PDA

View Full Version : If the Big Three are gone, can a QB save the day for Bills?

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Many Buffalo Bills fans seem to be wishing and hoping for North Carolina State quarterback Philip Rivers to drop to the 13th spot in the first round in Saturday's NFL draft.
What happens to the Bills' desire to get a quarterback of the future if Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Rivers all are picked in the top 12?

This is a tough question, and it remains a likely scenario facing the brain trust at One Bills Drive.

There only are two other quarterbacks available who will be taken on the first day - meaning in the first three rounds.

They are Virginia's Matt Schaub and Tulane's J.P. Losman. The conservative scouts around the NFL like Schaub. The risk-takers like Losman.

After that, opinions are all over the map. There is no consensus on who is No. 6 on the list. There probably will be 11 or 12 quarterbacks taken in the seven rounds. Every QB after the top five has shortcomings and has to be considered a developmental prospect. It all comes down to who your quarterbacks coach thinks he has the best chance of molding into a player.

Schaub would be a decent selection for the Bills. He has good size, at 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds. He went to Virginia, so you know he's smart. He's strictly a pocket passer. He doesn't wow scouts in any one area, like the top three QBs. He's not a can't-miss talent. But he's a starting-caliber prospect, and he showed progress throughout his career in accuracy and decision-making.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040418/2050816.asp

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-18-2004, 04:04 PM
I would be angry if we picked Schuab. :mad:

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't understand the hate with Schaub grant it he's not the best QB but at one point he was a Heisman Trophy candidate and 2 years ago he led the ACC in TD passes(not Rivers) and completed 69.7% of his passes. I would rather have any of the big 3 but I would not mind grabbing Schaub in the 3rd.

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Another thing I think a lot of will ust be mad at any QB we select if we don't get any of the big 3.

gonzo1105
04-18-2004, 04:44 PM
The only guys I like after the top 4 are Schaub, Smoker, and Kent

ShadowHawk7
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
We better pick either Big Ben, Rivers, Losman, or Smoker. All have the talent to be good to great starters.

DraftBoy
04-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
We better pick either Big Ben, Rivers, Losman, or Smoker. All have the talent to be good to great starters.

Id add Harris, Kent, Pickett, or Clausen to that list. Of course T would disagree about Pickett.