PDA

View Full Version : More Questions....

Valerie
04-14-2004, 07:57 AM
I know we've been through this before, but I forgot. Sorry. Why do people throw octopus on the ice during Detroit games?

Also, in last nights Red Wings vs. Predators game, did the Wings pull Manny Legace during the game and put in CuJo? I missed most of the game and thought that Legace was playing.

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 07:59 AM
It's just a Detroit thing. Why did they pull him? It's probably because he stunk.

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Valerie
I know we've been through this before, but I forgot. Sorry. Why do people throw octopus on the ice during Detroit games?

Also, in last nights Red Wings vs. Predators game, did the Wings pull Manny Legace during the game and put in CuJo? I missed most of the game and thought that Legace was playing.

the octopus is a tradition in detorit......why they throw it on the ice is because each tenicale on the octopus represented how many games you had to win to win the stanley cup in the old days..... cujo was put in after the 3rd predator goal......leagace played pretty bad and now nashville has a great chance to win this series if their goaltending is on

Valerie
04-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Thanks, Realmen! I missed most of the game last night but was flipping back and forth and I wondered what happened for them to pull Legace. I didn't think that was normal to do. To pull a goalie in the middle of the game. I thought it was relly bad to do for the guy's state of mind. Do you think they'll stick with Cujo now?

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 10:13 AM
no problem......that usally happens with goaltending..... they might let cujo take game 5.....not really sure...... im pullin for a predator series victory...... A goalie usally knows thats coming when you give you 3 goals in a playoff game..... legace played bad..... i would think they would let cujo start game 5....goaltending is the big problem in hockeytown...... I hope the preds can pull this series out now that it is tied at 2 games a piece

Valerie
04-14-2004, 10:26 AM
They were saying last night that the momentum is now with the Predators. I guess we'll see. I really don't care who wins that series. I was just watching it because it was on. Although last night I did get two games. The Red Wings game and the Bruins vs. Canadiens game. I flipped between those two games and the President's speech. I was busy last night. lol

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 10:31 AM
the preds have gotten outshot massively....but the momentum is on their side now..... i would expect cujo to get shelled in game 5

Demon
04-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Remember the Florida fans throwing rats on the ice in 1997 or whenever they went to the finals?? lol that was pretty cool too.

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 01:12 PM
i liked the rat throwing

SkateZilla
04-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal

the octopus is a tradition in detorit......why they throw it on the ice is because each tenicale on the octopus represented how many games you had to win to win the stanley cup in the old days..... cujo was put in after the 3rd predator goal......leagace played pretty bad and now nashville has a great chance to win this series if their goaltending is on

That or Its a Metaphor..

Telling the Other Team they stink.. whew.. the octapie Stink.. whew..

Valerie
04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
I guess here's the answer regarding Cujo!

DETROIT (AP) - Goaltender Curtis Joseph will start for the Detroit Red Wings in Game 5 of their first-round playoff series with Nashville.

He replaces Manny Legace, who was in goal the first four games. The series is 2-2, with the next game at Detroit on Thursday.

"You always want to play. It's a fun time of the year," said Joseph, who was informed Wednesday of coach Dave Lewis' decision. "I've worked hard on the ankle with the trainers for this opportunity."

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/211096.html

realmendontwearteal
04-14-2004, 09:56 PM
if cujo starts the preds win game 5 than clinch at home in game 6

pyrrhonist
04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
if cujo starts the preds win game 5 than clinch at home in game 6

Whoops! :eek:

If Detroit plays up to speed on offense, as they have tonight, there is nothing the Preds can do to stop them.

realmendontwearteal
04-15-2004, 10:03 PM
i saw the wings killed nashville.... dam it

Valerie
04-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah, the Wings had a great game last night! And the Canadiens held on for one more game. The Bruins had a chance to put the series away last night and fell way short.

realmendontwearteal
04-16-2004, 09:42 AM
knock the habs out pronto