PDA

View Full Version : Evans and the bills a good fit

Bmax
04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
I have only been on the lee evans bandwagon since oct..

It's great to see that he visited the bills recently ...evans at 5-10 and 195 with 4.39 speed would give the bills the deep threat to free up moulds... Now is he worthy of a 13 th pick.. ? If rothesberger, smith, rivers and m. williams are gone... i wouldn't mind the bills selecting the speedy wr ..a trade down to draft evans would be better... he might be available at picks 16-20...

He is one the faster rising players on many boards .. Most nfl teams see him as one of few spped wr available in rd 1...

Evans has fully recovered from 2002 knee surgery and played the entire 2003 season. He has exceptional hands and runs good routes.. While i would love the bills to take these players in this order

1. rothesberger
2. will smith
3.mike williams

evans would not be a bad option if all the others are gone....

bmax

BigZ
04-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I would rather have a taller guy - one who can do to the DB's what the tall receivers have done to ours for years - leap over them and come down with a jump ball.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 04:34 PM
I've already said this multiple times but here goes again, in a trade down in the 1st or a trade up in the 2nd I would grab him.

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 05:07 PM
i hatw will smith... the actor & the player if we're talkin DE Its All About The UDEZE

smack541
04-16-2004, 07:03 PM
I love Evans I think he would be a great pick up for the Bills. I think he is a typical type Bills player. He has got great speed and showed good determination from coming back from his knee injury. Buffalo also has been willing to give the shorter guys a shot. Not always passing on talent cuz they don’t fit the pro-typical NFL size. Take Evans in a trade down in the first or if he is still available in the 2nd.

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
if we trade down... its gotta be losman

mypoorfriendme
04-17-2004, 12:42 AM
i think if TD is sold on evans, he wouldnt hesitate to get him at 13. if theyre not that high on him, i dont think theyll trade down to the spot where they invision evans to go. i think TD is going to sit there at the 13 spot, take a look at whos available and if he doesnt think theyre great values, then hell trade down a few spots and then see if there are any good values......and it goes on like this.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
I was watching some sports show(I think it was ESPNews) Mike Willams was being interviewed by Micheal Irvin.. Irvin asked Mike what team he would like to play for and Mike said Oakland..

Id like Buffalo to pick up a taller WR..Also wouldnt mind if Buffalo got Evans, then get Johnnie Morrant from Syracuse in a later round probably 4th..

Jan Reimers
04-17-2004, 06:25 AM
I like Evans better than Mike or Reggie Williams. More speed, which is what we should be looking for. I like Jenkins and Henderson for the same reason.

There are lots of WRs in this draft, but not a lot of burners.

mykiljonz
04-18-2004, 01:57 AM
I like Evans, but way too short to be at #13. DB's keep getting taller also and anyone under 6 ft just does not have the advantage they did 10 years ago or so.

I had been hoping for him in the second round, but he will not last that long. Low first.

mypoorfriendme
04-18-2004, 04:04 AM
with our first two picks, where ever those picks land, i hope to use one of them and get one of the following recievers in this order...roy williams, mike williams, reggie williams, lee evans, rashaun woods, michael jenkins, devery henderson.