PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT DIARIES: Lee Evans says Bills may be a fit

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 10:28 PM
BOB BERGER: "Lee, in two weeks the draft will take place. You worked out for the Steelers, Bills and Browns. How did that go?"
LEE EVANS: "It went well. We'll see if one of those teams pulls the trigger and takes me."

BOB STELTON: "Were any of them more interested than the others? Or do they all try and keep a poker face?"

EVANS: "Actually, they all did a pretty good job of telling me their mindset. The Bills seem to be the team where it's the most feasible that they'd take me. I mean, you look at the Steelers and they have three real good receivers. You look at the Browns, they are going through some things, but they have some good receivers over here. So I don't know, but Buffalo seems to be, of all the visits, the one that is probably the most feasible in taking me."

BERGER: "Lee, you just worked out for three different teams. Do they all work you out the same, and just have you go through the paces? Or does each team have you meet with their representatives and each do their own specific workout? How does that work?"

EVANS: "With me, it's not even a workout. They bring you on in and you meet with the training staff, you go through all that again. Basically, it's to meet with the offensive coordinator, receiver coach, head coach and the GM, things like that. Some people work out. I don't actually work out. It's more of a visit to get acquainted, talk to them, learn their system, see their facilities, things like that. It's more of a 'get to know you' type of visit."

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2313648

I would love him in a trade down in the 1st or a trade up in the 2nd.

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 10:38 PM
i would be very happy to have him.. but only in a trade down.. way down.. that netted us another 2nd rounder.. OR, like you said.. a trade up in the 2nd..

but any of that is so up in the air based on what we do early.. who is there basically..

i mean there is no way to know who is gonna drop either.. you know.. i might scream if we take him in the first.. but if we were able to land losman and grove in the second by adding an extra pick, and chad lavalais in the 3rd, then i would be completely ok with evans in the late first.

that is why i will stay away from the computer during the first day of the draft.. i will be running my party and trying to pay close attention.. cuz if i wasnt, i would be the guy that is over reacting, one way or the other, on draft day.. :D

great find, by the way!

:cheers:

The Spaz
04-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would be very happy to have him.. but only in a trade down.. way down.. that netted us another 2nd rounder.. OR, like you said.. a trade up in the 2nd..

but any of that is so up in the air based on what we do early.. who is there basically..

i mean there is no way to know who is gonna drop either.. you know.. i might scream if we take him in the first.. but if we were able to land losman and grove in the second by adding an extra pick, and chad lavalais in the 3rd, then i would be completely ok with evans in the late first.

that is why i will stay away from the computer during the first day of the draft.. i will be running my party and trying to pay close attention.. cuz if i wasnt, i would be the guy that is over reacting, one way or the other, on draft day.. :D

great find, by the way!

:cheers:

:kisscheek::beers:

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
:kisscheek:

:eek:

BADTHINGSMAN
04-14-2004, 10:57 PM

:eek:

Spaz kissing himself over his own find.. That is a bit strange..

Tatonka
04-14-2004, 11:11 PM
i was worried he was kissing me. :snicker:

Devin
04-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Well it is a good find, id be more then happy with Evans.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-14-2004, 11:46 PM

I looked at that wrong, Maybe you should throw a rock at Spaz..:stone:

B-DON
04-14-2004, 11:54 PM
so we wont have the pleasure of talking to u on draft day tonk?

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 12:02 AM

:rose: :lmao:

Jan Reimers
04-15-2004, 08:00 AM
I like Evans. He's Peerless Price with surer hands and a better attitude.

Tatonka
04-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
so we wont have the pleasure of talking to u on draft day tonk?

i will pop in from time to time.. but for the most part.. i will be downstairs with everyone...