• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Great News from KFFL

Eagles | Sights Set on Jackson - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:52:26 -0700

Reuben Frank, of phillyBurbs.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have RB Steven Jackson (Oregon State) at the top of their list entering the NFL Draft. The Eagles, as reported, are looking to trade up in the first-round -- with Jackson as the player they've targeted to land. Jackson (6-2, 240) is viewed as the real deal, as he rushed for 1,690 yards as a junior and 1,545 yards as a senior. He's also a capable receiver, which is needed in Philadelphia's offense, as he caught 44 passes for 470 yards a year ago.

this is great news.. they could be a potential trade down partner.

NFL | Lavalais' Stock Dropping - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:28:15 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports NFL draft prospect DT Chad Lavalais (LSU) was only able to bench 225 pounds 17 times at the NFL Scouting Combine and his stock has dropped around the league.

i am telling you.. for people who watched him play all year.. he is a great player. rusty could add some strength to him and he would be capable of being a dominant DT. he is alot like pat williams.. a real penatrating DT. he can get after the qb. hopefully his stock drops him into the 3rd round. he would be an absolute steal there.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Wow that would help us if we talk to the Eagles but why would they really be looking at a RB, I mean they have Buckhalter and Westbrook?!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Great News from KFFL

Originally posted by Tatonka
      Eagles | Sights Set on Jackson - from www.KFFL.com
      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:52:26 -0700

Reuben Frank, of phillyBurbs.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have RB Steven Jackson (Oregon State) at the top of their list entering the NFL Draft. The Eagles, as reported, are looking to trade up in the first-round -- with Jackson as the player they've targeted to land. Jackson (6-2, 240) is viewed as the real deal, as he rushed for 1,690 yards as a junior and 1,545 yards as a senior. He's also a capable receiver, which is needed in Philadelphia's offense, as he caught 44 passes for 470 yards a year ago.

NFL | Lavalais' Stock Dropping - from www.KFFL.com
      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:28:15 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports NFL draft prospect DT Chad Lavalais (LSU) was only able to bench 225 pounds 17 times at the NFL Scouting Combine and his stock has dropped around the league.

i am telling you.. for people who watched him play all year.. he is a great player. rusty could add some strength to him and he would be capable of being a dominant DT. he is alot like pat williams.. a real penatrating DT. he can get after the qb. hopefully his stock drops him into the 3rd round. he would be an absolute steal there.
      Eagles are trade hungry this offseason. Wonder if we could move down for their pick a 3rd and 5th. Bc itd be a big jump for us. Only problem is that its behind GB so if we were to deal down and take Losman then wed have to hope hed get past the Pack which is unknown. Also I agree with T, Lavalais is a terror in the middle he collapses the pocket with skill even off of DT's. Hed be a great start to rebuilding our middle line.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Wow that would help us if we talk to the Eagles but why would they really be looking at a RB, I mean they have Buckhalter and Westbrook?!
        Westbrook=3rd down back, Buckhalter cant stay healthy
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Re: Great News from KFFL

I think the Eagles picks might be a little TOO far down to trade, but you never know. I would rather trade down with the Patriots.

I was wondering what kind of a player this guy was. I would think strength would definitely be something you can work on. If he is a player, then I'm all for drafting him.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

I thought Buckhalter is a free agent but wasn't getting any offers?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              I thought Buckhalter is a free agent but wasn't getting any offers?

RFA.. and not getting any offers..

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Eagles are trade hungry this offseason. Wonder if we could move down for their pick a 3rd and 5th. Bc itd be a big jump for us. Only problem is that its behind GB so if we were to deal down and take Losman then wed have to hope hed get past the Pack which is unknown. Also I agree with T, Lavalais is a terror in the middle he collapses the pocket with skill even off of DT's. Hed be a great start to rebuilding our middle line.
              they would have to give up their 1st and at least their second... and possibly a 3rd next year or something.. they are a pretty far way down there.. but it would be a great spot to take evans, woods, losman, carey, or even grove.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

they would have to give up their 1st and at least their second... and possibly a 3rd next year or something.. they are a pretty far way down there.. but it would be a great spot to take evans, woods, losman, carey, or even grove.

Agreed, that would be perfect.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Billsouth
                  • Jul 2002

based on last years strategy we may end up drafting steve jackson!!

wth, he may be the "best player on the board" at that time.
                  "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Philly Zoner
                    • Jan 2004

Westbrook is a great little playmaker (I'm at Villanova now, saw him in college and with the Iggles), but he's way small for an every down back. Buckhalter is iffy as a workhorse cause he can't seem to stay healthy

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

My only problem is this....

don't they have like the 30th overall pick??? that's quite a stretch. It's like trading for a 2nd round pick... they are going to have to give us one heck of a deal.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Too far down....

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

what if they gave us their first and third this year.. and first next year?

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I want 3 firsts.

Hey, I can dream....

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

It would be funny to somehow end up with the fish #2 they got for Feely. Then we could mock them for years about the guy we took vs. that buster.

Comment

Working...
                              X