PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald obviously at top of Arizona's wish list

The Spaz
04-15-2004, 10:41 PM
New Arizona coach Dennis Green isn't saying who tops his wish list for next week's NFL draft. Still, it doesn't take a genius to figure out wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is the guy.

Green said Thursday the Cardinals will take the best athlete available with their No. 3 overall pick.

And what does Green think of Fitzgerald?

``I think he's the No. 1 player coming out of college football,'' Green said.

Green has a long relationship with Fitzgerald and his family. Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikings when Green was their coach.

The big question is whether Fitzgerald will be gone before the Cardinals make their pick on April 24.

``There's been a lot said about my relationship with Larry Fitzgerald, and there's a very strong bond,'' Green said. ``But also I've got 30 years in coaching, I've got 18 years in the National Football League, and I respect the system.''

Green and Rod Graves, the team's vice president for football operations, said there would be no attempt to move up to No. 1 or No. 2, so the only way Arizona will land Fitzgerald is if he's there at No. 3.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cardinalsdraft&prov=ap&type=lgns

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 10:37 AM
boldin and fitsgerald... now that's scary, if i was them i'd draft a qb too in round 2

ryjam282
04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Boldin and Fitz could definitely be a force in the very near future. But so could Moulds and Josh Reed or even Lee Evans :D

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 11:16 AM
i rather have boldin and fitz then moulds and reed. just being honest

casdhf
04-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Didn't the Cards take a WR in the 1st round last season too? That's alot of high picks for one team. I smell smoke screen.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 11:28 AM
They're surrounding McCown with weapons hoping that helps him.

TigerJ
04-16-2004, 05:24 PM
I think quite a few people expect Oakland to pick Fitzgerald at #2, so Dennis Green's love affair with Fitzgerald may all be for naught.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I think quite a few people expect Oakland to pick Fitzgerald at #2, so Dennis Green's love affair with Fitzgerald may all be for naught.

I see the Raiders taking Gallery.

Nighthawk
04-17-2004, 12:51 PM
The Cards taking Fitz makes no sense! Why would you draft another WR when you have Boldin and Johnson (their 2003 1st rounder) in the fold? They need a QB and should grab one at that spot. This is why the Cards are perennial losers.

Canadian'eh!
04-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Green doesn't think you need a star QB.

and for the record... Fitz is at the top of my wishlist too....

Stewie
04-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
The Cards taking Fitz makes no sense! Why would you draft another WR when you have Boldin and Johnson (their 2003 1st rounder) in the fold? They need a QB and should grab one at that spot. This is why the Cards are perennial losers.

I agree. I think Dennis Green is gushing over him because he knows the kid personally and wants him to go as high as possible.

If Fitzgerald drops to Arizona, I'd see them trading down to some team who really wants the kid.

The_Philster
04-18-2004, 05:51 AM
Everything I've seen has Green pretty happy about Josh McCown..saying he's their next Jake Plummer so if they surround him with talent, he should be fine. Don't see why they'd take a QB with the 1st pick if they have other needs.