PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers of all sleepers & Sean Taylor

jwright
04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Jason Geathers - WR / Miami Projected 7th Round/Free Agent

6'3 225 4.49 Speed

This guy has skills but Miami never developed him because they kept switching him between RB and WR which killed his development at either position. At times can get a bad case of the dropsies and has trouble picking up the playbook but the potential is there. Can take it to the house on any play. The game he started at RB he rushed for 299 yards and then the next week caught a couple TD's against Fla St.

How come no team talks about drafting Sean Taylor and moving him to linebacker? Could you imagine? He is already 6'3 230. Add about 20 lbs and all of the sudden he is one of the fastest in the league.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Sean Taylor is a safety plain and simple and makes plays from that spot it would be dumb to move him. I've got geathers listed at 6'2 205 Lbs.

PS: Welcome to the Zone.:beers:

ryjam282
04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Geathers is nothing special. I have seen him play in quite a few ball games. He is decent at both RB and WR, lacks the ability to break a tackle though. He is pretty fast and would probably rush for 1700 behind Denvers line, but who wouldn't :D Seriously though, I would take a chance on him as a free agent, he may develop but UM did kinda throw him around too much.

Also, no way Taylor moves to Safety....He is possibly the best safety in the NCAA and could be one of the best in the NFL in a few years.....

Imagine moving Takeo to safety, he could murder people.. :lolhit:

ShadowHawk7
04-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Speaking of 7th to free agent sleepers, how bout Drew Carter? This guy was good and was a Randy Moss mold of reciever (as in body type), before he got a devastating injury.

jwright
04-16-2004, 02:16 PM
It is much easier to get a good safety than a good Linebacker. Thats why I would bulk him up and move him to MLB. He needs to work on his tackling though.

STAMPY
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Sean Taylor? work on his tackling:scratch: :hitself:

jwright
04-16-2004, 10:56 PM
I watch every game he has played. Sean Taylor makes big plays no doubt but he is not a pure tackler. Greg Jones trucked him on numerous plays during that matchup. Everyone has negatives and tackling is his.

Dozerdog
04-16-2004, 11:32 PM
You want to make the next Ronnie Lott into the next John Holecek ?

jwright
04-16-2004, 11:45 PM
First of all he is not the next Ronnie Lott. He is an amazing talent but that front seven he had in front of him constantly had pressue on the QB resulting in picks for ST. I'm simply saying it is easier to get a safety than a LB. Look at the salaries and tell me I'm wrong.

Fat Tony
04-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Sean Taylor is arguably the best defensive player in the draft. You don't change his position unless you think he will be the best defensive player in the draft as a linebacker.

It doesn't make sense. Switch him to MLB and he's not even a starter at Miami! He'd be playing behind Vilma!

You can't equate Sean Taylor and his impact by comparing salaries between positions. All that tells you that the 64 starting safeties as a whole in the NFL are less talented than other positions.

TigerJ
04-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Drew Carter is one of several intriguing guys who could be obtained late in the draft. I have to wonder though why the Bills would draft/sign him if they didn't want to try and sign Bannister. Bannister is raw, but so is Carter. Both are tall and have blazing speed. Bannister at least is healthy. Carter is probably going to be a non-factor in 2004 because he needs time to rehab from a major knee injury.

mypoorfriendme
04-17-2004, 01:34 PM
if its one thing we learned from last years draft though, its that TD and co. do not have a problem with drafting a kid with an injury as serious as his potential

ShadowHawk7
04-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Also, he's gonna be a 7th rounder at best, so it'd be almost no risk for his potential.

Canadian'eh!
04-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Taylor is a FS and is going to be an all-time one at that. moving him makes no sense with his coverage skills.

TigerJ
04-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Just a heads up on some other "deep sleepers" in the draft/rookie free agency:

Tom Crowder-Arkansas 6'1" 203 4.41 40 Mostly a special teamer but has played some WR a former walk on and a rarity for the Razorbacks he's smart having earned his degree already.

Jeris McIntyre-Auburn 5'11" 203 4.35 40 Good hands, good blocker, good route runner. Considered very reliable. A gunner on special teams. Downside: he's not as tall as you'd like and played for a team not known for great offence.

I'm very much intrigued by McIntyre if Buffalo doesn't get a WR in the first couple rounds.