PDA

View Full Version : Underclassmen pump up talent level on defensive line

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 09:20 AM
This is the sixth of eight stories previewing the NFL draft. Today's installment features defensive linemen.
The last three NFL drafts have been the best ever for defensive linemen. A record 11 went in the first round last year, topping the eight selections in each of the previous two years.
In terms of first-round talent, this year's crop may not be as plentiful. But thanks to the addition of several underclassmen, the position looks strong again.

"This is a good group," said legendary NFL talent scout Gil Brandt. "Is it as deep as last year or the two years before that? No. But I see five, maybe six going in the first round. I see some good value picks in later rounds, too."

Oklahoma defensive tackle Tommie Harris, Southern California defensive end Kenechi Udeze (pronounced ken-NEE-chi OO-dez-EE) and Miami defensive tackle Vince Wilfork are sure first-rounders among the junior class. Defensive tackle Randy Starks of Maryland might join them at the end of Round One.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040416/1045203.asp

ryjam282
04-16-2004, 09:34 AM
kEEP EM COMING Spaz, nice job.

justasportsfan
04-16-2004, 09:50 AM
I would love to get a DL stud in the first as well. The draft for offensive players is deep. This could be the year Kelsay takes over Denny and another DE will makes things easier for us should Shoebel decide to pull a Winfield on us next year.

Although our D was no.2 last year it wasn't a dominating D. I could still see our D getting better. Sam Adams hopefully will be better after a year under his belt and Pat too will need a new contract soon which means he will have to be a beast to get a contract he wants from any team.

I hope Gray is the real thing w/o Lebeau's help.