PDA

View Full Version : This year, it's better to receive in the NFL

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 08:40 AM
When NFL teams sit down for their annual college talent feast on Saturday, the main entrée will be wide receiver.
So plentiful are blue-chip pass catchers in this year’s class, teams that don’t fill their plate in the first round can do so in the second round and later.

”It’s not just the quality at the top, it’s the depth,” said Frank Cooney, publisher of NFLDraftScout.com. “The top dozen guys could be the No. 1 receiver for an NFL team.”

NFL.com’s Gil Brandt has never seen a better group of receivers from an athletic standpoint in his long career and its average speed and size — about 6-feet-2 and 205 pounds measured at the scouting combine — makes it a unique group.

”This potentially could be the best crop of receivers in NFL history,” writes Pro Football Weekly draft guru Nolan Nawrocki.

This, of course, bodes well for the Buffalo Bills, who select 13th overall.

The Bills don’t need a No. 1 pass target — nine-year pro Eric Moulds is still among the league’s elite and is recovered from a nagging groin injury.

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/sports/general/0418MN3V6SS_sports.shtml

buffmaniac
04-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Bills have to draft a WR somewhere in the first 2 rounds. It is almost a guarantee in my mind. If one of the top 3 is available at 13 I would take them. Otherwise I either trade down and look for WR in the late first or wait till the second to draft a WR.