PDA

View Full Version : "Our Boy" Travis Henry Kicks Butt in Miami

Ð
10-20-2002, 03:07 PM
In a victory for "non-independant thinkers," Travis Henry HUGELY contributed to the Buffalo Bills success, taking the highly overrated Miami defense to school for 132 yds rushing.

The most important stat is the "W"

I tip my hat to a great team effort.

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2002, 08:15 AM
Take away his 10 best runs and he sucks. :D

Travis is the man!

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 08:57 AM
The sure beat the hell out of the fins going around left tackle.

NC-BILLS44
10-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

Travis is the man!

That's right!!! LOL!!

Phins054
10-21-2002, 09:11 AM
Travis had a solid game and a few decent runs. I figured he might get some yards, but as long as we kept him from the endzone we would be ok. Similar to the Colts gameplan. Focus more on pass defense (which was pretty solid) and try to funnel the runs outside. We just lost containment on 2 of his big runs. I will say that his running style is a lot like Rickys. Travis is more of a power back than I thought he was...

BillsNYC
10-21-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

Travis is the man!

take away all his runs and he had an awful day!

hahahahaha!!!!

no threads started by wys today...anybody notice that!!

go bills!!!!
:drinker:

Captain gameboy
10-21-2002, 12:55 PM
Eartquake pointed out that we had a few good runs going around the left side. I want to make three points on this subject. I saw it live, and I think the points are valid.
1. We had god success going around LT, as EE pointed out. Jennings turned his guy inside, but more importantly, on the two bigger runs, Reed and Moulds drove the CB to the inside by superb run blocking. The times we failed, we did so by going Price's way, and he whiffed on his CB.
2. The Dolphins occasionally, played our WR's very tight off the line. In doing so, they were vulnerable to sweeps, because it was easier for our WR's to be effective in run blocking. It is much easier to block a DB if he's two yards of the LOS than when he's 12 yds. back.
3. Stats don't tell the full story. Travis Henry had big plays when our wide outs had good blocks. The Dolphins D'line is overrated. We didn't really have a problem with them. Good blocks on their corners=good yds for TH.
Conclusion A. The Dolphins play a high risk D against the run because they are so confident of their DBs covering the pass, that they line up very tight. The Bills saw this and used it in our running game. This pre-snap posture may be may be effective pass-wise, but by being so aggressive, they are vulnerable to run plays based on good blocking WR's.
Conclusion B. Peerless needs to run block better. I know he's small, but a mere screen block is more effective than whiffing on a CB and forcing TH to cut back inside against linebacker persuit.
Comments?

vabillsfan
10-21-2002, 02:26 PM
I think Wys is traveling today - don't worry, you'll hear from him tonight or tomorrow morning - bet your zonebucks on it!