X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ECUCHRIS
    • Mar 2004

Tv And Sports

What Do you guys think about TV and Sports. Has TV created a negative image in the sports world?

ALA KEYSHAWN, TO
    "President of the Eric Staal fan club"

• Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

No.

It's not TV - there was TV in the 60's, 70's and players acted like professionals. It's all about getting spoiled by Millions- it's things like Video games and just plain old "Me above the team" attitides.

Everything, not just sports, is all about pushing hte envelope at every opportunity.

Add in Millionaire egomaniacs with higher than average testosterone and you get a bunch of ass clowns who can't just hand a ball to the ref in the end zone.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      No.

It's not TV - there was TV in the 60's, 70's and players acted like professionals. It's all about getting spoiled by Millions- it's things like Video games and just plain old "Me above the team" attitides.

Everything, not just sports, is all about pushing hte envelope at every opportunity.

Add in Millionaire egomaniacs with higher than average testosterone and you get a bunch of ass clowns who can't just hand a ball to the ref in the end zone.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

correct.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

tv doesnt make them act like that it just shows how they really are

Comment

• bigbry
            • Aug 2002

No.

Totally agree!

BB

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ECUCHRIS
              What Do you guys think about TV and Sports. Has TV created a negative image in the sports world?

ALA KEYSHAWN, TO
              They could be doing alot worse.. Like power driving peoples heads into the ice after sucker punching them.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by juice

They could be doing alot worse.. Like power driving peoples heads into the ice after sucker punching them.
                ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by juice
                  I agree. Hockey's goon antics make pulling out a Sharpie or a cell phone seem pretty innocuous.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

No.

I think these guys are just marketing themselves... A brief moment on a Sportscenter's Top 10.. In TO's case it got him an endorsement with Sharpie.. The entire Endzone celebration is an attempt at self promotion. Can you blame them... What other commercials does TO get.

Despite another good year from TO.. His season's most memorable moment may have been an endzone celebration... His way of saying " Hey look at me, I'm good at what I do and I want out of SF"

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ECUCHRIS
                      • Mar 2004

Yeah the person from Corrolla NC, come on most of these Bills fans like hockey. Saberz Hockey right guys!

Comment

• ECUCHRIS
                        • Mar 2004

I personally belive that some athletes belive that no publicity is bad publicity. YES YES!

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                          Exhausted of Losing
                          • Mar 2004

I personally belive that some athletes belive that no publicity is bad publicity.
                          Some athletes definately belive that.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                            Exhausted of Losing
                            • Mar 2004

Yeah the person from Corrolla NC, come on most of these Bills fans like hockey. Saberz Hockey right guys!
                            No. GO LEAFS GO

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Maybe not TV, but the internet has. Now rumors and accusations fly around at light speed. Not only the internet, but also cable TV with its hundreds of channels. Years ago there was no ESPN news, fox sports net, ESPN, etc, etc, etc. So sports news couldn't have possible have gotten as much attention as it does now. Years ago, they probably reported what they could. Now, reporters seek news. Seek stories. There is an entertainment value of the sports news. There wasn’t enough time in space for that years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X