PDA

View Full Version : Jones Enters 20th Season With New Title

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Entering his 20th season with the Bills, long-time strength and conditioning coordinator Rusty Jones received a promotion this offseason and now holds the title of director of physical development and assistant to the head coach. The new position gives Jones a title that recognizes many of the things he has been doing for years.

"I am still doing the things that I have always done, but now I have the assistant to the head coach title," said Jones. "There is so much paperwork in the offseason to get the group in here and keep things organized. I do flight schedules, help figure out what days we will have off, the payroll, and I also do the addendums to the contracts that are necessary. If the offseason paperwork is not kept organized it becomes chaotic. My duties may very well carry into the season with things like itineraries."

Don't be fooled though, the other part of Rusty's new title allows him to work closely with the players conditioning and development. He still holds a major hands-on role in the day-to-day activity of the players, but his promotion has allowed the Bills to add new strength and conditioning coordinator, Brad Roll, whose training philosophy has meshed well with Jones' thus far.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=240394