PDA

View Full Version : Bills talking trade with Falcons

The Spaz
04-17-2004, 10:04 AM
An interesting trade possibility exists between the Falcons (No. 8 overall) and Bills (No. 13). Considering the depth of the wide receiver class, the Falcons can trade down and still get an elite receiver. The Bills need to move ahead of Pittsburgh (No. 11) to get Rivers, the NC State quarterback. . . .

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=11995

McBFLO
04-17-2004, 10:35 AM
I hope this is true, but it probably isn't

DraftBoy
04-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Falcons and Bills are common trading partners, and both teams may be looking for the same thing. I like the idea.

ShadowHawk7
04-17-2004, 11:48 AM
I'd only trade up w/ the falcons, if we got Roy, or Taylor, or Big Ben.

nolimit
04-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

I agree , I would not trade up for Rivers. I would for Ben.

RedEyE
04-17-2004, 11:56 AM
It would be nice to screw over the Falcons again. :snicker:

BAM
04-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Peerless who?

Tatonka
04-17-2004, 12:18 PM
i would not give up a pick in this years draft.. period.

Mr. Cynical
04-17-2004, 01:00 PM
I have a weird hunch that if this happens, this will be part one of a two part trade. Meaning, if the Henry trade is still lingering, TD would now have an 8 and TH to try and get into the top 5. Stranger things have happened.

mypoorfriendme
04-17-2004, 01:15 PM

word. im a big rivers fan, but even at 13 id hesitate. i dont think its possible for someone to move from a third round prospect to top 10 just because of one game. i think hell be a good qb and everything, but i dont think every scout in the nfl could have gotten proved wrong in just one game

Samphin1
04-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Rivers is a little overrated right now imo, but he is still great. I think his mechanics are kind of funky, but I would take a chance on him at 13 if given the chance. I like him a lot and, in all honesty, it would be a bummer to see him in a Bills uniform.

I think Drew Bledsoe is awful, not smack, just my opinion. Maybe the new offense helps him get back on track, but personally, I think Rivers is a perfect fit for you guys. Plus, with the wide receiving group so deep, you could pick up quality in the second, or third round. I would be shocked if Rivers is on the board and you guys pass on him.

BidsJr
04-17-2004, 01:53 PM
TD has something up his sleeve.

Maybe it's not for a QB?

TigerJ
04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Upon reading the post on the Falcons' board carefully, it appears to represent speculation rather than an alleged inside bit of info.

"An interesting trade possibility exists between the Falcons (No. 8 overall) and Bills (No. 13). Considering the depth of the wide receiver class, the Falcons can trade down and still get an elite receiver. The Bills need to move ahead of Pittsburgh (No. 11) to get Rivers, the NC State quarterback."

The words "interesting possibility" "Falcons can trade down" and "Bills need to move ahead" do not speak of talks necessarily going on right now. As has been mentioned before, there is a rumor that Buffalo is talking with Jacksonville at #9. It would be for the same reason; drafting a QB. That makes a little more sense from the Bills' perspective if only because neither the Falcons or the Jags are thought to be interested in a QB. The Bills don't need to get ahead of the Jags, only the Steelers. There is no point in giving up any more than you have to in order to move up.

BidsJr
04-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Unless they want to go even higher

BigZ
04-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

I agree , I would not trade up for Rivers. I would for Ben.

Ditto.

:beers:

Shiny Chicken
04-17-2004, 02:34 PM
There is way too much "rumor" of us trading up to get Rivers. You know what this tells me? We are definitely NOT trading up to get Rivers. Aren't you guys used to TD yet?

SABURZFAN
04-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i agree.i sure as hell wouldn't trade up either to get rivers either.

Throne Logic
04-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Either way, TD won't make a move until the draft, after the first 6 picks are off the board. Then things will be a whole lot clearer. There could be two QBs still available, depending on what San Diego decides to do.

Canadian'eh!
04-17-2004, 07:16 PM
I just can't sell myself on not only drafting a 1st round QB, but now we are also giving things up to get him???? If we aren't going into the top 5 or something than i just can't swallow this.

Ebenezer
04-17-2004, 08:24 PM

i agree...this team has enough holes to fill...it cannot afford to give up choices.

justasportsfan
04-17-2004, 08:49 PM
It would be uncharacteristic of TD to reach for a player. Take WM for example, although WM . He would've been top 5 if healthy and TD drafted him because if WM pans out, we have a bargain. TD would be overpaying/reaching if he traded up for Rivers.

Then again, TD is walking a tight rope. He has to produce results and I'm pretty sure he listens to what MM has to say and if MM wants Rivers..... plus he gets to screw with Cowher again. :D

ShadowHawk7
04-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
word. im a big rivers fan, but even at 13 id hesitate. i dont think its possible for someone to move from a third round prospect to top 10 just because of one game. i think hell be a good qb and everything, but i dont think every scout in the nfl could have gotten proved wrong in just one game

EXACTLY, you nailed it. I'd feel almost disappointed on draft day if we even drafted Rivers at 13, when players like Harris, Roy or Mike, possibly Udeze, or maybe even Big Ben were around. If they weren't, which is possible, I'd look to trade down. If not, THEN I'd take Rivers.

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2004, 10:45 PM

Here, here. :)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I have a weird hunch that if this happens, this will be part one of a two part trade. Meaning, if the Henry trade is still lingering, TD would now have an 8 and TH to try and get into the top 5. Stranger things have happened.

Travis Henry is staying in Buffalo Donahoe says we can have two RB's under the cap it won't hurt us plus Malarkey is planning on putting Travis Henry and Willis McGahee on the field at the same time.

Mr. Cynical
04-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
Travis Henry is staying in Buffalo Donahoe says we can have two RB's under the cap it won't hurt us plus Malarkey is planning on putting Travis Henry and Willis McGahee on the field at the same time.

Yes, that is the plan as it stands today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. If TD is ever presented with a trade that he feels would improve the team, then he would do it. TH is not untouchable.

mypoorfriendme
04-18-2004, 03:49 AM

EXACTLY, you nailed it. I'd feel almost disappointed on draft day if we even drafted Rivers at 13, when players like Harris, Roy or Mike, possibly Udeze, or maybe even Big Ben were around. If they weren't, which is possible, I'd look to trade down. If not, THEN I'd take Rivers.

my thoughts exactly...although im not near sold on a DE on the first day. i think the only reason we shld draft a DE is for insurance on schobel. ive said it before and ill say it again, it boils down to this...if roy and mike williams, big ben and tommie harris, and maybe even phillip rivers, are all gone, i hope to god we trade down