PDA

View Full Version : Is this draft as deep as we are being told?

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Is this years draft really that deep? It seems like we are getting a little overhyped here.

Yes WR are very, very deep, but after that I don't see to many positions that are that deep.

QB-3 studs and a couple prospects
rb-2 solid backs and a few others with talent
te- they say this may be the weakest TE draft ever
de-2 solid ends
dt-2 or 3 solid dts
cb-no studs really
safety-one stud and a couple prospects

That is a reason why I wouldn't mind giving up say a 3rd to move up and get rothesburger.

Gonk
04-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Chris Gamble and DeAngelo Hall are studs.

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 06:07 PM
O-line is the weakest position in this draft.

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Gonk
Chris Gamble and DeAngelo Hall are studs.

They are?

I have seen Gamble rated as the 3rd cb on a couple draft boards.

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
O-line is the weakest position in this draft.

Besides TE you may be right!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Besides TE you may be right!

TE isn't that weak.

I see 3 1st round talents at TE in Winslow, Troupe, and Watson.

mypoorfriendme
04-15-2004, 06:53 PM
a "deep" draft doesnt mean it has a ton of guys worthy of picking in the first round, it means that in the second third and fourth roudns, youll be able to find plenty of talent.

depth isnt measured in the top halfof the draft, its measured in the bottom half

TigerJ
04-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Dunta Robinson has moved ahead of Gamble on a lot of boards. There are never drafts that are super deep across the board. All of them have strengths and weaknesses. Obviously the strength of the 2004 draft is WR. I think the draft is pretty deep at DT too. Few studs, but a lot of guys who might develop in the NFL. Igor Olshansky anyone?

SoCalBillsFan
04-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Gamble isn that good, he gets hype because he played both ways.

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Dunta Robinson has moved ahead of Gamble on a lot of boards. There are never drafts that are super deep across the board. All of them have strengths and weaknesses. Obviously the strength of the 2004 draft is WR. I think the draft is pretty deep at DT too. Few studs, but a lot of guys who might develop in the NFL. Igor Olshansky anyone?

Igor could be good or he could be Leif Larsen.:puke:

B-DON
04-16-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
a "deep" draft doesnt mean it has a ton of guys worthy of picking in the first round, it means that in the second third and fourth roudns, youll be able to find plenty of talent.

depth isnt measured in the top halfof the draft, its measured in the bottom half

Obviously if there are alot of people that could be chosen in the first round forcing players to fall back to later rounds meaning this is a DEEP draft