PDA

View Full Version : So the Bears had their second mini-camp and Ruben....

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Wasn't a starter. :snicker:

Their line blows. They were supposed to put Ruben at RG and move Gandy to LT, but they are going with waiver wire guys at LT. :huh:

All the Bears talk about is drafting DL, but if they don't pick Andrews, I'll be surprised.

STAMPY
04-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Wasn't a starter. :snicker:

Their line blows. They were supposed to put Ruben at RG and move Gandy to LT, but they are going with waiver wire guys at LT. :huh:

All the Bears talk about is drafting DL, but if they don't pick Andrews, I'll be surprised.

ruben hater! i wish the guy the best and appreciate his seasons as a bill granted the last few weren't as great still best we had at position

Ebenezer
04-19-2004, 08:07 AM
call me on opening day...

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath on what happens at mini camp. May 2002 , Jennings was playing center.
http://www.billsdaily.com/images/02pics/minicamp/jenningscenter.jpg

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
ruben hater! i wish the guy the best and appreciate his seasons as a bill granted the last few weren't as great still best we had at position

You watch football much?

justasportsfan
04-19-2004, 08:22 AM
link?

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

come on stampede.. ruben lover! get over the fact that he was horrible, old, washed up, and not worth keeping around.

he didnt get a single phone call from anyone for a month and a half after being cut.. and now he make vet minimum and is a backup on one of the worst lines ever.

open your eyes and stop making comments with your heart.

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2004, 08:28 AM
No link. I saw it on tv.

BTW, Mark Malone left ESPN and is now doing sports on the CBS affiliate here. :eek:

Don't know about that career move. :cynic: Must have been tired of the lumberjack competitions. :eek:

Captain gameboy
04-19-2004, 08:47 AM
Didn't start?

Or false start?

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Bears | R. Brown Receives Reps with Second Team OL - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:32:01 -0700

David Haugh, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears OG Ruben Brown spent Friday's minicamp practice, April 16, as a second-string offensive guard behind OG Mike Gandy. Head coach Lovie Smith emphasized that everyone has to earn a starting job, including the eight-time Pro Bowler Brown. "As we recruited Ruben we told him he would have to compete for the job," Smith said. "We have a starting rotation, and starting rotation sometimes means you're here first." Brown is unfazed about his current situation and just wants to contribute to the team. "It really doesn't bother me," Brown said. "I'm here to give this team a chance to win and have some depth. Whether it's first- or second-team, I accomplish that just by being here."

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Im not surprised but I still wish him the best. I aslo think he'll be a starter on that line soon.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 09:54 AM
not if he has to earn it.

and did you see his comments.. he doesnt seem too concerned.

"It really doesn't bother me," Brown said. "I'm here to give this team a chance to win and have some depth. Whether it's first- or second-team, I accomplish that just by being here."

yeah.. he seems real motivated.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 09:55 AM
No link. I saw it on tv.

BTW, Mark Malone left ESPN and is now doing sports on the CBS affiliate here. :eek:

Don't know about that career move. :cynic: Must have been tired of the lumberjack competitions. :eek:

Could be he's going to do some other stuff- like CBS football in the fall or NFL Network. He'd be waaaayyyyy better than some of those washed up 49ers they have as announcers- Like Brent Jones and Randy Cross.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:57 AM
CBS pregame is one of the best with Deion. Many dont like him but he adds a certain flair to it.

justasportsfan
04-19-2004, 10:49 AM

All the Bears talk about is drafting DL, but if they don't pick Andrews, I'll be surprised. that would screw up the fins who looks like they need the draft to address their OL. :snicker:

Dantheman1280
04-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Yea I think the bears will take Andrew in a heartbeat

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Could be he's going to do some other stuff- like CBS football in the fall or NFL Network. He'd be waaaayyyyy better than some of those washed up 49ers they have as announcers- Like Brent Jones and Randy Cross.

I'm hoping he does preseason with the oft drunken Ditka. :eek:

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 03:25 PM
No link. I saw it on tv.

I kinda wondered why he was replaced on NFL Live