PDA

View Full Version : Tv And Sports

ECUCHRIS
04-14-2004, 09:30 PM
What Do you guys think about TV and Sports. Has TV created a negative image in the sports world?

ALA KEYSHAWN, TO

Dozerdog
04-14-2004, 09:36 PM
No.

It's not TV - there was TV in the 60's, 70's and players acted like professionals. It's all about getting spoiled by Millions- it's things like Video games and just plain old "Me above the team" attitides.

Everything, not just sports, is all about pushing hte envelope at every opportunity.

Add in Millionaire egomaniacs with higher than average testosterone and you get a bunch of ass clowns who can't just hand a ball to the ref in the end zone.

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
No.

It's not TV - there was TV in the 60's, 70's and players acted like professionals. It's all about getting spoiled by Millions- it's things like Video games and just plain old "Me above the team" attitides.

Everything, not just sports, is all about pushing hte envelope at every opportunity.

Add in Millionaire egomaniacs with higher than average testosterone and you get a bunch of ass clowns who can't just hand a ball to the ref in the end zone.

:up:

Devin
04-14-2004, 11:14 PM
correct.

B-DON
04-14-2004, 11:21 PM
tv doesnt make them act like that it just shows how they really are

bigbry
04-14-2004, 11:22 PM
No.

Totally agree!

BB

juice
04-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ECUCHRIS
What Do you guys think about TV and Sports. Has TV created a negative image in the sports world?

ALA KEYSHAWN, TO

They could be doing alot worse.. Like power driving peoples heads into the ice after sucker punching them.

B-DON
04-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by juice

They could be doing alot worse.. Like power driving peoples heads into the ice after sucker punching them.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
04-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by juice

I agree. Hockey's goon antics make pulling out a Sharpie or a cell phone seem pretty innocuous.

juice
04-15-2004, 10:55 AM
No.

I think these guys are just marketing themselves... A brief moment on a Sportscenter's Top 10.. In TO's case it got him an endorsement with Sharpie.. The entire Endzone celebration is an attempt at self promotion. Can you blame them... What other commercials does TO get.

Despite another good year from TO.. His season's most memorable moment may have been an endzone celebration... His way of saying " Hey look at me, I'm good at what I do and I want out of SF"

ECUCHRIS
04-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah the person from Corrolla NC, come on most of these Bills fans like hockey. Saberz Hockey right guys!

ECUCHRIS
04-17-2004, 11:48 PM
I personally belive that some athletes belive that no publicity is bad publicity. YES YES!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-17-2004, 11:58 PM
I personally belive that some athletes belive that no publicity is bad publicity.

Some athletes definately belive that.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Yeah the person from Corrolla NC, come on most of these Bills fans like hockey. Saberz Hockey right guys!

No. GO LEAFS GO :mounty:

LtBillsFan66
04-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Maybe not TV, but the internet has. Now rumors and accusations fly around at light speed. Not only the internet, but also cable TV with its hundreds of channels. Years ago there was no ESPN news, fox sports net, ESPN, etc, etc, etc. So sports news couldn't have possible have gotten as much attention as it does now. Years ago, they probably reported what they could. Now, reporters seek news. Seek stories. There is an entertainment value of the sports news. There wasn’t enough time in space for that years ago.

juice
04-18-2004, 12:13 PM
15 years ago There would have been no Kobe Bryant case.. someone would have given her a grand and she would've disappeared.

10 years ago Janet's Boob exposed would'nt have been the Million dollar add campaign to promote album sales and create comedy skits on SNL it is today. With todays media coverage being in every aspect of our life the Gains outweigh the consequences in $$ figures.

Jason Williams Drivers murder case would have been ruled an accident case closed 15 yrs ago also.

ECUCHRIS
04-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah right havent you seen "THE HURRICANE"

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Two words. Muhammad Ali.

His antics and "look at me, I'm the greatest BS" has had a horrible and profound effect on sports.

He made it OK for athletes to over-celebrate and and be loud publicity-whores.

ECUCHRIS
04-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Are you stationed at a military base in South Korea!

Bill Brasky
04-26-2004, 01:16 PM

ALA KEYSHAWN, TO

is this an essay question? how many pages does it have to be?