PDA

View Full Version : Elite receiver class overshadows speedy Evans

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Through absolutely no fault of his own, Wisconsin's Lee Evans has become almost a footnote among the flood of towering, talented wide receivers about to enter the National Football League.

If this were a typical year, Evans' credentials would merit strong consideration as the No. 1 wide receiver in the draft. But because it's an all-time year, Evans might not even make the first round.

"There's nothing wrong with Lee Evans," Buffalo Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak said. "I like Lee Evans a lot. The kid can catch and run."

Modrak, a scout since 1973, was asked to consider the first wide receiver selected in the last 10 drafts and compare them to Evans. In chronological order, the list included Charles Johnson (17th overall pick), Michael Westbrook (4), Keyshawn Johnson (1), Ike Hilliard (7), Kevin Dyson (16), Torry Holt (6), Peter Warrick (4), David Terrell (8), Donte' Stallworth (13) and Charles Rogers (2).

According to Modrak, he'd take Evans over five, he'd take four of the top picks over Evans and one was too close for him to call.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/8450709.htm?1c

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 09:17 PM
cant read the rest of the article.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
cant read the rest of the article.

Why?

Tatonka
04-16-2004, 09:21 PM
says i have to register.

The Spaz
04-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
says i have to register.

Weird I never registered I had it sent to me through google.