PDA

View Full Version : Great News from KFFL

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Eagles | Sights Set on Jackson - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:52:26 -0700

Reuben Frank, of phillyBurbs.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have RB Steven Jackson (Oregon State) at the top of their list entering the NFL Draft. The Eagles, as reported, are looking to trade up in the first-round -- with Jackson as the player they've targeted to land. Jackson (6-2, 240) is viewed as the real deal, as he rushed for 1,690 yards as a junior and 1,545 yards as a senior. He's also a capable receiver, which is needed in Philadelphia's offense, as he caught 44 passes for 470 yards a year ago.

this is great news.. they could be a potential trade down partner.

NFL | Lavalais' Stock Dropping - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:28:15 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports NFL draft prospect DT Chad Lavalais (LSU) was only able to bench 225 pounds 17 times at the NFL Scouting Combine and his stock has dropped around the league.

i am telling you.. for people who watched him play all year.. he is a great player. rusty could add some strength to him and he would be capable of being a dominant DT. he is alot like pat williams.. a real penatrating DT. he can get after the qb. hopefully his stock drops him into the 3rd round. he would be an absolute steal there.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Wow that would help us if we talk to the Eagles but why would they really be looking at a RB, I mean they have Buckhalter and Westbrook?!

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Eagles | Sights Set on Jackson - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:52:26 -0700

Reuben Frank, of phillyBurbs.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have RB Steven Jackson (Oregon State) at the top of their list entering the NFL Draft. The Eagles, as reported, are looking to trade up in the first-round -- with Jackson as the player they've targeted to land. Jackson (6-2, 240) is viewed as the real deal, as he rushed for 1,690 yards as a junior and 1,545 yards as a senior. He's also a capable receiver, which is needed in Philadelphia's offense, as he caught 44 passes for 470 yards a year ago.

NFL | Lavalais' Stock Dropping - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:28:15 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports NFL draft prospect DT Chad Lavalais (LSU) was only able to bench 225 pounds 17 times at the NFL Scouting Combine and his stock has dropped around the league.

i am telling you.. for people who watched him play all year.. he is a great player. rusty could add some strength to him and he would be capable of being a dominant DT. he is alot like pat williams.. a real penatrating DT. he can get after the qb. hopefully his stock drops him into the 3rd round. he would be an absolute steal there.

Eagles are trade hungry this offseason. Wonder if we could move down for their pick a 3rd and 5th. Bc itd be a big jump for us. Only problem is that its behind GB so if we were to deal down and take Losman then wed have to hope hed get past the Pack which is unknown. Also I agree with T, Lavalais is a terror in the middle he collapses the pocket with skill even off of DT's. Hed be a great start to rebuilding our middle line.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Wow that would help us if we talk to the Eagles but why would they really be looking at a RB, I mean they have Buckhalter and Westbrook?!

Westbrook=3rd down back, Buckhalter cant stay healthy

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2004, 09:57 AM

I think the Eagles picks might be a little TOO far down to trade, but you never know. I would rather trade down with the Patriots.

I was wondering what kind of a player this guy was. I would think strength would definitely be something you can work on. If he is a player, then I'm all for drafting him.

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2004, 09:59 AM

I thought Buckhalter is a free agent but wasn't getting any offers?

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I thought Buckhalter is a free agent but wasn't getting any offers?

RFA.. and not getting any offers..

Originally posted by DraftBoy
Eagles are trade hungry this offseason. Wonder if we could move down for their pick a 3rd and 5th. Bc itd be a big jump for us. Only problem is that its behind GB so if we were to deal down and take Losman then wed have to hope hed get past the Pack which is unknown. Also I agree with T, Lavalais is a terror in the middle he collapses the pocket with skill even off of DT's. Hed be a great start to rebuilding our middle line.

they would have to give up their 1st and at least their second... and possibly a 3rd next year or something.. they are a pretty far way down there.. but it would be a great spot to take evans, woods, losman, carey, or even grove.

ShadowHawk7
04-19-2004, 11:06 AM
they would have to give up their 1st and at least their second... and possibly a 3rd next year or something.. they are a pretty far way down there.. but it would be a great spot to take evans, woods, losman, carey, or even grove.

Agreed, that would be perfect.

Billsouth
04-19-2004, 11:45 AM
based on last years strategy we may end up drafting steve jackson!!

wth, he may be the "best player on the board" at that time.

Philly Zoner
04-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Westbrook is a great little playmaker (I'm at Villanova now, saw him in college and with the Iggles), but he's way small for an every down back. Buckhalter is iffy as a workhorse cause he can't seem to stay healthy

Canadian'eh!
04-19-2004, 12:46 PM
My only problem is this....

don't they have like the 30th overall pick??? that's quite a stretch. It's like trading for a 2nd round pick... they are going to have to give us one heck of a deal.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Too far down....

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 01:19 PM
what if they gave us their first and third this year.. and first next year?

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
I want 3 firsts. :D

Hey, I can dream....

Earthquake Enyart
04-19-2004, 02:13 PM
It would be funny to somehow end up with the fish #2 they got for Feely. Then we could mock them for years about the guy we took vs. that buster. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
that is next years 2nd. NE has miami's 2nd this year.

That Guy
04-19-2004, 07:54 PM
How does Miami ever get younger? They never ever have a draft...