better not his best though
3. Fiction-He'll finish just below 1k, near 950
4. Fiction-Top 15 D
5. Fiction-65-75 balls caught, hes still got Blewsoe throwing the ball to him

Bill Brasky
04-13-2004, 06:33 PM
1. Fact - I am always optimistic!

2. Fiction - There is no way he will ever match his best years ever again (and I know many of you will debate if he even had "best years"), but there is no doubt that after last year he can go nowhere but up, esp. with the new coaches and system. I think he can still be more productive than most QB's in the league if put in the right situation.

3. Fiction - I have supported Henry in every single post I've ever seen on this board dealing with him, but I think this season Willis will take away enough of his playing time and carries to result in lower yardage for him. I see him falling just short this year, somewhere between 850-1,000. I hope I am wrong and he has well over 1,000, he deserves it after the way he played last year.

4. Fact - I see them finishing in the top 10 of the league, but I am skeptical about losing LeBeau. I am also skeptical about this defense given the fact that it has failed to force turnovers for a few years now. Rankings are great, but this D needs to step it up in bigger ways other than nice numbers this year!

5. Fact - I could also say fiction though. This really depends on who we draft (or sign as a FA). I will say fact for now, reason being that the Bills are suppossedly going to focus more on the running game, which could open it up for Moulds to erase the mess of a year he had last year. If they draft/sign a speed guy to compliment him and Reed, and the ground game is consistant enough to worry defenses, I can see Moulds having 80-85 catches.

btw - this is the first post that i've had rated! thanks to whomever was responsible!

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 07:02 PM
I just don't see how Henry won't be able to get the 62.5 yards per game that he would need to get 1000 without a major injury. The Bills are supposed to run more so I don't see him getting many less carries even if Willis takes a significant amount away from him. Add into that our new Oline coach making the line better, and you see why I think Henry will easily get 1000.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 07:09 PM
This fun thread turned into a bash Bledsoe thread. Drew will turn it around and have a very good year - his numbers will not be huge, but mostly because we will feature the run.

Bill Brasky
04-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
This fun thread turned into a bash Bledsoe thread. Drew will turn it around and have a very good year - his numbers will not be huge, but mostly because we will feature the run.

when did this happen? I only read 2 severely anti-drew comments.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

You expected any less when one of the questions involved him playing well? :)

I agree, his numbers will be better even if only because he won't be dropping back as much and will be passing quicker (hopefully) this season. The only numbers I really want improved are the ones in the W column.