PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO! Anyone else see the cartoon in the Buffalo News sports section?!

baalworship
04-18-2004, 07:49 AM
It has this cartoon with a wanna be Bills fan GM with a draft board that says:

Round1: Philip Rivers...Or Trade Up For Philip Rivers...Or Kidnap Philip Rivers Or (If Someone Else Gets Him) Clone Philip Rivers...Or Trade Bledsoe For Philip Rivers

2: Best Williams Available

3: Annual Defensive Back Pick

4: Philip Rivers Again (Just In Case)

5: Whoever The Dolphins Want Most Here (Hee Hee hee!)

7a Anyone Left On Board Name Thurman, Bruce, Elbert, Marcvus, Peerless, Cornelius, Orenthal Or Cookie

7b Trade This Pick To Get Old (Real Blue) Uniforms Back

OR For Any Blood Relative Of Philip Rivers

Bled2Hen
04-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Bledsoe is gona prove everybody wrong this year. stop bashing him, its getting old, he is our QB for this season, he is the general, and he is going to be the buffalo bills starter for this coming season. I find the cartoon insulting to Bills fans, even the ones who don't like Bledsoe. He is our QB!

Dantheman1280
04-18-2004, 09:03 AM
do u have a link??

Sabre Ally
04-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bled2Hen
Bledsoe is gona prove everybody wrong this year. stop bashing him, its getting old, he is our QB for this season, he is the general, and he is going to be the buffalo bills starter for this coming season. I find the cartoon insulting to Bills fans, even the ones who don't like Bledsoe. He is our QB! Dude, lighten up. baal isn't bashing Bledsoe, he didn't write the cartoon. Now I remember why I don't visit the main board very often, geesh!

Michael82
04-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Dude, lighten up. baal isn't bashing Bledsoe, he didn't write the cartoon. Now I remember why I don't visit the main board very often, geesh!

:lol: You tell him, Ally! :snicker:

The Natrix
04-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Bledsoe is gona prove everybody wrong this year. stop bashing him, its getting old, he is our QB for this season, he is the general, and he is going to be the buffalo bills starter for this coming season. I find the cartoon insulting to Bills fans, even the ones who don't like Bledsoe. He is our QB!

:nerd:

baalworship
04-18-2004, 10:15 AM
I think the cartoon was making fun of Rivers Mania. It's funny because it's true.

CWOUSARET
04-18-2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Dude, lighten up. baal isn't bashing Bledsoe, he didn't write the cartoon. Now I remember why I don't visit the main board very often, geesh!

It is definately Bledsoe bashing - passive or aggresive - it is what it is.

mchurchfie
04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Since when did it become so taboo to say anything critical of Bledsoe.:idunno: Its getting almost as bad around here as it used to be bringing up Flutie and Johnson in the same sentence. Everyone's panties get in a wad anymore.:shakeno:

DraftBoy
04-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Bledsoe Bashing?? No the cartoon is more making light of the Rivers Hysteria. Bledsoe Bashing would be more like: He sucks, he was the #2 reason we lost most of our games last season. He will do better but not good enough. Happy yet? Now you can complain of Bledsoe Bashing.

CWOUSARET
04-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Church
Since when did it become so taboo to say anything critical of Bledsoe.:idunno: Its getting almost as bad around here as it used to be bringing up Flutie and Johnson in the same sentence. Everyone's panties get in a wad anymore.:shakeno:

hmmmm - ever hear of the "TRUCE"?
well perhaps not . . .
BTW showing your pathetic political affiliation in your signature -
simply makes me disregard anything you may have to say.

democrates . . . . talk about room temperature IQ's!!!!!!!!!!!!

CWOUSARET
04-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Bledsoe Bashing?? No the cartoon is more making light of the Rivers Hysteria. Bledsoe Bashing would be more like: He sucks, he was the #2 reason we lost most of our games last season. He will do better but not good enough. Happy yet? Now you can complain of Bledsoe Bashing.

yep that's bledsoe bashing alright.
and you are right DB sucks -
oh but i mean DraftBoy (DB) that is!!!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
04-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET

yep that's bledsoe bashing alright.
and you are right DB sucks -
oh but i mean DraftBoy (DB) that is!!!!!!!!!!!

This is kid is clever, let me tell you

mchurchfie
04-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
This is kid is clever, let me tell you

He's from Mayberry, Fl...what'd you expect?:snicker:

DraftBoy
04-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Church

He's from Mayberry, Fl...what'd you expect?:snicker:

LOL, Good point church

buffmaniac
04-18-2004, 12:26 PM
The cartoon is exactly right. Too many fans have gone Rivers crazy. Don't get me wrong the guy is a good QB but there is also a lot of talented guys at other positions as well. Plus if you look at recent history of first round QBs only about 1 out of 3 seem to work out. What are the chances that Rivers will work out while Manning and Ben will both be busts?

mchurchfie
04-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Gee...I wonder how many new Miatas your therapy pays for?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by CWOUSARET

hmmmm - ever hear of the "TRUCE"?
well perhaps not . . .
BTW showing your pathetic political affiliation in your signature -
simply makes me disregard anything you may have to say.

democrates . . . . talk about room temperature IQ's!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before you think about posting again, books are a good place to start, Junior....and I'm referring to reading them, not piling them up so you can sit at the big people's table for dinner.:dizzy:

Captain gameboy
04-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't think there uis any Rivers mania.
But....

I did wriite a software simulation program that has the capability to enter all physical and mental capabilities of any football player on earth.

I put Phillip Rivers traits into it, as a Buffalo Bill, and ran a simulation game against the Patriots-in mid December in New England.

Bills won 47-3.
Rivers had 29 completions in 31 attempts, for 421 yards.
He also had 171 yards rushing on 26 attempts.
He had six tackles, one sack and a field goal.

In the "intangibles," he appealed two calls in the fourth quarter and was right both times.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Try Bill Clinton next time. He'll probably be the Super Bowl MVP.

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
It has this cartoon with a wanna be Bills fan GM with a draft board that says:

Round1: Philip Rivers...Or Trade Up For Philip Rivers...Or Kidnap Philip Rivers Or (If Someone Else Gets Him) Clone Philip Rivers...Or Trade Bledsoe For Philip Rivers

2: Best Williams Available

3: Annual Defensive Back Pick

4: Philip Rivers Again (Just In Case)

5: Whoever The Dolphins Want Most Here (Hee Hee hee!)

7a Anyone Left On Board Name Thurman, Bruce, Elbert, Marcvus, Peerless, Cornelius, Orenthal Or Cookie

OR For Any Blood Relative Of Philip Rivers

:rolf: :lol:
It's a good thing it's just a joke. :sweat:

Mr. Cynical
04-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
:10:

I like this option the best. Our uniforms took a nose dive (moreso the white jerseys) and I hope they fix them soon. At least get the pants right so that the stripes on them don't look so ridiculous when they don't match/line up with the jersey stripe. No idea what the designer was thinking. :cynic:

P.S. Oh yeah, and Bledsoe sucks hairy moose nuts. :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2004, 02:11 PM
There's one way to get the cartoon who gets the Buffalo News here and who has a scanner scan the picture and save it in a jpg. and then post it here. I was at www.BuffaloNews.com and I couldn't find it I tried searching and it found nothing

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

:rolf: :lol:
It's a good thing it's just a joke. :sweat:

What if it isn't :scared:

Dantheman1280
04-18-2004, 03:23 PM
no one has a link???

Dantheman1280
04-18-2004, 03:23 PM
no one has a link???

The_Philster
04-18-2004, 03:27 PM
The Buffalo News doesn't put the cartoon online

Dantheman1280
04-18-2004, 03:30 PM
dam

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
There's one way to get the cartoon who gets the Buffalo News here and who has a scanner scan the picture and save it in a jpg. and then post it here. I was at www.BuffaloNews.com and I couldn't find it I tried searching and it found nothing

Like I said before this is the only way we're going to get to see it on these boards.

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Somebody here has to get the Buffalo News they just have to scan it.

Marvelous
04-18-2004, 04:55 PM

He did a great job last year:ill: But i'm sure it was the lines fault..
Your allowed to have a oppinion and i'm allowed to laugh.

BigZ
04-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Here it is. Zonebuck donations gratefully accepted.

shelby
04-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Donation on the way. Thanks, zielinski.