PDA

View Full Version : Trade down best option?

EDS
04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
There are some definite war camps right now:

1. Need receiver in round 1. Pros - Good value at the 13 pick and lots of talent, could become true elite player. Con - receiver deep draft so can pick up quality player in later round.

2. No receiver in round 1. Pros - other areas can be addressed such as QB (if available), DL and OL. Cons - No QB likely available at 13, no consensus on which DL prospect is best fit (i.e., DE - is Smith better than Kelsay? or DT - will only be backup so no immediate help to team), no OL prospect worthy of 13th pick.

From these two camps it appears that the Bills should stay at 13 only if DL is a priority and a quality prospect is available at that slot - whether that be Harris, Wilfork, Udeze or Smith.

If DL is not in the cards, then a trade down is the best option because other needs can be addressed - i.e., trade down into 20's for either OL (Carey or Grove), WR (Evens, Jenkins, etc.) or QB (Loseman) or maybe even a DT (Starks), and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd for our troubles.

To me, trade down makes the most sense provided rivers or ben are gone. Maybe Pats or someone bites to get a running back or something. Takes two to tango though so you never know. Just seems like I woul rather have two later first round picks or 1 later first and an additional second then one pick at 13.

thoughts?

juice
04-13-2004, 05:24 PM
If the QB's and WR are gone, we should look to trade down to the right bidder.

mypoorfriendme
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by juice
If the QB's and WR are gone, we should look to trade down to the right bidder.

:coocoo:

STAMPY
04-13-2004, 08:49 PM
I might trade down to around 20-23 grab LOSMAN, then grab Evans or Grove with next pick

toughluck
04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
If the three QB's and top 3 WR's are gone by our pick, I like the idea of trading down, hopefully for another round 2 pick. With the first rounder, take Losman/Grove/one of the other receivers. With the two second take either Grove/receiver (wait till 3rd round for another QB) and a tight end (Watson?) Meh, just my thoughts. I really don't think I will be dissapointed however this draft turns out, there are a ton of options, and all of them are good