X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Draft: The Third Schobel

Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel started the NFL trend in his family when he was drafted in 2001. He was then there with his brother, Matt, a year later as he was drafted by Cincinnati. Now it's cousin Bo's turn.

"It's wonderful," Aaron said. "My cousin Bo worked hard to be drafted and I'm happy for him, he deserves it. Matt, Bo and I are all really close. We grew up two miles apart. For me this situation with Bo is the same as it was with Matt. We are all very competitive."

That competitiveness does not decrease when it comes to family, in fact it increases. Aaron wants the best for his cousin but he also wants to remain the highest drafted Schobel.

"Wherever Bo is drafted will be good and I will be happy for him, but I want to be the highest drafted out of the three of us," Aaron said.

The first Schobel, Aaron was picked in the second round of the draft in 2001 (46th overall) and Matt was picked in the third round in 2002 (67th overall). Aaron's guess is that Bo will be picked anywhere from the second to the fourth round this year.

Aaron would like to be with Bo on draft weekend when he finds out where he is going, but he recalls being with Matt in 2002 when he was drafted.

"When Matt was going through the draft I was there with him but he ended up leaving the room to be alone," Aaron said. "I don't think Bo really wants anybody to be around, just his parents."

Working...
X