PDA

View Full Version : No Mon Night!!!

bills_7
04-14-2004, 04:17 PM
that sucks we dont have a mon night game again....

The_Philster
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
We went 6-10 :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
3 straight non-playoff seasons...

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
The Bills were the worst team to watch last season. Why would anyone want them to be on Monday night?

mypoorfriendme
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
im used to it by now...the bills get screwed. but actually i prefer the sunday night games to monday anyway...too bad we only ahve one this year. i LOVE espn sunday night football, the feeling, the lights, the anouncers, the camera...its way better than monday night IMHO

The_Philster
04-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
im used to it by now...the bills get screwed. but actually i prefer the sunday night games to monday anyway...too bad we only ahve one this year. i LOVE espn sunday night football, the feeling, the lights, the anouncers, the camera...its way better than monday night IMHO
Great point...we don't have to deal with Madden :puke:

bills_7
04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
i think every team should get to play in a mon night game every yr so every can see how other teams r playing... and i just think it would be better overall to see all the teams have at least one game

BillsOwnAll
04-14-2004, 04:53 PM
We did go 6-10...I dont care Monday or sunday....As long as we win im happy. I like 1 o clock games cuase i HATEEE Wanting to goto bed during the gsames but being forced to stay up becuase its on. and theres nothing else to do on a sunday afternoon.

JefftheBillsfan
04-14-2004, 06:13 PM
if EVERY team played on monday night, and there are 17 weeks in the season, and 32 teams...do the math. its not gonna happen.

The Natrix
04-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
if EVERY team played on monday night, and there are 17 weeks in the season, and 32 teams...do the math. its not gonna happen.

actually, YOU do the math again, and report back.

BAM
04-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Great point...we don't have to deal with Madden :puke:

they used to put stick-um on their hands!

:blah:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

actually, YOU do the math again, and report back.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excuse me while I clean the water I just spit out of my keyboard.

JefftheBillsfan
04-14-2004, 06:49 PM
i already did..

that would only leave 2 slots open for teams to play multiple monday nights. then either they would have to deal with the bad teams. for example, do you make the bad teams play each other on MNF (Cards vs. Chargers) and have a completely miserable mnf, or do you waste one of the elite teams only mnf game matching up against an awful team?

on another note, i hate how a lot of people here like to take what people say literally instead of what they mean. but w/e i guess.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
i think every team should get to play in a mon night game every yr so every can see how other teams r playing... and i just think it would be better overall to see all the teams have at least one game

I think that is virtually impossible. Besides, who would have wanted to watch the Raiders play the Chargers.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
oops, that was already taken care of.

Nevermind. :D

Samphin1
04-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Miami has four primetime games. Two on Sunday Night and two on Monday I believe...just saying is all.

BTW, I agree, I think Sunday Night Football's overall presentation is cleaner and seems more like a big deal than Monday Night Football. The games on Monday almost seem like and afterthought as opposed to the Sunday night games which seem like a main event. Anyone else feel that way?

The Natrix
04-14-2004, 08:41 PM
i already did..

that would only leave 2 slots open for teams to play multiple monday nights. then either they would have to deal with the bad teams. for example, do you make the bad teams play each other on MNF (Cards vs. Chargers) and have a completely miserable mnf, or do you waste one of the elite teams only mnf game matching up against an awful team?

on another note, i hate how a lot of people here like to take what people say literally instead of what they mean. but w/e i guess.

My bad, I misunderstood.

But I agree that BOA's proposal is awful. The NFL is not communist.

bigbry
04-14-2004, 11:20 PM

Priceless!!!

BB

kardshark19
04-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Shoot! I'm glad. I work Monday nights, and would hate to have to miss it. Works for me, but I'm selfish. :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
It's OK I don't want Fat Man Madden here anyways and I hate AL!!! I would rather go to the dentist and have a tooth drilled instead of listen to those two talk. MNF is soooooooooo boring

Mr. Cynical
04-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Miami has four primetime games. Two on Sunday Night and two on Monday I believe...just saying is all.

BTW, I agree, I think Sunday Night Football's overall presentation is cleaner and seems more like a big deal than Monday Night Football. The games on Monday almost seem like and afterthought as opposed to the Sunday night games which seem like a main event. Anyone else feel that way?

I think I know what you mean. For whatever reason, the Sunday night game just feels like the perfect desert to a day chock full o' football.....you start with NFL Countdown at 11:30AM as the appetizer and don't stop gorging on football until midnight.

That's basically 12 solid hours of pure bliss. :smoke:

At least that's how it was when I had NFL Sunday Ticket. Now that I don't have DirecTV anymore, my bliss can get smacked down by having to watch the #$%& Giants AND Jets here in NYC. :mad:

But yeah, I think the fact that Sunday Night football is after 2 other games makes it kinda like, "Oooh..I still have one more game to watch!", almost like you don't want the good times to end. Whereas Monday night is like, "Whew. I just got home from work. Day sucked. Oh, cool, some football is on.", but you're kinda beat from the work day.

That and the fact that the combination of Patrick/Maguire/Theismann is alot more lively and fun than that broken record Madden. (I still like Al though)