PDA

View Full Version : Second String to come out December 15th

The_Philster
10-20-2002, 08:22 AM
Regardless of how Drew Bledsoe and company fare this season, relief for long-suffering Buffalo Bills fans is on the way.
Culminating many a dream, the Bills rally for an elusive Super Bowl win in the uplifting "Second String," a 93-minute comedy-fantasy film by Buffalo native and University at Buffalo graduate Rob Lieberman. It had its world premiere in UB's Center for the Arts on Friday before an enthusiastic audience and is scheduled to air nationally Dec. 15 on TNT.

The movie stars Jon Voight as a crusty Bills coach who must turn to a failed pro quarterback he formerly coached, played by Gil Bellows, and his reserves after his offensive line is hospitalized with food poisoning as the team heads into the playoffs. The unorthodox Bellows, who replaces Doug Flutie (playing himself in a cameo), revives his self-confidence, gathers his patchwork offense and leads the team to victory....
Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021020/1006524.asp)

Typ0
10-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Why Doug Flutie? What a bunch of crap. They could have used Jim Kelly. Doug Flutie. You must be kidding me.

The_Philster
10-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Flutie, and Donavan Greer for that matter, was with the team at the time it was filmed and sceduled to be released. We should have seen this movie a couple of years ago. They wanted to keep it current at the time...make it a bit more realistic, I guess.

Herdwatcher
10-20-2002, 10:25 AM
Damn about time. I remember when TNT came over to Kenny's pinto to do some filmimg, that was what.. 3...4 years ago. Hope the shots they took make it and are not on the floor of the edit room. Gotta watch!

The_Philster
10-20-2002, 10:27 AM
They got the Pinto in that? He never said anything about it! That would be so cool seeing the Pinto on TV like that. :up: