PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillion Traded to Patriots!!

SoCalBillsFan
04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
just saw it on bottom line...link coming....

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Good. He's washed up. I hope they gave up a lot for him.

SoCalBillsFan
reportedky for a first round pick...

lordofgun
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

That's awesome.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 03:28 PM
:jawdrop:

don137
Kind of makes me think they may trade up for sean taylor with the Lions or redskins.

TypicalBill
Great, now they have the franchise RB they were looking for :mad:

lordofgun
It was only for a second rounder. :mad:

SoCalBillsFan
04-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Second rounder, not a first!

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 03:30 PM
On espn now!

Wow... I think it was for their 2nd round pick- ESPN says they still have 2 #1 s

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Link for those who need it. Bengals got screwed!

LtBillsFan66
04-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Jeez.

juice
04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

They only need 1000 yds from him... Dillon might be a 1400 yd rusher with the Pats.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Link for those who need it. Bengals got screwed!

How did they get screwed? They have 2 RBs , and Dillon makes a hell of a lot more than Rudi Johnson. And Dillon was demanding a trade. From what I heard, the best the y could get was a 3rd round pick for him a week ago.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Takeo Spikes Vs. Corey Dillon!:snicker:

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

How did they get screwed? They have 2 RBs , and Dillon makes a hell of a lot more than Rudi Johnson. And Dillon was demanding a trade. From what I heard, the best the y could get was a 3rd round pick for him a week ago.

Overreaction bc its a division rival. 2nd aint bad just pisses me off bc with Pats line and Brady at QB Dillon could regain form.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Raiders will have to really anny up now if they want a RB or even the Lions.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Damn the whole world seems to be helping the Pats. :mad: Only a 2nd rounder???!!!

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 03:38 PM

that is so absolutely incorrect and wrong that i cant even reply to that.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is so absolutely incorrect and wrong that i cant even reply to that.

He's not worth a first-rounder. That was my point. Now it's a moot point.

And I'm right.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2004, 03:40 PM
that gives cincinatti 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders.they have 5 of the first 96 picks.they should do well in this year's draft too.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
this is my worst nightmare.. i really cant think of anything worse that could have happened within our division..

corey dillon has been an absolute beast for cincy since he was a rookie... he was a 1200 yard + back with the worst qbs, oline, and wrs.. now he is going to the superbowl champ, which has a great OLine.. one of the top qbs in the game.. about 35 good little irritating receivers..

great.. now dillon and ricky can eat our lunch 4 times a year.

mark it down now.. dillion will be a top 10 fantasy back no question..

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 03:44 PM
this is my worst nightmare.. i really cant think of anything worse that could have happened within our division..

corey dillon has been an absolute beast for cincy since he was a rookie... he was a 1200 yard + back with the worst qbs, oline, and wrs.. now he is going to the superbowl champ, which has a great OLine.. one of the top qbs in the game.. about 35 good little irritating receivers..

great.. now dillon and ricky can eat our lunch 4 times a year.

mark it down now.. dillion will be a top 10 fantasy back no question..

You couldn't be more wrong. I hope you take him in the first round of the pay league.

juice
04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
With Two 1st rnd. picks and their stud LB (Who many say is better than Spikes) returning, I'd say they are favored to win the SB again this year...

Maybe Ty Law has a drinking problem.

Patrick76777
04-19-2004, 03:49 PM
How old is he anyway?

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
How old is he anyway?

I think he's 28-29

Michael82
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. I hope you take him in the first round of the pay league.

Me too!

Dillon is old and washed up! :snicker:

Patrick76777
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
30 in November. Not Old, but the 30 mark is big for NFL RB's!

jdbillsfan
04-19-2004, 03:52 PM
He's 29. This is bad news.... and they still have two first rounders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1785718

don137
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
If Dillon can stay healthy he will be a great player for at least two more years. i thought he has had injury problems the last couple of years though...

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM

your powers of prediction worked wonders last year too. you picked all the great ones.. ricky, garner, and william green..

:tongue:

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Me too!

Dillon is old and washed up! :snicker:

you cant even afford to play in our big money league. :tongue:

Bled2Hen
04-19-2004, 03:55 PM
you know, im happy this trade went down. i would have hated to see the Pats get Stephen Jackson, or Chris Perry, or even Kevin Jones. Cory Dillon isn't that great of a back. he played bad teams in the central division at the time. IMO, Cory Dillon is just like Curits Martin of today. He isn't that much of a power guy, and just like Martin, his game is fading! i think this is better than seeing the past with a young buck like Jackson, Perry, or Jones.

Bled2Hen
04-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Nevermind, he has had some injury problems in the past. I say a little bit over 900 yards at best!

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 03:58 PM
All I know is the Patriots better adjust there game plan because they sure didn't feature the RB too much an d Dillon will want the ball quite a bit.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
i am telling you.. this is a huge signing.

i hate when people down play this stuff and assume that because it is a division rival, that it wont work out.

boston was a huge signing for miami
dillon is a huge signing for new england.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 04:02 PM
dillon is a hell of alot better than smith.. and they won 2 superbowls with him. 1400 yards this season is my prediction.

juice
04-19-2004, 04:06 PM
dillon is a hell of alot better than smith.. and they won 2 superbowls with him. 1400 yards this season is my prediction.

And Travis Henry wont see the Pro Bowl again as a Bill.

Ebenezer
04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

It was only for a second rounder. :mad:

great trade for the pats...they have the choices and now an instant starter.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm with Log. He's washed up. Subtraction by addition.

:bf1:

TedMock
04-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Had Dillon not played in Cincy, he may have been the best back in the league for a few years. He'll be 30 in October and has since had a few injuries and an attitude problem but the guy can also be a beast on that team. Don't be fooled because he played in Cincy. That's potentially bad news but it's also potentially good news. Apparently the Raiders were banking on him. The RB's this year aren't great so they may have to find a starter. But at #2? No way. A trade down (depending on how far they go down) can potentially knock a top QB or top WR down opening things up for us. Maybe not, but I'm being optimistic. Or, they are stupid enough to take Jackson at #2 and that knocks everybody down. This screws up Detroit who may then end up giving up more than they anticipated to get out of the #6 spot. It'll be interesting.

HAMMER
04-19-2004, 04:13 PM
It is amazing how people downplay our rival's acquisitions. It is almost as if they are in denial. Dillon makes the Pats a better team, PERIOD! Boston makes the Dolphins a better team, PERIOD!

elltrain22
04-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Dillon is no way near being washed up, he just didn't get the chance to play last year, b/c Rudi Johnson was hot. Dillon brings alot to NE, and it seems like the Rich get Richer.

elltrain22
04-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Bad news if you asked me...

Musashi
04-19-2004, 04:22 PM
       ○
       ノ|)
  _| ̄|○ <し

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Musashi
       ○
       ノ|)
  _| ̄|○ <し

Welcome aboard, Musashi!

I agree completely.

McBFLO
04-19-2004, 04:32 PM
He's definitely worth a 2nd rounder. He's still what, 29? He's in his prime, maybe slightly past. He'll still be good for another 2-3 years. Pats unfortunately should be the SB favorites again.

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 04:36 PM

How the hell is he washed up? He's one of the best backs in the league and he played on the worst team for years... this is not good it gives the Pats alot more options now.

Iehoshua
04-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Musashi
       ○
       ノ|)
  _| ̄|○ &lt;し

Umm, am I missing the "Secret Decoder Pin" here or something?
:idunno:

pats-were-right
04-19-2004, 05:12 PM
FWIW - and I've posted this everywhere - my opinion is that neither side got screwed.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
If Dillon is properly motivated and ready to accept his role, then it is a great pickup. He did suffer an injury that nagged him last year, but he has been a durable and reliable player throughout his career. The fact is the guy has been productive for a long time, and there is no way the Patriots could have received a simlar value with the #2 pick.

The risk is if the guy doesn't accept his role. He will have Antowain Smith's role (although he probably will get the ball more), which means there are going to be times he plays a lot, and other times he doesn't. The Pats will use him a lot in short yardage, goal-line and when protecting a lead. He is a good fit for those situations.

However, when the Pats go with their spread sets he likely will be on the bench a lot. As big a horse as Dillon is, he won't make the Pats change their offense.

So the question is, will Dillon be happy with 250-something carries? That is only about 16 times a game. However, their will be some games he carries 25 times and others he will only see about 12. He has to accept that.

If he does, then this will pay off big-time because it will shore up one of the Pats biggest weaknesses (goalline/workhorse runner to improve the Red Zone and protect leads). If not, then he will continue to be disgruntled and upset a quality lockerroom.

However, IMO, the #56 pick isn't a lot to gamble for this. Because Dillon won't have any signing bonus amortization (the Bengals eat that when trading him), the Pats can always release him without cap ramifications. If it does work out however, they have improved themselves tremendously. If he can improve short-yardage and the Red Zone alone, he will make a big difference. Despite winning the Super Bowl, the Pats had trouble running the ball in close. If Dillon does nothing else, he should mean less FG and more TD.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
It looks like, according to Jay Glazer, the Pats have re-done his contract:

CBS Sportsline (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7267133)

This means the Pats feel Dillon has some years left.

Don't be surprised if the Pats go WR with their top pick, thus completing their offense for the next few years.

L.A. Playa
04-19-2004, 06:39 PM
PAts are gonna be a force for the next few years unless other teams catch up with their schemes and figure out how to beat them. I am always happy when a rival gets better wouldn't you rather play the best teams or do you wanna play the worst teams??? All teams on paper look great right now team sports are funny thought you can go from great to terrible in a year or terrible to great in a year all you have to hope for is for the team that you root for to do better than the team you root against all the personnel signings are really just exciting to those who live in fantasy land wait till they kickoff then get excited and see how the players play on the field stats are really overrated in these days of fantasy overload

justasportsfan
04-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Great trade for the bengals.

As for the pats, like I said in the other thread , a headcase like Dillon could cause problems in the locker room if BB does not keep him from b!tching.

I hate to say it, but the Pats is one hell of an organization. Everything is falling into place for them. They get rid of drew and win the SB. 2 yrs. later, they win it again and still have tons of draft picks.

I wish someone hired either Wies or the other guy and break that coaching staff a bit.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
This is a huge pickup for the Pats. Dillon is washed up, that is a joke.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by NE39
It looks like, according to Jay Glazer, the Pats have re-done his contract:

CBS Sportsline (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7267133)

This means the Pats feel Dillon has some years left.

Don't be surprised if the Pats go WR with their top pick, thus completing their offense for the next few years.

what is your prediction for dillon? numbers.. yardage, tds?
I am going with 1400 yards and 15 tds.. maybe more tds..

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
This is a huge pickup for the Pats. Dillon is washed up, that is a joke.

"In acquiring Dillon, the Patriots pick up a 29-year-old running backwho has rushed for 8,061 yards in seven seasons. Injuries limited Dillon to 541 yards last season."

yeah.. he is so done.. he barely played last year because of nagging injuries.. so he has even less wear and will be even more ready for the upcoming year. so minus his down year last year.. that is 7500 yards in 6 seasons.. playing for the bengals who have not had a single winning season during that time...

Originally posted by justasportsfan
I hate to say it, but the Pats is one hell of an organization. Everything is falling into place for them. They get rid of drew and win the SB. 2 yrs. later, they win it again and still have tons of draft picks.

yeah.. it really cant be done much better than that..

and the bengals.. look at them.. great coach now.. and look what he has done in turning the team around.. adding good talent.. and this is absolutely ridiculous as well....The Bengals now have five picks in the first three rounds, including
two second-rounders and two third-rounders. They have nine picks in
the first four rounds, including nine in the top 117.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Bengals, and Lions my two top teams on the rise.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 07:45 PM
The Benglas I don't think will improve that much they are doing what everyone wants us to do in dump the consistent player the potential player which may turn out an dit may not we will see.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
If he has a good year, I could see Dillon get 1100 yards. I think he will get a lot of TD opportunities, but not the carries to get the yardage you think. I think he should get the carries, but Charlie Weis loves the short passing game and spread sets, and Dillon won't play as much there (although, Dillon has become a pretty good receiver). I think he'll end up with 250-or-so carries, not the 300+ he should have.

Even with that numbers of carries, he will have tremendous effect on their offense. Short yardage and Red Zone has been a problem the last couple seasons (Antowain Smith got it done in 2001), and he will at least help there. He'll allow them to control the ball better, which will make Brady more effective (he should see a lot of 3rd-and-shorts). Their offense has potential to be very good, although Weis' playcalling leaves a lot to be desired.

I think people are overrating the headcase factor. First of all, winning cures a lot of ills, and Dillon is going to a good team with strong leadership. Second, he'll have something to prove in the short-term anyway. If he becomes a problem in the lockerroom it probably won't happen right away, since he'll initially want to prove the Bengals made an mistake. If they did work out a new contract (it could just be a simple restructure), then he doesn't have that to complain about. About the only thing he can be unhappy about is carries, but my guess is they will use him enough to keep him happy. He'll be their Stephen Davis, with Kevin Faulk being their change-of-pace guy.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
How the hell is he washed up? He's one of the best backs in the league and he played on the worst team for years... this is not good it gives the Pats alot more options now.

Did you actually watch him play last season? I never saw a back so slow to hit the hole. He looked terrible.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Did you watch him play, LOG?

He suffered a groin injury in their 2nd game that nagged him. Around midseason, he finally got healthy again and played better. However, by that point the Bengals were committed to using Rudi Johnson and Dillon wasn't getting his carries.

For the 2nd half of last season, Dillon averaged 4.8 YPC for 50-something carries.

BTW, in his conference call, Dillon said he didn't get a new contract. He said he restructured his contract to lower his 2004 cap number. Dillon said the Pats have told him he is on a 1-Yr tryout, and if he wants a contract extension he has to prove himself next year. That should motivate him.

Tom Brady has to be pretty happy. He already is pretty strong at play-action, now he gets to run it with an actual running threat.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Did you actually watch him play last season? I never saw a back so slow to hit the hole. He looked terrible.

:rolleyes:

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 09:42 PM

Great retort!

You can blame it all you want on their O-line, but Rudy Johnson made their line look pretty dang good. Dillon is nothing special anymore AND he's a locker-room cancer.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Great retort!

You can blame it all you want on their O-line, but Rudy Johnson made their line look pretty dang good. Dillon is nothing special anymore AND he's a locker-room cancer.

i didnt blame anything on their oline..

btw...eric moulds is washed up.. did you see how he looked last year?? he is so done.. he wont break 1000 yards ever again... he is so old and washed up.. i wouldnt even draft him in fantasy.. he is worthless.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM

He's only had 1400 yards once in his career. I'll bet you all my ZBs that he doesn't.

Mahdi
04-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Bottom Line: the Pats DEFINITELY improved their running game by adding a proven pro-bowl RB without giving up one of their 2 first rounders in one of the deepest drafts ever. Id say their in dang good shape.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mahdi
Bottom Line: the Pats DEFINITELY improved their running game by adding a proven pro-bowl RB without giving up one of their 2 first rounders in one of the deepest drafts ever. Id say their in dang good shape.

I completely agree. All I'm saying is that I would have been glad had it been a first-rounder as first reported in this thread because he's not worth a first rounder, IMO.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:18 PM
i didnt blame anything on their oline..

btw...eric moulds is washed up.. did you see how he looked last year?? he is so done.. he wont break 1000 yards ever again... he is so old and washed up.. i wouldnt even draft him in fantasy.. he is worthless.

LOG, no response to this?

dillon is done.. your right.. washed up..

and so is moulds right?

because it is the same exact situation..

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:23 PM
LOG, no response to this?

dillon is done.. your right.. washed up..

and so is moulds right?

because it is the same exact situation..

I think Moulds is past his prime as well. I'm not saying neither will be good, I'm just saying that the Dillon trade is not as devastating as you're making it out to be. Moulds would not be worth a first-rounder either.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
so moulds done and washed up?

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:34 PM
so moulds done and washed up?

Did you even read what I just said? I think you're past your message board prime. :D

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Did you even read what I just said? I think you're past your message board prime. :D

i read what you said.. i just want you to say it..

you said that dillon was washed up and done..

you said that moulds was past his prime..

i consider those two different things.. there are a lot of players that are past their prime but still play great..

is moulds washed up? meaning that he will not perform as well as he has in the past? because that is what you implying about dillon, who is younger than moulds and had the same injury.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm not talking at all about Moulds. You brought him up. The two players are completely different. Your argument is starting to sound wysian.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm not talking at all about Moulds. You brought him up. The two players are completely different. Your argument is starting to sound wysian.

that is an obnoxious thing to say.. jerk.

the two players are not completely different..

you have a 29 year old RB who had one minor hammy injury and subsequently a bad season.. you said that because of that, he was washed up and done. you said that... remember?

i am asking you.. is our 31 year old WR who had a more serious hammy injury that caused him to play like a shell of his former self.. is he washed up and done as well?

why doesnt your evaluation of dillon apply to moulds, who is older and had a worse injury?

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM

your backtracking is starting to sound savioresque

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
that is an obnoxious thing to say.. jerk.

the two players are not completely different..

you have a 29 year old RB who had one minor hammy injury and subsequently a bad season.. you said that because of that, he was washed up and done. you said that... remember?

i am asking you.. is our 31 year old WR who had a more serious hammy injury that caused him to play like a shell of his former self.. is he washed up and done as well?

why doesnt your evaluation of dillon apply to moulds, who is older and had a worse injury?

Because they are two completely different individuals. They play two different positions. Completely different situation. Once RBs hit 30, they're usaully done or close to it.. I don't know if Moulds is done. I hope not. But I watched nearly every Bengals game last year because I had Chad Johnson on a few of my fantasy teams, and even when Dillon was healthy, he looked bad.

On a side-note: Travis Henry has had just as many 1400-yard seasons as Corey Dillon has...and he nearly hit 1400 again last year (46 yards shy). And our O-line sucked....not tomention our QB! People keep saying Henry isn't that great...well he's better at this point in his career than Dillon was.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM

:mad: It's on. I'm not backtracking about anything having to do with Corey Dillon. If you want to talk about Moulds, we can start a seperate thread. :tongue:

I knew that wysian comment would get you. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:53 PM

tampabay25690
04-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I like reading what you guys have to say.........This is a great pick up for the Pats they get theer stud RB like they have always wanted!!!!

This only makes them better then what they were going into the season......

I couldn't belive it when a few of my buddies called me from B-LO....And my Tampa friends called to tell me about what the Pats did...I was surprised.....

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I knew that wysian comment would get you. :snicker:

because it is ****ed up and disrespectful to me and to him.. and it is unecessary.. even if it is a ****ing joke.. it is in ill humor and bad taste.. obnoxious.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
because it is ****ed up and disrespectful to me and to him.. and it is unecessary.. even if it is a ****ing joke.. it is in ill humor and bad taste.. obnoxious.

juice
04-19-2004, 11:04 PM
:mex: Elevation

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 11:06 PM
I also hear that Dillon has terrible breath.

BuffaloRanger
04-19-2004, 11:44 PM
So he's not a locker room cancer. Dillon was as sick as Cinci as Spikes was. Spikes was able to get free while Dillon had to stay.

He hated playing there - he was done. He got hurt and had a bad attitude about the team. He wanted out. Marvin Lewis didn't appreciate his "rats leaving a sinking ship" mentality. Lewis thought he could change his mind, but he couldn't. This of course landed Dillon in his doghouse.

Dillon could have played more last season, but after Rudi played well, Lewis decided to keep him in his doghouse.

This will help the Pats. He's far from washed up.

XNOUGHT
04-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey you magnificant bastards, I'm back!

I think this trade is good for both teams. I like the Bengals for setting themselves up for the future with good picks, and I like how we have a back who at least will get 1000 yards.

3 years of Dillon will be good enough. We will probably get a project later on to suppliment Dillon.

Dozerdog
04-20-2004, 12:42 AM
The Patriots as a team ran the ball pretty well last year. Instead of 3 guys getting 120 yards a game, 1 guy will do it.

Ickybaluky
04-20-2004, 03:36 AM
He hated playing there - he was done. He got hurt and had a bad attitude about the team. He wanted out. Marvin Lewis didn't appreciate his "rats leaving a sinking ship" mentality. Lewis thought he could change his mind, but he couldn't.

I'm confused, are you talking about Corey Dillon or Takeo Spikes?

Dillon re-did his contract, converting salary into NLTBE incentives:

Globe article (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/04/20/dillon_is_the_pickup?pg=2)

This lowers his cap number significantly, while not guaranteeing him any money. They could do this because he had the off year last season. I think it makes it a better trade, and makes it less risky.

LOG, to say Dillon is washed up is ludicrous, IMO. He was injured early in the season, but averaged 4.8 ypc in the 2nd half. He isn't a top-5 back anymore, but he is still among the top half of the league and a huge upgrade for the Patriots.

saviorbledsoe
04-20-2004, 06:22 AM

Im flattered that you think about me on threads I hadn't even posted on but I must tell you that your fixation with me has to end. Im sorry sweetie. I have a girlfriend already :(

:best:

Ickybaluky
04-20-2004, 06:43 AM
The Patriots as a team ran the ball pretty well last year.

That isn't true. The Pats were 27th in the NFL in Rushing Offense. Their 3.4 YPC was 30th in the NFL. I don't care how you look at it, the Pats weren't good at running the football.

The Pats only rushed for 9 TDs (tied-24th in the NFL), while their 34 FG attempts were 8th most in the NFL. The Pats 91 rushing 1st downs was tied for 23rd in the NFL. Their conversion percentage for rushing for 1st downs on 3rd down was 39%, 3rd worst in the NFL.

The lack of a dependable running game is the biggest reason the Pats would struggle in the Red Zone. When the Pats got close, Brady would have to throw for a TD or they would settle for a FG. Dillon gives them a big guy who can pound the ball in short-yardage situations, an immediate upgrade.

BillsFanCupp38
04-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Dillon is washed up, why do u think he was replaced by rudi johnson. The Bengals obviously know that he is no good to them anymore. I bet the Bengals think there getting a steal and so dont the pats. Boy are they gonna be in for a big surprise. Another Antwain Smith i believe.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I have a girlfriend already :(

:best:

what is his name?

Balian
04-20-2004, 07:26 AM
I donエt like the trade, it will work out for the Pats- and that's not good for us :o(

When they picked up A.Smith nobody thought that he will win a ring, he got 2! And because Dillon is much better then A.Smith we will have a problem more ...

pats-were-right
04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38
Boy are they gonna be in for a big surprise. Another Antwain Smith i believe.

Cool! Two more Super Bowls!

pats-were-right
04-20-2004, 07:32 AM

what is his name?

Reportedly he's 6'4" and attended the University of Washington in the early '90s.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Reportedly he's 6'4" and attended the University of Washington in the early '90s.

:rofl:

Ickybaluky
04-20-2004, 07:43 AM
You mean 6'5", and Washington State.

pats-were-right
04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
You mean 6'5&quot;, and Washington State.

I was waiting for Savior to correct me so I could use the "sometimes the jokes just write themselves" line.

lordofgun
04-20-2004, 07:51 AM
[b][i]LOG, to say Dillon is washed up is ludicrous, IMO. He was injured early in the season, but averaged 4.8 ypc in the 2nd half. He isn't a top-5 back anymore, but he is still among the top half of the league and a huge upgrade for the Patriots.

You have a right to your opinion. He's not worth a first-rounder as was originally reported in this thread.

Ickybaluky
04-20-2004, 08:10 AM
I agree with that, but that doesn't mean he isn't still a top back. RB don't usually fetch a lot in trade. Marshall Faulk only went for a 2nd and 5th.

lordofgun
04-20-2004, 08:20 AM
I agree with that, but that doesn't mean he isn't still a top back. RB don't usually fetch a lot in trade. Marshall Faulk only went for a 2nd and 5th.

I don't think he's a top back anymore. Will he be better than what the Pats had? Obviously. I guess it depends how you define "top."

Faulk was only 25 years old when he was traded.

saviorbledsoe
04-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by pats-were-right

I was waiting for Savior to correct me so I could use the &quot;sometimes the jokes just write themselves&quot; line.

Sorry I only got to see it now. I have a job. But it would have been funny though :) good job!

saviorbledsoe
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Never seems to amaze me that your best friends are either Phin or Pats fans Tatonka. Whats that say about you? hmmmmm?

Dantheman1280
04-20-2004, 10:32 AM
This pick up for the pats is HUGE! Corey Dillion is still a stud and now the Pats are going to try to trade up and get taylor. The only thing that can save us now is if Ty Law decides to leave. Even if that happens we are in trouble!!