PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Z's power ranking ......LMAO!!

clumping platelets
07-25-2002, 05:33 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/07/24/drz_rankings/

He has the Bills ahead of the Fish and Jets :chuckle:

:feedback:

Aero II
07-25-2002, 06:23 AM
Finally someone is printing the facts. :D

Favorite line, on Ricky Williams, "no stranger to the police blotter and Miami isn't exactly the kind of a place where a young man leads a quiet life."

Aero II
07-25-2002, 06:26 AM
Some people would argue that Z just listed last years reverse draft order. Just look at the top and bottom. He must be real impressed with our offesason to shoot the Bills up 14 spots.

The Shadow
07-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Good thing about Dr Z is he never feels compelled to regurgitate the 'national sports opinion'. If he feels in his gut that a team that is supposed to be really good is going to suck, then he'll let you know.

Halbert
07-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Ranking us ahead of the Dolphins is questionable enough, but when I saw the #1 ranked team all credibility was lost. You've GOT to be kidding me.

Don't bother.

WG
07-25-2002, 10:50 AM
I hear ya Hal, but he did make a good point about their DL however. They did lose some talent on D.

I would say this, that much like us, their O will carry them more this year. It's tough to place teams like that.

lordofgun
07-25-2002, 11:25 AM
I like seeing us above the fish, but most of it is ridiculous.

SABURZFAN
07-25-2002, 01:28 PM
the good doctor is never wrong.

northernbillfan
07-25-2002, 01:37 PM
I never liked Dr Z, until now that is. But as he said, it is still too early to rate the teams.

Phins054
07-25-2002, 07:44 PM
I think its funny that he thinks that NE will slice through the AFC East like a hot knife thru butter...We had the SAME record and we are at what 15???

It doesn't bother me that he has you ranked above us...everones entitled to their opinions...but some of his rankings just DO NOT make sense...:cynic:

Halbert
07-25-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I hear ya Hal, but he did make a good point about their DL however. They did lose some talent on D. Yeah, they did. But I firmly believe that playing D is to a great extent simply an attitude, which is why guys like Wannastadt and Cowher always have (or are always a year away from) a good D. They turn regular guys into stars and Miami has been doing that for years.

Which, btw, is why I think our D is going to be vastly improved this season. Say what you will about GW, the man has a hard core defensive attitude that is nothing but infectious. I think we're going to surprise some people on D, including Dr. Z.

But putting the Pats at #1 is ludicrous. For the life of me I just can't see them as anything but the biggest overachievers since the Jets last SB winners. Why is everyone so enamored with the "team" concept? The only reason they point to that is because there's nothing else to explain it. Except the laws of chance, which is what they needed to do what they did. I realize that may sound like sour grapes but I just was NOT impressed with that team and I think last year was a huge fluke that happens once in a great while in sports.

19th in total offense, 24th in total defense - I’m sorry but that’s the Websters definition of “fluke”. Nobody thought they could win it all, which is a huge factor why they did. Everybody's going to want to knock them off so they'll have to be twice as good as last season and I don't think they have it in them. If they get past .500 I’ll be very surprised. But I've been wrong before so what the hell do I know?

Novacane
07-25-2002, 10:08 PM
To put NE #1 just because they are SB champs is stupid! They will not make the playoffs this year and will be cursing the day they traded us Bledsoe when Brady proves he is a one year wonder!

northernbillfan
07-26-2002, 02:17 AM
Dr. Z figured our offense waas capable enough to put us ahead of the Dullphins. He even said "Don't ask" about the defense.

But still, let's see the final game day line up, then do power ratings.

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2002, 08:27 AM
It's gibberish because his bosses made him do it.
Cincinnati 21st ahead of Seattle, Giants, and Saints? Ravens 30th? This is just plain silly.

iceblizzard69
07-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Dr. Z is almost as bad as Pete Prisco, or he could possibly be worse. He has Denver 6th, Dallas 8th, Miami 16th, and Kansas City 27th just to name a few mistakes. He also has the Patriots first, even though they will be in the bottom half of the division this year. Why aren't these idiot writers fired?

SABURZFAN
07-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
To put NE #1 just because they are SB champs is stupid! They will not make the playoffs this year and will be cursing the day they traded us Bledsoe when Brady proves he is a one year wonder!

#1 is a good place for them.they have nowhere to go but down.

TigerJ
07-28-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll have to visit finheaven to see what fin fans are saying. I'm sure our fin fan guests are holding back so as not to air their sour grapes too loudly, but I'll bet they're ripping good ol' Dr. Z something fierce on their own fan board.