X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

My mock Draft

This would hinge on Giants trading up to #1 to take Gallery.

We ship Henry off to Oakland with a conditional pick next year for the #2 pick in the draft, and Oakland 3rd this year.

1500+ yards next year 3rd rd pick
    1000-1499 a 2nd rd pick
    999-below a 1st rd pick

We then select Eli Manning #2

Trade down from #13 To Dallas @#22 for Dallas' 2nd rd #52

Dallas gets ahead of NE to get RB Jackson

We take Lee Evans @#22

2nd RD

We take @#43 Ben Watson TE

@#52 (From Dallas) Jake Grove C

3rd RD

@#67 (From Oakland) Bob Sanders SS

@#74 Michael Turner RB

4th RD

@#107 Nate Kaeding PK

All of this I think would hinge on Henry's percieved Value and what kind of compensation the Raiders would need for #2 overall pick.

We would be set at QB, TE, WR, and C. Have a backup plan at RB with Turner. Groom a replacement for Milloy, or move Sanders to FS (4.3 40). Get Kaeding and cut Lindell.

I like it.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

I'm sorry, but Henry for the #2 AND 3rd rounder even with a conditional pick next year is a fantasy dream. I don't know if Watson will be there in the second but I very much doubt that Grove slips that far.

If you are looking for opinions, I would love just about every one of those guys.

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

For Henry I'm not sure that is too far fetched. I would consider adding something in to sweeten the pot if that is what it would take. I think the prospects of Manning plus the others would be worth it.
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

ok.. trading henry wont happen first of all.

manning is not the best qb out of the group either, imho.. i would take ben or rivers over him.

and the compensation for henry, you said 999 or below we get a 1st? but if he breaks 1500 we get a 3rd??
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Oops no that would be compensation for the Raiders.

He rips off 1500 yards they get our 3rd in 05

and so forth...........

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

I could also go

#22 Ben Watson

#43 Jake Grove

#52 Keary Colbert

With concerns of getting Watson and Grove.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'm not sure you get either Watson or Grove that far down, even with the reckless trading of TH. But with a little horse trading, you might get Evans and Losman, plus a good TE (Peters, Utecht or Harstock) and a quality O lineman (Stiponavich, Peterman, etc.) WITHOUT TRADING HENRY. We simply cannot trade TH at this time. Willis is still an unknown.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Michael Turner would provide insurance to McGahee.

Rarely in life do you hit a home run without taking a risk.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                  • Sep 2002

I don't know why people continue to shop Henry. Not only is he a productive runner but he is also cheap. And McGahee has yet to carry the ball in NFL competition yet.

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

Henry won't be traded at all. No way we get rid of him until we see if McGahee is OK. But definitely next year though it would be a possibility.

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Stiponavich
                      I wonder what his nickname is.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Stepanovich

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BidsJr
                          Michael Turner would provide insurance to McGahee.

Rarely in life do you hit a home run without taking a risk.
                          Bad analogy, besides, I think it is you can't hit a home run without swinging the bat.

I thought trading Peerless was a risk he had to take last year and that didn't work. I thought cutting Centers and Riemersma without competant backups was a risk that didn't seem to work. Last years draft was almost entirely a risk since he didn't seem to get anyone that helped last year. Keeping Gregg Williams I thought was a risk last year and that definitely didn't work out.

I don't think you take the ONLY thing that worked well on our offense last year and remove it for another player that has a history of knee injuries and as insurance get someone in a later round.

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

if we were to trade Henry it would be the dumbest thing to ever be done by our team, and I would give it major thought about saying to hell with the Bills if they trade him
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Bad analogy, besides, I think it is you can't hit a home run without swinging the bat.

The analogy is fine. I just wasn't using someone elses.

In the game of life you don't use a bat to hit home runs.

Comment

Working...
                              X