PDA

View Full Version : You decide:

TigerJ
04-14-2004, 08:27 PM
You may remember Dozerdog posted a link to Sportsrumormill.com a few days ago. I went and joined and have been following in particular the posts of one Bearcatmania who claims to be an NFL insider. He has just revealed his true identity because he is about to retire. He is James Frederick Brandt, related to Gil Brandt of Cowboys fame and a former assistant to Paul Brown of the Bengals. He is retiring from an NFL consulting business.

In a recent post, he stated the Bills think Roethlisberger may drop out of the top five. If he does, they plan on attempting a draft day trade with the Jaguars at #9 to get ahead of Pittsburgh since they are convinced Pittsburgh would take him at #11.

Part of the rationale for thinking Roethlisberger may drop is another possible draft day trade that would have Washington and San Diego switch first round positions. Washington would not pick a QB at #1 because they recently picked up Brunnel. San Diego would not pick a QB because part of the deal includes picking up Washington OT Chris Samuels and QB Pat Ramsey. It seems that Samuels and Ramsey have the same agent, and Ramsey is still steamed at Washington's acquisition of Brunnel. Sexton, the agent is using Chris Samuels as leverage to get Washington to make the trade. Enough of my explanation. You can read it yourself and make up your own mind about how reliable it might be.

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/viewtopic.php?t=17178&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You may have to register to open the thread.

DraftBoy
04-14-2004, 08:30 PM
register??? Come on just copy and past the post

ryguy8161
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Do people generally accept or criticize his information?

DraftBoy
04-14-2004, 08:34 PM
I remeber Dozer had said that the guy has generally been pretty accurate

ryguy8161
04-14-2004, 08:37 PM
"On to other news as if you need more after that. Buffalo is maneuverign to get in place to draft Ben Roetlisberger. Buffalo seems to believe Roethlisberger may be availabel at #9 which just so happens to belong to Jacksonville. Buffalo picks #13 while the Steelers pick #11. Malarky knows as a former Steeler that Rooney and company are high on Roethlisberger and will select him if he's avalaible. Buffalo is making contact with clubs to move ahead of Pittsburgh to draft Roethlisberger. A deal would not happen until draft day once Buffalo knows Roethlisberger falls from the top 5. They will not move up to the top 5 to draft him as they feel the price is too steep. Pittsburgh has to now made no indications that it will move up for any one player. Stay tuned. "

ryguy8161
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Something I found in another post of his:

"Cleveland and Buffalo have been talking recently. Buffalo is interested in moving up to #7 to select Roy Williams ,Ben Roethlisberger, or Kellen Winslow. Additionally, Buffalo has spoken with San Diego regarding the #1 overall pick. This of course would be for Eli Manning."

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 09:32 PM
:pray: we dont trade up.

BigZ
04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't think we move up either but if we did, it certainly won't be to #1.

Ickybaluky
04-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I am pretty skeptical. First of all, not only have I never heard of the guy but he doesn't show up anywhere when searching the web. There is no James Brandt listed in Dayton, OH on whitepages.com.

2nd, the thought that this guy is flying around the country meeting with all the high profile NFL decision-makers he claims to be on a regular basis (discussing their needs, plans and being privy to confidential contract negotiations), and then sharing that information on some internet portal...

...well, it stretches the realm of believability. So he is retiring... why does he all of a sudden choose choose this venue to share all this information? What is in it for him?

Really... it strikes me as completely ludicrous.

clumping platelets
04-15-2004, 06:48 AM
:idunno:

Earthquake Enyart
04-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by NE39
I am pretty skeptical. First of all, not only have I never heard of the guy but he doesn't show up anywhere when searching the web. There is no James Brandt listed in Dayton, OH on whitepages.com.

2nd, the thought that this guy is flying around the country meeting with all the high profile NFL decision-makers he claims to be on a regular basis (discussing their needs, plans and being privy to confidential contract negotiations), and then sharing that information on some internet portal...

...well, it stretches the realm of believability. So he is retiring... why does he all of a sudden choose choose this venue to share all this information? What is in it for him?

Really... it strikes me as completely ludicrous.

He lost me with the private jet. :down: