PDA

View Full Version : Remember People- Don't fall in Love

Dozerdog
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Whomever you want the Bills to pick- whatever you do- don't grow to attached to him.

Rivers? Big Ben? not looking good

Harris? Prolly not

Udeze? Maybe... don't bet the ranch though

Winslow? Nope

Big 3 WR's? Nada

Taylor? In your dreams

I have a feeling TD has another trick up his sleeve, myself. One thing is for sure, 75% will be disappointed

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Whomever you want the Bills to pick- whatever you do- don't grow to attached to him.

Rivers? Big Ben? not looking good

Harris? Prolly not

Udeze? Maybe... don't bet the ranch though

Winslow? Nope

Big 3 WR's? Nada

Taylor? In your dreams

I have a feeling TD has another trick up his sleeve, myself. One thing is for sure, 75% will be disappointed

I have no expectations...

Ingtar33
04-13-2004, 10:43 PM
heh... a little watercooler rumor for you...

watch SD fall back 5 or so picks and nab Rivers as the 1st QB in the draft (i know, its so nuts as to blow my mind but i heard this one today and thought you guys might find it funny.)

The Spaz
04-13-2004, 10:45 PM
I will fall in love with whoever we pick I have faith in our Front Office!:up::beer:

BillsFever
04-13-2004, 10:48 PM
I don't fall in love with any player on a team let alone a draft pick. This is a business.

juice
04-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

watch SD fall back 5 or so picks and nab Rivers as the 1st QB in the draft (i know, its so nuts as to blow my mind but i heard this one today and thought you guys might find it funny.)

A Billsfan down in NCSU country said he heard the same thing from Rivers agent through a common Friend. He said they have made it clear he was their man, and went as far as to say they may use the #1 on him if they couldn't work the deal to trade down... I know sounds extreme.. But this guy sounds like he has a good inside track.. and that Rivers is all but off the board one way or another with SD.

Ebenezer
04-13-2004, 10:54 PM

if they fall to 6 somebody will take Manning before that...

mypoorfriendme
04-14-2004, 12:37 AM
if the chargers and had all the qb's rated the same, of course theyre not going to say at number 1 to get a certain one. the only crappy thing is that im sure they do have a favorite and this is IF you assume theyre giong to go with a QB, marty schotenheimer doesnt have much time left to turn this team around so its likely they get someone that can step in immedietly, no questions asked, maybe gallery, maybe fitzgerald, who knows. common consensus is though that rookie qb's are not the answer to a strugging team...any exceptions?

RedEyE
04-14-2004, 12:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing Dozer. Seems like every year the Bills first pick is unexpected. McGahee last year??!!??

Everyone is discussing ways to darft a QB, WR or Winslow, and I truly wouldn't be suprised if the Bills took a Saftey, DL or even OL with the first pick.

I think the QB squad next season will be much thicker with talent.

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Everyone is discussing ways to darft a QB, WR or Winslow, and I truly wouldn't be suprised if the Bills took a Saftey, DL or even OL with the first pick.

it is gonna happen.

SABURZFAN
04-14-2004, 08:54 AM

that would be shocking if that happens.

BigZ
04-14-2004, 09:19 AM
I know I'll get bashed for this but the Front Office hasn't done so bad so far. TD probably has something up his sleve.

We need so many things that it'll be easy to like what happens.

There are others who would ***** if we got Manning at #13 (meaning they'd ***** about just about anything).

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!

:fight:

carybillsfan
04-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Okay, the official scoop coming from Phil's friends is this: If the Chargers can unload the 1st pick overall they will probably take rivers if he is available(my source is definate they will take rivers but for my own sake i'll say probably). If there stuck with the 1st pick they will probably take Fitzgerald and Losman if he falls into the second round. They like Rivers but feel too much dinero will be paid out to a #1 drafted QB and with LF they can incentive lace the contract, they would love to get him at #4 and have giants take manning at #1. This is the big problem for SD they want too much compensation for #1! There thinking is that LF is the biggest playmaker in the draft. If they stay at #1 they get him, if they trade the pick away, division rivals Oakland lands him. The giants don't want to give up too much for #1 because they may land Manning at #4, since SD and OAK are battling for LF, if he's gone at 1 OAK will probably take Roy or Gallery, and Arizona will probably end up with Taylor @ 3, leaving Manning for the G-men. So SD is in quite a pinch. After all this Rambling on, talks between phil's agent and the bills, steelers and packers have heated up as they project he may slide that far back but won't slip out of the first round.

Once again Draft day will be as crazy as ever!!! Gotta love it!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I hope Modrak won't be tackling Donahoe before he gives in the card this year:(
again! :mad:

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH

huh?

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 01:08 PM

When did this happen?!:whatthe:

juice
04-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by carybillsfan
Okay, the official scoop coming from Phil's friends is this: If the Chargers can unload the 1st pick overall they will probably take rivers if he is available(my source is definate they will take rivers but for my own sake i'll say probably). If there stuck with the 1st pick they will probably take Fitzgerald and Losman if he falls into the second round. They like Rivers but feel too much dinero will be paid out to a #1 drafted QB and with LF they can incentive lace the contract, they would love to get him at #4 and have giants take manning at #1. This is the big problem for SD they want too much compensation for #1! There thinking is that LF is the biggest playmaker in the draft. If they stay at #1 they get him, if they trade the pick away, division rivals Oakland lands him. The giants don't want to give up too much for #1 because they may land Manning at #4, since SD and OAK are battling for LF, if he's gone at 1 OAK will probably take Roy or Gallery, and Arizona will probably end up with Taylor @ 3, leaving Manning for the G-men. So SD is in quite a pinch. After all this Rambling on, talks between phil's agent and the bills, steelers and packers have heated up as they project he may slide that far back but won't slip out of the first round.

Once again Draft day will be as crazy as ever!!! Gotta love it!

CBF thanks for clearing things up.

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM

huh?

lordofgun
04-14-2004, 02:16 PM
It's too late. I'm already in love with Matt Schaub. :snicker:

DraftBoy
04-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
It's too late. I'm already in love with Matt Schaub. :snicker:

You should be slapped for such horrible words

LOG :loblo: ME

DraftBoy
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM

I agree with the above: Huh?

lordofgun
04-14-2004, 02:25 PM

I completely agree. :snicker:

Ickybaluky
04-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Good point, Dozer.

I remember back in 2001 at draft time, the Pats were coming off a year where they were putrid offensively and everyone wanted to upgrade the offense, though LaDanian Tomlinson was expected to be gone. The big outcry was for them to take WR David Terrell or Koren Robinson, the top guys that year. Both guys were available when the Pats choice came up at #6.

The Pats passed on both and were almost universally panned in the media and by fans, none of whom could believe they bypassed Terrell. Ron Borges, who writes for the Globe, cut Belichick to shreds for bypassing Terrell for a DT who is too tall to hold the point and can't rush the passer. He gave them a D- for their draft.

The guy they took was Richard Seymour, who has been to 2 Pro Bowls already.

You just can't tell. You just have to trust the team knows who can make the biggest difference.

Voltron
04-14-2004, 02:57 PM
NE has the best eye for talent in the league. I can't think of anyone else that can do so much with so little, it just amazes me. I would not be surprised to see them get deep into the playoffs again even after losing the players they lost in FA.

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
NE has the best eye for talent in the league. I can't think of anyone else that can do so much with so little, it just amazes me. I would not be surprised to see them get deep into the playoffs again even after losing the players they lost in FA.

Donahoe is right there with them along with the Ravens Front Office.

Voltron
04-14-2004, 03:07 PM
How many of our draft picks started last year and how many of NE draft picks started?

I don't think TD is in the same league with the NE front office.

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
How many of our draft picks started last year and how many of NE draft picks started?

I don't think TD is in the same league with the NE front office.

How many injuries did NE have last year?