PDA

View Full Version : News from Bearcat (Sportsrumormill.com)

The Quebecer
04-18-2004, 08:48 PM
"Buffalo is weighing wide receiver and quarterback with the same weight. From what Sam has said is that they will make a move for Roethlisberger if the price is not too steep. Basically, they will consider moving up maybe two spots if Ben is still on the board. If this fails to pan out they will take the best receiver on the board. They have the receivers rated as follows;
Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Reggie Williams
Mike Williams
Mike Jenkins"

Have fun!
Keep the faith!

:mounty:

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Sounds like he's jumping ship from his original comment that said it was a done deal that we would move up for "Big Ben".:rolleyes:

DraftBoy
04-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Backtracking just a bit?

elltrain22
04-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Reggie is rated higher than Mike, that to me is a mistake. I really think Mike Williams is gettin' a bumb rap. The dude was awesome last year for the Trojans, and he is gonna be nasty in the NFL, no doubt in my mind...

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Reggie is rated higher than Mike, that to me is a mistake. I really think Mike Williams is gettin' a bumb rap. The dude was awesome last year for the Trojans, and he is gonna be nasty in the NFL, no doubt in my mind...

I'm not going to question a scout's rankings what I will question is if he flops and the person selected after him turns out better.

Tatonka
04-18-2004, 09:54 PM
the bills have no idea what they are going to do, so this guy has no idea either. it all depends on what happens in front of them.

mypoorfriendme
04-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
the bills have no idea what they are going to do, so this guy has no idea either. it all depends on what happens in front of them.

yep. its impossible to say "i hope the bills draft _______ in the first round and ________ in the second."

come draft day, there are going to be tons, well maybe not tons, but many things that no one anticipated and the bills front office has to draft depending on whos left and even whos gone.

Tatonka
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
all this guy is doing is speculating just like we are.

BigZ
04-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Exactly!

The Quebecer
04-18-2004, 10:14 PM
What kind of a front office is this if they don't know what they are going to do one week from the draft? The Minnesota Vikings?

Come on guys! I'm pretty sure the the Bills front office has multiple plans set up for the upcoming draft...

Will it be what Bearcat said? I don't know, maybe or maybe not! But they must have some kind of a plan?

Keep the faith!

lordofgun
04-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by The Quebecer
"Buffalo is weighing wide receiver and quarterback with the same weight. From what Sam has said is that they will make a move for Roethlisberger if the price is not too steep. Basically, they will consider moving up maybe two spots if Ben is still on the board. If this fails to pan out they will take the best receiver on the board. They have the receivers rated as follows;
Fitzgerald
Roy Williams
Reggie Williams
Mike Williams
Mike Jenkins"

Have fun!
Keep the faith!

:mounty:

So the Bills are gonna move up 2 spots, huh? Somehow I don't see the Steelers trading with us to let us pick a QB before them. :rolleyes:

TigerJ
04-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't think that is exactly accurate, Tatonka. The Bills have an idea what they will do if. . . or actually several ifs. I think they prepare for as many different scenarios as is practical. They won't put it out to the public, but they do have a very good idea what they will do if Roethlisberger drops to a certain point, or if all QBs are gone. If WR is their fallback position to address in round one, they certainly have their value board set. It's always possible that something happens that is completely out of left field that the Bills can't prepare for and may have to react to, but the purpose of all their intense preparation is to reduce the odds of that catching them off guard.

I'll cut Bearcat a little slack I guess. I think the situation at the top of the draft is pretty fluid. In another post at that website he suggests that San Diego, if unable to trade the first pick, is going to draft Gallery, not Manning. If Gallery is gone, then the Giants would draft Roethlisberger. That would be wild, Manning could conceivably drop out of the top five if that happens. It might even be one of those "left field" events that the Bills would have to react to.

Tatonka
04-18-2004, 11:12 PM
he is my least favorite out of the top 4 qbs.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Isnt the NFL going back to court today(Monday) about the Maurice Clarrett deal?? Imagine how much the draft could be shakin if the Clarrett ruling gets turned in the favor of the NFL..

No Mike Williams, No Fitzgerald.. IMHO the ruling will stay though..

The Spaz
04-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by AKA
Isnt the NFL going back to court today(Monday) about the Maurice Clarrett deal?? Imagine how much the draft could be shakin if the Clarrett ruling gets turned in the favor of the NFL..

No Mike Williams, No Fitzgerald.. IMHO the ruling will stay though..

Fitgerald will still be in the NFL found him eleigible.