PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Just on WGR: Rather Depressing

baalworship
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
He said the following:

1. Phil Rivers will be the best QB in this draft and is the real deal. Absolutely in love with Rivers and says Rivers will not make it out of top 10. Thinks San Diego will take him in multiple trade downs.

2. Says all 3 QB's and top 3 WR's gone by Bills pick at 13. Doesn't feel Reggie Williams is in same league as Roy, Fitz, and Mike. Feels all WR's after top 3 are a reach at 13...

3.Says class is strong at DT but that top DT's aren't much better than the next 5-6.

Basically believes Bills are screwed from

QB
WR
DT as valuable picks at 13.

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Lets trade down then.

Dantheman1280
04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Yea but just because thats what he thinks does not mean it is true!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-13-2004, 05:03 PM
very true Dan

Billsouth
04-13-2004, 05:04 PM
i just dont see san diego taking rivers. if they do take rivers that means that they will have 3 qbs and 2 with first round money. can anyone say billswest?

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
Yea but just because thats what he thinks does not mean it is true!!

i agree totally.. how often do the prognosticators get it right?

you got to have someone to trade down with.. it takes two to tango.

baalworship
04-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Well, I hope he's wrong. He just got back from watching film with Kirk Ferentz so I gotta admit the guy can't be clueless.

What it comes down to is Reggie Williams vs the top 3. I have heard comparison of him to Moulds, TO. I have also heard he would be a top 3 pick in any other year. So who knows?

Basically, as Peter King was talking the whole time I kept thinking:

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

:gnight:

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
Well, I hope he's wrong. He just got back from watching film with Kirk Ferentz so I gotta admit the guy can't be clueless.

What it comes down to is Reggie Williams vs the top 3. I have heard comparison of him to Moulds, TO. I have also heard he would be a top 3 pick in any other year. So who knows?

Basically, as Peter King was talking the whole time I kept thinking:

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

Will Smith

:gnight:

What does Kirk Ferentz and Peter King have in common?

Tatonka
04-13-2004, 05:13 PM
both white males ? :idunno:

baalworship
04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Peter King was watching film with Kirk Feretz today on Gallery.

elltrain22
04-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Peter King is a dick anywayz.

elltrain22
04-13-2004, 05:43 PM
He is a fat putz too.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Let's work backward. The 12 picks before us will almost certainly include Gallery, Taylor, Winslow, Harris and Udeze. If two of the following also go before us - W. Smith, Wilfork, a RB named Jones, Hall or another CB, a LB or any typical 1st round surprise - one of King's top 3 QBs or WRs will be available.

Reggie may be better than Mike, anyway, and Losman may be the best QB in the draft.

DraftBoy
04-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Let's work backward. The 12 picks before us will almost certainly include Gallery, Taylor, Winslow, Harris and Udeze. If two of the following also go before us - W. Smith, Wilfork, a RB named Jones, Hall or another CB, a LB or any typical 1st round surprise - one of King's top 3 QBs or WRs will be available.

Reggie may be better than Mike, anyway, and Losman may be the best QB in the draft.

Udeze and or Harris maybe their at our pick

mypoorfriendme
04-13-2004, 06:00 PM
if rivers, roy williams, and tommie harris are gone at 13, then i think we shuold trade down

baalworship
04-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Reggie might be the best WR from this draft. Others say he's a reach at #13. Who knows?

I just want a top 3 QB. Losman is already getting compared to Rob Johnson and we haven't even drafted him yet.

Bmax
04-13-2004, 06:03 PM
We must remember just becuse king has a guy rated ahead of another doen't mean the rest of the teams in the nfl do.

As posted earlier lee evans is rated a mid 1st round pick by some (i'm one of them ) while others have him rated in the lower and top 2nd.. I have to agree will smith at 13 might be great for a team that has the worst de's in the afc east.. maybe afc....

Bmax

Bmax
04-13-2004, 06:06 PM
What's with this harris talk.. why would we take him when the draft is loaded with dt's we could get a quality guy in rd 2 or 3 plus the last time i checked the texans needed a dt along with the redskins..

Bmax

baalworship
04-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Any Will Smith fans here? Please help me understand why this guy is rated so high other than his 40? More than any other top 15 pick I hear bad things about Smith disappearing from games and how a lot of people say he will be a good but not great DE.

Why bother drafting a guy at #13 in this loaded draft unless he's going to be great? Anyone have something on Smith that says he will be greatt?

Link or something to make me think he won't be a terrible pick?

juice
04-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
We must remember just becuse king has a guy rated ahead of another doen't mean the rest of the teams in the nfl do.

As posted earlier lee evans is rated a mid 1st round pick by some (i'm one of them ) while others have him rated in the lower and top 2nd.. I have to agree will smith at 13 might be great for a team that has the worst de's in the afc east.. maybe afc....

Bmax

Someone will take someone not expected or someone will trade up.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
Screw trading down!

We are at the #13 pick! Thats a really good draft choice.... I disagree with Peter Kings oponions on the 3 WR's. Fitzgerald is clearly the best WR in the draft but, after that Roy and Reggie are not far apart, IMO.

I believe all 3 QB's will be off the board by our pick but, who knows what can happen.

We should definitly stay at 13.

SoCalBillsFan
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
So if the 3 WRS and 3 QBs are gone, that's 6 picks. THrow in gallery, taylor, winslow, and stephen jackson (someone will hopefully want a RB) and that's 10. Will smith, udeze, and harris, on has to be on the board. and that's not even taknig into consideration shawn andrews, who might also go before the bills pick.

You gotta figure either 1 qb or receiver of the 6 will still be left on the board.

ScottLawrence
04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
So if the 3 WRS and 3 QBs are gone, that's 6 picks. THrow in gallery, taylor, winslow, and stephen jackson (someone will hopefully want a RB) and that's 10. Will smith, udeze, and harris, on has to be on the board. and that's not even taknig into consideration shawn andrews, who might also go before the bills pick.

You gotta figure either 1 qb or receiver of the 6 will still be left on the board.

Yes, I dont agree that all 3 WR's will go in the top 10.

IMO, Oakland and Jacksonville will go WR.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
I just want a top 3 QB. Losman is already getting compared to Rob Johnson and we haven't even drafted him yet.

How, at this point in his career, can Losman possibly be compared to Rob Johnson?

And who in his right mind would put any stock in such an unfounded comparison?

(BTW, Losman scored a very impressive 31 on his Wunderlich, so to start with, he's a lot smarter than RJ.)

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 06:54 PM

How, at this point in his career, can Losman possibly be compared to Rob Johnson?

And who in his right mind would put any stock in such an unfounded comparison?

(BTW, Losman scored a very impressive 31 on his Wunderlich, so to start with, he's a lot smarter than RJ.)

I also heard that Losman took a lot of abuse from a poor Oline and didn't miss much time. RJ usually couldn't take more than a couple hits without missing significant time.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I also heard that Losman took a lot of abuse from a poor Oline and didn't miss much time. RJ usually couldn't take more than a couple hits without missing significant time.

Losman is smarter AND tougher. A real good combination.

baalworship
04-13-2004, 07:06 PM
JP Losman:

HIGH SCHOOL: A 1999 graduate of Venice High School in Venice, Calif...

California Surfer QB.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 07:23 PM
JP Losman:
HIGH SCHOOL: A 1999 graduate of Venice High School in Venice, Calif...
California Surfer QB.

Oh, now I get it. All athletes from the CA coast are surfer dude morons like RJ. Right on, dude. Gnarly.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2004, 07:27 PM

Oh, now I get it. All athletes from the CA coast are surfer dude morons like RJ. Right on, dude. Gnarly.

And like, totally tubular.

baalworship
04-13-2004, 07:28 PM
If the guy is very good early on he might be accepted but if he struggles for more than a year people in Buffalo will be calling for his head on a platter.

Understand that I saw the guy on NFL network somehow I felt RJ. I can't explain it since I didn't even know he went to high school in CA at the time. Lots of people in Buffalo see RJ in him for various reasons.

Relax, it's just an observation.

I will give him 1 year if we draft him. If he isn't on his way after that.....

:gobills:

Jan Reimers
04-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I will give him 1 year if we draft him. If he isn't on his way after that.....
:gobills:

Unlike us fans, the Bills' hierarchy might actually give a gifted - but inexperienced - QB a little more time than that to mature into a quality player. I don't really think they care where he's from, either.

Dozerdog
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM

Tom Brady is a California QB.....what an RJ comparison that makes :rolleyes:

The Natrix
04-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I like Losman. he is going to be a star for the Packers and Rivers is going to be a long time star for the Steelers. :(

The Natrix
04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Anyone who compares Losman to RJ is a complete idiot. You don't even have to watch game footage. Simply look at a still picture of him. He has like 30 more pounds of muscle than RJ.

Samphin1
04-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Peter King is fat and stupid...the end. I wouldn't put much stock into what he says. At the 13th pick, you should be able to get someone solid who can contribute now, you know like last year's pick... :lol: But seriously, King is full o poo if you ask me. Worst case scenario, you trade down get more picks later in the first round/early second round and fill some holes with nice depth who have the potential to start in a few years. Here is hoping you guys somehow mess it up though. :)

Dozerdog
04-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
What's with this harris talk.. why would we take him when the draft is loaded with dt's we could get a quality guy in rd 2 or 3 plus the last time i checked the texans needed a dt along with the redskins..

Bmax

You can ply him at DE until Pat or Sam are gone

HAMMER
04-14-2004, 01:56 AM
I like the idea of trading back to the end of the first for Losman and acquiring an early second round pick. A late first and two seconds (Grove and Jenkins anyone?), now that is setting the table. Don't believe the hype on the first round receivers. Lots of value in the second and third rounds. Screw the defense this year, they'll be great without a rookie "stud".

B-DON
04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
i think udeze is better than harris and if you want a dt look at darnell dockett from FSU. He is a damn beast. Quick, strong and the all time tackle for losses at Florida state. And i know they have had some damn good linemen over the years

B-DON
04-14-2004, 03:50 AM
as for reggie williams, he will be a star guaranteed, and in the draft there are no guarantees

Big M
04-14-2004, 06:08 AM
"I just want a top 3 QB. Losman is already getting compared to Rob Johnson and we haven't even drafted him yet. "

Why is that ? Losman is NOTHING like RJ. Makes zero sense. He would be a fine pick if we traded down in the 1st, or up from our 2nd pick. Beyond him, there doesn't seem to be anything but projects. I don't think Schaub would fit the Bills kind of QB. ( average arm, west coast offense ) .

Ourlads raves about Losman. He's due to visit OBD this week. The Bills do like the guy.

Earthquake Enyart
04-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Lohsman physically looks like RJ. He runs like RJ. I can see where there are similarities from the neck down.