PDA

View Full Version : WKBW TV and Bills announcer John Murphy

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2004, 05:27 PM
WKBW's news channel 7 and Bills announcer John Murphy said he thinks the BILLS will flip picks with Pittsburgh and take Rivers He says that the BILLS really want to take a QB in the first round and that Donahoe didn't fool him at the pre-draft luncheon. So there you have it we'll see. :fabulous:

RedEyE
04-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Flip picks with Pittsburgh for Rivers? I think that is highly unlikely considering Pittsburgh also has their eye on Rivers.

Ebenezer
04-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I don't think Rivers makes it out of the top 10.

ShadowHawk7
04-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Where do you see him going then Eb? Personally, I think he's over hyped. Also Bills flipping w/ Pitt. is crazy, knowing that Pitt. is all over Rivers, and will probably prevent him from getting to the Bills.

Ebenezer
04-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Where do you see him going then Eb? Personally, I think he's over hyped. Also Bills flipping w/ Pitt. is crazy, knowing that Pitt. is all over Rivers, and will probably prevent him from getting to the Bills.

I can see SD trading down to get him at 4 or 5...the NYG are interested in QB...Pitts could use one...even Wash is not out of the question...

Canadian'eh!
04-17-2004, 07:10 PM
I don't get this at all....

like everyone said, Pitts wants him or Big Ben. now they are just going to hand him to us?

It all depends on the Chargers. If they go Qb we are screwed. If not than we have a very good chance.

THe GIants will mostly likely either trade up for Manning or go with or go with Big Ben (unless gallery slips to them).

If the Chargers stay at #1 they will take Eli, if they trade with the Giants than we have a shot.

My guess would be they go with whichever of Gallery or Row Williams is available (assuming the Radiers take 1 or the other and zona takes Fitz).

If they take Big Ben in the Giants slot than the Steelers willt ake Rivers and we are out of luck.

My guess?

IF the chargers do trade they will take a reciever #4 and unless some other team in the top 10 surprises us by taking a QB than we will get eitehr Big Ben or Rivers dependin on who the steelers don't take.

Tatonka
04-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I can see SD trading down to get him at 4 or 5...the NYG are interested in QB...Pitts could use one...even Wash is not out of the question...

i just talked to my close friend, who is a cleveland fan, with as much passion about them as i have towards the bills.. and he says that cleveland is a candidate to take a qb in the first as well. they just visited with rivers and big ben.. flew them both in on the private jet.

Ebenezer
04-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i just talked to my close friend, who is a cleveland fan, with as much passion about them as i have towards the bills.. and he says that cleveland is a candidate to take a qb in the first as well. they just visited with rivers and big ben.. flew them both in on the private jet.

I can also see GB trying to trade up if they don't have Couch signed...Denver could also be a possibility (Is Plummer really the answer?)...and I still don't think Arizona is out of the competition...

TigerJ
04-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I happenned to visit the official Steelers website this evening. On their website they have a list of 14 or 15 entrants in the 2004 draft who have visited Pittsburgh or will visit before the draft. There are two QBs listed; Ben Roethlisberger and J. P. Losman.

Hmmm, interesting.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I happenned to visit the official Steelers website this evening. On their website they have a list of 14 or 15 entrants in the 2004 draft who have visited Pittsburgh or will visit before the draft. There are two QBs listed; Ben Roethlisberger and J. P. Losman.

Hmmm, interesting.

GREAT NEWS TIGER J RIVERS IS OURS!!!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-18-2004, 12:08 AM

I can also see GB trying to trade up if they don't have Couch signed...Denver could also be a possibility (Is Plummer really the answer?)...and I still don't think Arizona is out of the competition...

You really think Denver might?

HAMMER
04-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Yep, Cleveland didn't bring Garcia in as a franchise QB of the future.

Losman, Losman

The_Philster
04-18-2004, 06:05 AM

I don't see Denver or Arizona spending a draft pick on a QB in the first round. For that matter, I don't see Cleveland doing it either.
Denver-Plummer
Arizona-McCown
Cleveland-Garcia, Holcomb.
They all seem solid at the starting position and Cleveland even has a competent backup who can learn from Garcia and improve.