• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

What is up with this?!

Dolphins | NFL Grants Request For 2004 Schedule - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:02:48 -0700

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins have scheduled road trips at the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers in back-to-back weeks on the 2004 regular season schedule. The Dolphins requested the NFL to schedule the road games in consecutive weeks so the team could stay on the West Coast the week between games and prepare without having to deal with multiple cross-country flights. The NFL granted Miami's request, so the Dolphins will play at Seattle on Nov. 21, then travel to San Francisco for a Nov. 28, game.
  • Sabre11
    • Aug 2002

Crock of **** :madfire:

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

This is a bunch of bull****! That's the whole point of away games. You travel to the city for the game and travel back. What a crock of ****!

First the Dolphins get out NO cold December games, then they get a nice bye week in the middle of the season, and now this....Damn it! The NFL is trying to help those "darling" Dolphins win this year.

Comment

• mightyspaz
        Short, Furry and Cold
        • Mar 2004

I hope they choke on both games because they all go get hammered in San Fransico and get followed back to the hotel by a gang of Gay men.
        That'll teach them to cheat.
        A little justice prison style!
        ThE MiGhTy SpAz
        - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Whatever, who cares, it's the dolphins: A team with AJ Feeley and possibly the worst O-line in the league.

They could play The Cards 8 times, the 9ers 8 times, and still miss the playoffs.

The weather doesn't matter in December. For the felons, December is December.

Byrd.

Comment

• Samphin1
            • Mar 2004

Uhhhhhhhhh, hold on a minute. The Dolphins have, over the past two years, twice been hampered with three games within thirteen days or osmething like that schedule. One year it was to San Fran, home, and then across the country again. We constantly have to play in the snow to accomodate the stupid baseball team that shares our stadium ( go Dodgers, by the way ) and on top of that, we have had "cold weather" games in Buffalo, New York, and New England, in December for about a 100 years up until this season. I don't think anyone can fairly say the NFL is looking out for Miami.

Wannstedt merely requested to have the games back to back, the league didn't have to oblige. The fact that they did schedule them that way doesn't mean they did it for Wanny's reasons.

What, are you mad your front office didn't think of that as a strategy? So the team has to spend Thanksgiving week away from their families to avoid being fatigued for game day. Sounds like a fair trade off to me ( in a football sense anyway ). I don't see this as anything more than Miami thrown a bone for years of terrible scheduling on behalf of the league. By the way, if our bone is that of the NFL scheduling two away games in a row on the west coast, we must be desperate for any type of bone.

Besdies, Baltimore and Denver should be cold in December, so there.

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1
              Uhhhhhhhhh, hold on a minute. The Dolphins have, over the past two years, twice been hampered with three games within thirteen days or osmething like that schedule. One year it was to San Fran, home, and then across the country again. We constantly have to play in the snow to accomodate the stupid baseball team that shares our stadium ( go Dodgers, by the way ) and on top of that, we have had "cold weather" games in Buffalo, New York, and New England, in December for about a 100 years up until this season. I don't think anyone can fairly say the NFL is looking out for Miami.

Wannstedt merely requested to have the games back to back, the league didn't have to oblige. The fact that they did schedule them that way doesn't mean they did it for Wanny's reasons.

What, are you mad your front office didn't think of that as a strategy? So the team has to spend Thanksgiving week away from their families to avoid being fatigued for game day. Sounds like a fair trade off to me ( in a football sense anyway ). I don't see this as anything more than Miami thrown a bone for years of terrible scheduling on behalf of the league. By the way, if our bone is that of the NFL scheduling two away games in a row on the west coast, we must be desperate for any type of bone.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

It's called being pansies.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                  Short, Furry and Cold
                  • Mar 2004

I still like the gang rape by gay men ... It seems fair.
                  ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                  - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mightyspaz

Dressing in those orange and teal sissy suits is punishment enough.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mightyspaz

Samphin resides in the S.F. Bay Area.

Look out Phins!!!!!!!

Byrd.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                        Short, Furry and Cold
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
                        Dressing in those orange and teal sissy suits is punishment enough.

Yeah and they play cleveland after they go to san fran. So maybe if word gets out Garcia will make a move in the locker roombefore that game too.
                        ThE MiGhTy SpAz

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1

Comment

• BillsFever
                            Mr. Predictament
                            • Feb 2003

Is that all people do is complain? Everything is a conspiracy.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever
                              Is that all people do is complain? Everything is a conspiracy.
                              Did they or did they not get special treatment?

Comment

Working...
                              X