PDA

View Full Version : Schedule RUMOR and again, this is ONLY a rumor....

Michael82
04-14-2004, 08:36 AM
I was talking with someone at work this morning and he told me that he heard a little rumor that the Bills are going to have a monday night football game AT HOME...against the Rams this season.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know. :D

Ebenezer
04-14-2004, 08:38 AM
not going to happen

Patrick76777
04-14-2004, 08:38 AM
did he say where he heard it?

Pride
04-14-2004, 08:39 AM
I agree... not gonna happen. Ralph knows that if it is monday night, it probably wont sell out. It is too far of a drive for rochester and the southern counties to come home from work, drive to the stadium, and drive home afterwards.

Sunday night is one thing, monday night is totally different.

Mr. Miyagi
04-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
did he say where he heard it?
From a little birdie...

Michael82
04-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
From a little birdie...

yup. :ontome:

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I agree... not gonna happen. Ralph knows that if it is monday night, it probably wont sell out. It is too far of a drive for rochester and the southern counties to come home from work, drive to the stadium, and drive home afterwards.

A home monday night game would sell out FOR SURE.

Are you kidding me?

Patrick76777

Don’t you remember what TD said last year?

He said that it’s a competitive disadvantage to not take Monday night home games! He said that he’d love to have one.

I still don’t think it’ll happen this year but only because we were 6-10 and not because of the Rochester thing.

A Monday night home game against the Rams would sell out the very day tickets went on sale!

Michael82

Tom Donahoe was talking about this on WNSA a while ago and said that it's not true. He said that the Bills would LOVE a home Monday night football game and have told the NFL that, this season.

:pray:

Michael82
04-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
A home monday night game would sell out FOR SURE.

Are you kidding me?

EXACTLY! Especially against a top finesse team like the Rams.

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2004, 08:47 AM
I feel for the guys that have such a long way to drive but the game would be a sellout. I would love for us to have one.

Michael82
04-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
A Monday night home game against the Rams would sell out the very day tickets went on sale!

I TOTALLY AGREE! It would definitely sell out fast! :up:

Michael82
04-14-2004, 08:50 AM
I feel for the guys that have such a long way to drive but the game would be a sellout. I would love for us to have one.

Me too! I would even take off work for Monday night and Tuesday night. :D

TedMock
04-14-2004, 08:57 AM
We're not getting a Monday night game. We stunk last season and the Rams weren't nearly as sexy as they were a few years ago. I can't imagine the league thinking that America would tune into this game.

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
We're not getting a Monday night game. We stunk last season and the Rams weren't nearly as sexy as they were a few years ago. I can't imagine the league thinking that America would tune into this game.

There were some pretty bad Monday night games over the last few years. I am not counting on one, but I don't see how you know we won't get one.

lordofgun
04-14-2004, 09:07 AM

I would buy a few tix immediately.

Aero II
04-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Just as long as it's scheduled for December :)

TedMock
04-14-2004, 09:36 AM

There were some pretty bad Monday night games over the last few years. I am not counting on one, but I don't see how you know we won't get one.

I don't know for certain and I agree that there have been some bad games over the last couple of years. Monday night football ratings have also gone down. They made changes to personell and I read somewhere that the NFL is admittedly going to have to do a better job of picking games. That's why that whole "flex schedule" idea came along last year. I hope they never do that. We'll see better games but ticket holders can't plan quite as easily.

Philagape
04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I would buy a few tix immediately.

I'm in!

tampabay25690
04-14-2004, 09:37 AM
I woulkd fly home and get tickets myself if we had a Monday nite game.....

There is nothing like a MON nite game in Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!

T-Long
04-14-2004, 09:38 AM
I would definitely buy tickets. Why the hell not?? ITS MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Living at college right now, it would be about 3 hours to get there...but I dont care...its WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

bills_7
04-14-2004, 09:46 AM

I think the bills will sell out every home game again just like last yr so obv a home mon night game will get sold out

clumping platelets
04-14-2004, 09:49 AM
It's BS that it wouldn't sell out. The schedule comes out in April and gives people plenty of time to make arrangements to stay overnight and even take a personal day. Especially if they ask for it months in advance :shakeno:

Pride
04-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Wait and see... I bet it doesnt sell out as fast as you all think it would. Alot of people wont take off a tuesday for it.

Granted, I would be there in a second, I am just skeptical of people I guess

Pride
04-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Of course that all goes out the window if it is the dolphins on monday night.

Ebenezer
04-14-2004, 09:56 AM
It's all moot....the Bills WILL NOT have a home Monday night game this year...

I'll bet anybody 1000 zbs.

BillsMan80
04-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Just wondering how you know Eb? If the Jets can get one, why can't we?

lordofgun
04-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Philagape
I'm in!

:D :up:

Earthquake Enyart
04-14-2004, 10:11 AM
They already announced the first Monday night game when they announced the Thursday game. :cynic:

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
It's BS that it wouldn't sell out. The schedule comes out in April and gives people plenty of time to make arrangements to stay overnight and even take a personal day. Especially if they ask for it months in advance :shakeno:

I agree 100%

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Wait and see... I bet it doesnt sell out as fast as you all think it would. Alot of people wont take off a tuesday for it.

Granted, I would be there in a second, I am just skeptical of people I guess

I will bet you 30000 zbs that it will be a sell out.

Ed
04-14-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think the game would have any problem selling out, it is MNF. I remember hearing that the Bills didn't like have home games at night not only because of ticket holders having to travel, but also because night games aren't as family friendly with the crowds being a lot rowdier.

I think MNF would be great for the Bills and Buffalo in general, but I don't see it happening, not with the season we just had. I think it sucks that teams like the Cowboys, Redskins, Packers and others will always get plenty of prime time games regardless of how good they are, but for some reason the Bills are one of the teams that has to have had a decent record in order to be considered. I guess it's all to do with marketing or whatever.

It's not like we ever play well at night either. It seems like we always have our worst games when they're nationally televised.

Whatever, we'll get a home MNF game when we make the playoffs or if McGahee becomes the superstar I think he's going to be.

DraftBoy
04-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
It's all moot....the Bills WILL NOT have a home Monday night game this year...

I'll bet anybody 1000 zbs.

your on and its not bc I think your wrong as much as I am bored and got over 5k in ZB's and dont care about losing 1000

B-DON
04-14-2004, 02:35 PM
dont u think primetime america wants to see mcgahee return from his injury in a game this year?

The Natrix
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Of course it would sell out!!! Duh.

Voltron
04-14-2004, 02:46 PM
If I remeber correctly Ralph was the one that put a stop to MNF home games because the crowd gets too rowdy and they make us all look like A$$holes.

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
If I remeber correctly Ralph was the one that put a stop to MNF home games because the crowd gets too rowdy and they make us all look like A$$holes.

TD changes all of that last year saying it would be great to have a MNF game.

Voltron
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
You still have to remember who writes the checks ;)

Patrick76777
04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Hope is still alive for this one!