PDA

View Full Version : Billszone Draft Survey: Shallow Draft Fun Inside!

baalworship
04-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Ok, I know that we have analyzed who the Bills should pick based upon team needs and player development speculation ad nauseum. I know that last year I wanted Rashean Mathis in the 1st and Tyrone Calico in the 2nd but let's try something different. Fill in the pick you want based upon the criteria:

1.Player That Would Make The Most Impact in 2004:

Kellen Winslow- Even though I can't wait till Bledsoe is shipped out, Bledsoe WOULD benefit big time from a big time tight end. Winslow would not only give our skittish QB a safety valve, he would also open up things more for our receivers. I expect Winlsow to be at least as good as Shockey was in his rookie year.

2.Player That I Don't Want The Bills To Pick On Defense But Who Help Keep Our D Near The Top in the next 4 years:

Vince Wilfork- While I don't want the Bills to pick him, Wilfork will be a pro-bowl DT. With both starting DT's getting up there in age and Pat Williams near FA this would be a smart, unsexy pick.

3.Boom Or Bust:

Roy Williams- I saw this guy make one of the greatest plays EVER in college football as he accelerated by the opposing defenders like they were standing still. Most talented WR in this draft in terms of measurables. But lingering hamstring problems in college could spell disaster for a team that is slobbering now.

4.What Will Make You Most Mad On Draft Day: For me, there are 4 top tier QB prospects. If the Bills don't make a serious move to land a top tier QB prospect I will be very upset on draft day. Bledsoe will be gone after this year and the time to bring in a young QB to groom for 2005 on is NOW! If the Bills don't take a top 4 QB prospect it's going to take a LOT of Tom Donahoe praise to turn me around. As good as the Patriots are, they would be nothing without Brady. It's time we bring in our QB.

Feel free to post your prospects in this thread with a short sentence or 2.

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 12:50 PM
1. player that would make the most impact - sean taylor
he would start from day one and will be better than roy williams or ed reed. he is gonna be sick

2. player that i dont want the bills to draft - deangelo hall
i have not missed a vtech game in years. this guy is not nearly as good man to man as he is made out to be. he is not going to be worth his draft position. he will be a great returner though.

3. boom or bust - everyone, but specificaly.. shawn andrews
he reminds me of aaron gibson. i could see him getting alot of money and stuffing his face, ending up being a bigger tub of lard and being a bust.. but if he could keep his act together, he could be on of the most dominant tackles OR guards in the league.

4. what will make me the most mad on draft day - if we go wr first and the top 4 qbs are all gone before our first pick in the second round. that would be crushing

ryjam282
04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
1. player that would make the most impact - Sean Taylor. I have watched this kid for a few years now at UM, I have to say, he is one of the best safeties I have seen. He really makes big plays when needed and seems to always be in the right place at the right time...Instant upgrade no matter what team he goes to.

2. player that i dont want the bills to draft - Mike Williams. I can't see us going for a WR in the first round, especially one that runs a 4.6 in the 40. He won't make any impact for us for at least 3 years.

3. boom or bust - Any QB that the Bills take. Or any of the Bills 1st round picks. That person will be scrutinized to the furthest extent by everyone on this board. If I had to pick one guy, I would go with Vince Wilfork. I know the guy is an absolute stud but he only started for one year at Miami (THE U) and had a great year but I think his size won't be as much as an advantage in the pros like it was in college. But he has the potential to be UNREAL.

4. what will make me the most mad on draft day - Seriously, if we draft a WR in the first I will scream. Even if it was Roy Williams...Well maybe not if it was him :D But we don't need a WR and I know TD knows this and won't do anything stupid.

TypicalBill
04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
1.Player That Would Make The Most Impact in 2004: SEAN TAYLOR Even though i've seen big RBs run over him from time to time, i think his coverage and speed is what would help us at FS which is something we've lacked in recent years. We have the run stoppers (Milloy, Wire ...) .

2.Player that i dont want the bills to draft: WILL SMITH His power gave him an edge at the college level, that wont bail him out in the NFL. I just dont see him getting around NFL OTs. He's gonna be average IMO, besides, we need a pure pass rusher next to our run stopping DT's.

3.Boom or Bust: QBs in general......just like ryjam said, QBs are very unpredictable. No matter how good they are/were at college, you just never know how that will translate onto the next level. Hopefully we pick the right guy.

4.What will make me the most mad on draft day If we draft a corner at 13!..... I dont see any corner in the draft worth a top 13 pick! i dont care if we have to replace Troy down the road, we just cant pick one at 13. Trade down and pick one around 20-22 if you have to but not at 13.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-16-2004, 01:37 PM
1. player that would make the most impact - DeAngelo Hall. He is a great return guy. Udeze - take some attention off Schobel.

2. player that I dont want the bills to draft - Kellen Winslow, JR

3. boom or bust - Phillip Rivers

4. what will make me the most mad on draft day - A. It already has happened, I won't be able to watch it!!!
B. If I am wrong and Tatonka is right. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
B. If I am wrong and Tatonka is right. :snicker:

well, that is guarenteed.

DraftBoy
04-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Most Impact-Sean Taylor
Player I dont want-Any player other than QB, OL, or DL
Boom or Bust-Eli Manning
Thing that will piss me off-If we take Matt Schaub