X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bannister or not

Tomorrow is the last day to make offers to restricted free agents. With the draft coming up, and almost everyone believing we will get a WR at some time during the first day, does anyone think we should still go after Bannister? or do we take our chances in the draft or maybe wait till June 1st?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I think we would have done it by now! But who knows?
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

yeah. i am sure that we would have made that move by now. they are completely focused on the draft at this point. shame that we cant go after him once the draft was over.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if he doesn't sign his tender. Doesn't he become a unrestricted free agent?

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

we won't sign another FA till after the draft
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

I agree...at this point we probably won't make any type of move towards him. I guess it is also water under the bridge but should we have made a move for Bannister? or with all the good WRs in the draft was it the smart move to take our chances in the draft?
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Hmmm, I wonder what happens if he doesn't sign his tender. Doesn't he become a unrestricted free agent?

Then what would be the point of being an RFA in the first place?

I beleive if they don't sign, they don't play.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                Then what would be the point of being an RFA in the first place?

I beleive if they don't sign, they don't play.
                Yeah, you are right...

Restricted free agents, those veterans who have accrued three credited seasons in the NFL pension plan, have only until Friday at 11:59 p.m. ET to sign offer sheets with other teams. Once the deadline passes, restricted free agents can no longer negotiate with other teams, and their exclusive rights revert back to the incumbent franchise.
                The clock is moving inexorably towards the latest NFL deadline and, just as notably, perhaps toward the surprising retrenchment of what was supposed to have been the hot free agent trend in the league.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

I would pass on him

Comment

• mightyspaz
                    Short, Furry and Cold
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bert102176
                    we won't sign another FA till after the draft
                    So True ... the draft is like 9 days away. Buffalo is holding out because after the draft the markets will re open with people cutting players for salary cap space and what not.

9 DAYS!!!!! WAHOO!!!!
                    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I think Bannister would have been an intriguing addition, but I agree that Buffalo is through signing free agents until after the draft.

Could Buffalo trade for rights to sign Bannister after tomorrow? I'm thinking Buffalo would wait until after the draft, and if they feel they have a spot for Bannister as permission to talk to him and offer a conditional 2005 pick for him.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X