PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this?!

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Dolphins | NFL Grants Request For 2004 Schedule - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:02:48 -0700

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have scheduled road trips at the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers in back-to-back weeks on the 2004 regular season schedule. The Dolphins requested the NFL to schedule the road games in consecutive weeks so the team could stay on the West Coast the week between games and prepare without having to deal with multiple cross-country flights. The NFL granted Miami's request, so the Dolphins will play at Seattle on Nov. 21, then travel to San Francisco for a Nov. 28, game.

SabreEleven
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Crock of **** :madfire:

Michael82
04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
This is a bunch of bull****! That's the whole point of away games. You travel to the city for the game and travel back. What a crock of ****! :mad:

First the Dolphins get out NO cold December games, then they get a nice bye week in the middle of the season, and now this....Damn it! The NFL is trying to help those "darling" Dolphins win this year. :madcurse:

mightyspaz
04-15-2004, 08:21 PM
I hope they choke on both games because they all go get hammered in San Fransico and get followed back to the hotel by a gang of Gay men.
That'll teach them to cheat.
A little justice prison style!
:gobills:

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Whatever, who cares, it's the dolphins: A team with AJ Feeley and possibly the worst O-line in the league.

They could play The Cards 8 times, the 9ers 8 times, and still miss the playoffs.

The weather doesn't matter in December. For the felons, December is December.

Samphin1
04-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh, hold on a minute. The Dolphins have, over the past two years, twice been hampered with three games within thirteen days or osmething like that schedule. One year it was to San Fran, home, and then across the country again. We constantly have to play in the snow to accomodate the stupid baseball team that shares our stadium ( go Dodgers, by the way ) and on top of that, we have had "cold weather" games in Buffalo, New York, and New England, in December for about a 100 years up until this season. I don't think anyone can fairly say the NFL is looking out for Miami.

Wannstedt merely requested to have the games back to back, the league didn't have to oblige. The fact that they did schedule them that way doesn't mean they did it for Wanny's reasons.

What, are you mad your front office didn't think of that as a strategy? So the team has to spend Thanksgiving week away from their families to avoid being fatigued for game day. Sounds like a fair trade off to me ( in a football sense anyway ). I don't see this as anything more than Miami thrown a bone for years of terrible scheduling on behalf of the league. By the way, if our bone is that of the NFL scheduling two away games in a row on the west coast, we must be desperate for any type of bone. :lol:

Besdies, Baltimore and Denver should be cold in December, so there.

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Uhhhhhhhhh, hold on a minute. The Dolphins have, over the past two years, twice been hampered with three games within thirteen days or osmething like that schedule. One year it was to San Fran, home, and then across the country again. We constantly have to play in the snow to accomodate the stupid baseball team that shares our stadium ( go Dodgers, by the way ) and on top of that, we have had "cold weather" games in Buffalo, New York, and New England, in December for about a 100 years up until this season. I don't think anyone can fairly say the NFL is looking out for Miami.

Wannstedt merely requested to have the games back to back, the league didn't have to oblige. The fact that they did schedule them that way doesn't mean they did it for Wanny's reasons.

What, are you mad your front office didn't think of that as a strategy? So the team has to spend Thanksgiving week away from their families to avoid being fatigued for game day. Sounds like a fair trade off to me ( in a football sense anyway ). I don't see this as anything more than Miami thrown a bone for years of terrible scheduling on behalf of the league. By the way, if our bone is that of the NFL scheduling two away games in a row on the west coast, we must be desperate for any type of bone. :lol:

:nerd:

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 08:33 PM
It's called being pansies.

mightyspaz
04-15-2004, 08:35 PM
I still like the gang rape by gay men ... It seems fair.

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz

Dressing in those orange and teal sissy suits is punishment enough.

The Natrix
04-15-2004, 08:40 PM

Samphin resides in the S.F. Bay Area.

Look out Phins!!!!!!!

mightyspaz
04-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Dressing in those orange and teal sissy suits is punishment enough. :lol:

Yeah and they play cleveland after they go to san fran. So maybe if word gets out Garcia will make a move in the locker roombefore that game too.

Michael82
04-15-2004, 08:42 PM

:boring: :z:

BillsFever
04-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Is that all people do is complain? Everything is a conspiracy.

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

Did they or did they not get special treatment?

Samphin1
04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Did they or did they not get special treatment?

Like I said, if that is special treatment, I hate to see what being on the bad side of special treatment is. I think you guys ar ejust mad that you didn't think to request certain things in your schedule. :moon: Honestly, I don't think it is that big of a deal, especially when you weigh it up against what we have had the past few seasons.

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 09:03 PM

Like I said, if that is special treatment, I hate to see what being on the bad side of special treatment is. I think you guys ar ejust mad that you didn't think to request certain things in your schedule. :moon: Honestly, I don't think it is that big of a deal, especially when you weigh it up against what we have had the past few seasons.

Why should they be able to request a different schedule? Take what your given and shut the **** up.

mightyspaz
04-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Why should they be able to request a different schedule? Take what your given and shut the **** up.

Well Said! ... Whose complaining? ... The bills didn't complain about they're schedule so they get the ***** end of the stick. But the dolphins whined about it and got their way.

We'll take our damn schedule and still beat the crap out of the dolphins!
:punk:

HAMMER
04-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

No Kidding! Wah, wah, wah. It's football people, quit whining about schedules.

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 02:39 AM

Well Said! ... Whose complaining? ... The bills didn't complain about they're schedule so they get the ***** end of the stick. But the dolphins whined about it and got their way.

We'll take our damn schedule and still beat the crap out of the dolphins!
:punk:

Like how you beat the crap out of us last year right? I don't remember them whining so much. In fact, I didn't hear them complain either. What I read was that the phins put in a request and the NFL obliged. If you are going ot be mad at anyone be mad at the NFL, not the phins, aferall, they didn't have to grant us our request. Again, I will repeat, this is nothing more than a minor detail, it isn't like we requested all home games and they gave it to us, we actually requested to stay out on the road for two weeks, during a national holiday, on the opposite side of the country. I don't see how this is really an unfair advantage, do you? It isn't like we got a schedule, didn't like it and demand they fix it.

I think it is a case of Bills fans looking for any excuse to rag on the Dolphins, even for something as petty as this. Don't worry you are not alone, we take any chance we get to rag on the Bills too. :peacesign

B-DON
04-16-2004, 03:16 AM
this is the weakest move in football for a long time. And i thought the nba had the biggest crybabies, this is definitely bush league

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
this is the weakest move in football for a long time. And i thought the nba had the biggest crybabies, this is definitely bush league

Could be just me, but it seems the only crying going on is right here in this thread. Of course, if the situation had been reversed and the Bills had requested something that ultimiately was granted to them, I am sure then it wouldn't be the league folding or the Bills whining would it? Oh well, I guess some people just need a reason to complain. I wonder, if the Dolphins sweep the Bills again this season, if this will be the reason sited. "Sure, they swept us, but it is because the requested back to back weeks on the road and stayed on the west coast the whole time! CHEATERS" :lol::spanku:

B-DON
04-16-2004, 04:11 AM
so does that still change the fact it was bush league? I dont care if they requested all their games, they still have to play. The fact is that this should be unallowed. What are they gonna do when every team asks for a "favor"? They cant accomodate every team

'

Captain gameboy
04-16-2004, 04:49 AM
I think it is a conspiracy to screw my company out of one Miami to the weat coast charter.
Cheap Dolphins, though their hotel and expense bills will amount to much more.

TedMock
04-16-2004, 09:06 AM
It was a bush league move but it's really not a big deal. It's not going to turn their season either way, or ours. Let's just worry about us.

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Considering that Miami has the hardest strength of schedule statistically, I think it even weakens the point that this is a hair short of criminal injustice to you guys. Baltimore, to my understanding, doesn't leave the eastern time zone once, all season. Why not start a meaningless thread about that being unfair?

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Considering that Miami has the hardest strength of schedule statistically, I think it even weakens the point that this is a hair short of criminal injustice to you guys. Baltimore, to my understanding, doesn't leave the eastern time zone once, all season. Why not start a meaningless thread about that being unfair?

Because we play you every year and are in the same division.

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 02:38 PM

Because we play you every year and are in the same division.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I didn't realize! :lol: But really, if you want to talk about injustices, you might as well find one worth getting riled up about as this clearly isn't one. Have a beer and calm down now all you Bills fans. First one on me, :beer:

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Well hey you asked and I will gladly have a beer.:up:

TedMock
04-16-2004, 02:45 PM
same here. If you're buying, I'm drinking.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
So they :baby: about the schedule and the NFL pitied them. Oh well. Does it really even matter?

We're acting like a bunch of :baby: ourselves here.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
So they :baby: about the schedule and the NFL pitied them. Oh well. Does it really even matter?

We're acting like a bunch of :baby: ourselves here.

I'm not whining I'm stating there babies.:up:

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 02:56 PM

I'm not whining I'm stating there babies.:up:

AS an outsider loking in with an UNBIASED opinion... clearly, you were whining. In fact, you were an Oscar Meyer Whiner! :brace:

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 02:57 PM

AS an outsider loking in with an UNBIASED opinion... clearly, you were whining. In fact, you were an Oscar Meyer Whiner! :brace:

Unbiased surrrrrreeeeeeeeeee!:up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2004, 02:59 PM
A whiner calling another a whiner.

It's like Feeley telling Fiedler that he sucks. :rofl:

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 03:02 PM

Or everyone telling Bledsoe the same thing. :lol:

By the way, Fiedler may suck, but he sure forgets that while playing you guys.:redgun:

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 03:03 PM

I wasn't whining stating facts!:up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2004, 03:07 PM
By the way, Fiedler may suck, but he sure forgets that while playing you guys.:redgun:
Weak :down:

Samphin1
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Not any weaker than yours now is it?