X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bearcat's Bills Draft Rumor for 4/15

I must say if the Bills pulled off a ballsy move like this one I'd be pretty impressed.

After spending the majority of my morning awaking at 4:00 a.m. speaking with scouts for at least 20 NFL teams we finally feel we have a handle on the majority of the draft. This is not to say some team will throw a loop by making a trade. It appears that most teams have the there top 5 most wanted players in round #1 listed. I will list what trades appear to have the best chance of occurring. For record Buffalo will trade for Roethlisberger, this was confirmed by Sam Wyche this morning. Additionally, it appears that any trades involving the Giants, Redskins, or Raiders have been eliminated. It appears that San Diego through its own ignorance is stuck with the 1st overall pick. We also have excluded Clarrett and Williams as we feel the NFL will win the case
    also...
    #9 Jaguars to Buffalo - Ben Roethlisberger - With both defensive ends gone and two of there top three receivers remaining Jacksonville feels a trade down is appropriate. Malarky and Wyche are in awe of Roethlisberger and feel he's the best quarterback in the draft. They make the trade knowing that most holes are filled with the exception of a solid backup quarterback for 2004. They will groom Ben to be the starter in 2005 which is exactly why they brought Sam in as quarterbacks coach. Personally I agree with there assesment of Roethlisberger and I feel he will be the best of this draft class.
    Though I still wonder about the trade details. I would love to see the Bills trade up to get Big Ben. Stuff like this gets me really pumped up for the draft.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

I would love it. The question is, what would we give up?

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i swear, if they give anything on the first day of this draft, i will be disappointed.. great qb or not.. qbs are such a crap shoot.. since 1984 only 17% of the qbs drafted in the first round have turned out to be worth it..

i would be totally ok with giving up our 1st this year and 2nd next year..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i swear, if they give anything on the first day of this draft, i will be disappointed.. great qb or not.. qbs are such a crap shoot.. since 1984 only 17% of the qbs drafted in the first round have turned out to be worth it..

I'd like to see what the number is for ALL first round picks, not just QBs who pass/fail.

I'd also like to know if failure rates on high picks have anything to do with the club selecting them. I'll bet Arizona and Cincy blew a lot of high picks each year, while teams like San Francisco and Green Bay seem to make the most of their selections over the long haul.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          I'd like to see what the number is for ALL first round picks, not just QBs who pass/fail.

no.

:snicker2:
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

If we give up a second next year I'd be happy. It'd be tough to part with this year's number 1 AND 2...

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Big Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                If we give up a second next year I'd be happy. It'd be tough to part with this year's number 1 AND 2...
                I agree. I'm worried that it's this year's #1 and next year's #1. :

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Wait a second, I thought the Bills were in love with Rivers? That's what a lot of you have been telling me.

The only thing I can think of that would be anything close is in 2001, Seattle traded #7 and their 6th round pick to the 49ers for #9, 3rd, and a 7th..
                  Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 04-15-2004, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

I would reserve judgement to see what pick on the first day we give up.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

"Big Ben"

Look at that throw!

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                        • Jun 2003

smells like BS to me, but you never know.
                        www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Giants better ****ing take Gallery then!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Could this be why we still have quite a bit of room under the salary cap?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                              • Apr 2003

if theyre so sure about williams not getting in the draft...then that means a team like the raiders or cardinals are all the more likey to draft roethlesburger
                              the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                              X