PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with NFL's obsession with the Packers?

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2004, 01:28 PM
We only have 1 Sunday night game, whereas Green Bay has 6???!!!

Preseason
Monday, Aug. 16 Seattle at Green Bay (ABC)
Regular Season
Monday, Sept. 13 Green Bay at Carolina (9 p.m. ET, ABC)
Monday, Oct. 11 Tennessee at Green Bay (9 p.m. ET, ABC)
Sunday, Nov. 21 Green Bay at Houston (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Monday, Nov. 29 St. Louis at Green Bay (9 p.m. ET, ABC)
Friday, Dec. 24 Green Bay at Minnesota (3 p.m. ET, FOX)

WTF?????? :mad:

DraftBoy
04-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Farve retirement tour?

ryjam282
04-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Bastards...

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 01:35 PM
I can barely stand watching the Packers. They kiss Farve's ass like none other. A. Green could elude 6 tacklers on his way to a 95 yard TD, and they (especially Madden) would be talking about what a great hand-off Favre made.

bills_7
04-15-2004, 01:35 PM
we r just one of those teams that have to play good to get any respect around the NFL....

but it all makes it worth while when we do and at least people wont get sick of us...

cause i know im sick of alot of teams....

cowboys
packers
pats
jets
rams.....
maybe evn put the bungals on that list too.....

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
They kiss Farve's ass like none other. A. Green could elude 6 tacklers on his way to a 95 yard TD, and they (especially Madden) would be talking about what a great hand-off Favre made.
They do the same or even more ass kissing to Fairy Boy Brady. :mad:

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

They do the same or even more ass kissing to Fairy Boy Brady. :mad:

No way, not even close. The Farve ass-kissing is unmatched.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2004, 01:45 PM
No way, not even close. The Farve ass-kissing is unmatched.
Then you may not want to live here in Wisconsin. :snicker:

Ebenezer
04-15-2004, 01:51 PM
GB is my second favorite team...I could watch them every week...Buffalo ever loses the Bills I will be a GB fan because I am assured they will never move.

lordofgun
04-15-2004, 02:23 PM
It's all about Favre....

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
GB is my second favorite team...I could watch them every week...Buffalo ever loses the Bills I will be a GB fan because I am assured they will never move.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BTW, if you need me to get you some cheap local Cheesehead stuff let me know.

Ebenezer
04-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
It's all about Favre....

:up: ...and the Pack draw well.

chernobylwraiths
04-15-2004, 02:30 PM
I can barely stand watching the Packers. They kiss Farve's ass like none other. A. Green could elude 6 tacklers on his way to a 95 yard TD, and they (especially Madden) would be talking about what a great hand-off Favre made.

I'd take listening to Madden any day over that idiot Theisman. Do you remember how he praised Doug Flutie an how well he took the snap from center?

BillsNick
04-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Green Bay made it to the playoffs last year, and they are consistantly a good team. Favre is one of the best QBs to play the game.

Also I think Green has been getting plenty of credit. This team deserves those primetime games.

The Bills don't deserve anything like that until they can prove that they're contenders.

Iehoshua
04-15-2004, 03:38 PM
www.packerssuck.com

:up:

r_ruffolo
04-16-2004, 05:24 AM
As long as Favre is on that team the Pack will be on TV all the time. Plus, they have a bigger fan base than us. Not in the actual city, I'm talking across the country.

BAM
04-16-2004, 06:59 AM
**** the mother****ing fudge ****ing packers

:mad:

:D

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 03:03 PM
come on guys... its not about how good you are... IT'S ALL BOUT RATINGS!!!

Mr. Cynical
04-16-2004, 05:30 PM
I can understand it. Besides them earning it by being a consistently good team, it also has to do with the fact that GB has such a great history and tradition - it doesn't get anymore "football" than the Frozen Tundra. Also the city does not have any other sport and is thus completely comsumed by football, which gives it that "charm". Even the players admit that when they play there it is special for them given the history and feel of the place.

Finally, and more subjectively, IMHO Favre is the best QB of all-time. He totally embodies the spirit of the game, e.g., professional, kid-like enthusiasm, tough, competitive and truly appreciates the game. As such he deserves all the accolades he gets. It will be a sad day when he finally retires.