PDA

View Full Version : Dillion to the Pat's, the Bills should now think DL in 1st round

RedEyE
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm entitled to agree with Tatonka here. The addition of Dillion does not weaken NE in anyway. Who would you rather be up against twice a year, Antwain Smith & Kevin Faulk, or Corey Dillion?

I think this should also change Buffalo's drafting plans. Playing against Dillion, and Ricky tiwce within the division, and defending against other 04 opponent's RBs such as Jamal Lewis, Marshall Faulk, Duce Staley, and Shaun Alexander, we need to consider strengthen the DL with the 13th overall pick, IMHO.

I'd now like to see the Bills take a decent DE that can keep the runner between the tackles. Between Udeze and Will Smith, Will Smith is probably the better run stopper.

I say we consider looking for a Franchise QB in later rounds or possibly even next year.

Josh Harris first comes to mind in this season's draft.

Jan Reimers
04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I don't think we need to make a knee jerk reaction to this move. I'm still in favor of helping our woeful offense first, with a WR, QB, O lineman, and TE among our early picks.

Maybe it's just me, but I got awefully sick of our putrid offense last year. Our D may need tweaking, but our O needs a serious infusion of talent.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 05:07 PM
I agree, JR- if you spent all offseason building with a plan- stick tp it.

The Bills gave up tons of yards on the ground to Williams this year- not due to poor defense- but due to the Bills inability to eat clock an gain yards. I am still confident in the Bills ability to stuff opponents.

If you go DL it's because you are looking ahead to Adams and Williams' retirement or FAcy.

Hermanator21
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
What about Bannan and Edwards........I think one of the two should be good. It takes DT's a couple of years to mature and I think one of them should turn out OK. I don't see the big need for a DT in this year's draft maybe next year. Screw corey dillion, he will have trouble running against Big Pat and Sam so SCREW the patsies and that thug he wont scare me, Ricky doesn't even scare me so why should corey....and yes I do know how good Corey is.Draft Reggie in round one, and draft J.P. in round two.

McBFLO
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I don't think we need to make a knee jerk reaction to this move. I'm still in favor of helping our woeful offense first, with a WR, QB, O lineman, and TE among our early picks.

Maybe it's just me, but I got awefully sick of our putrid offense last year. Our D may need tweaking, but our O needs a serious infusion of talent.

As much as I like your comment about Guinness, I have to disagree with the part about how our offense "needs a serious infusion of talent". We have a LOT of talent on offense. Sure, a speed WR would be nice; and I personally want to see them get Rivers, but I think talent is mostly there. Coaching, or lackthereof, last year was the reason the offense was as bad as it was.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 07:27 PM
we will go DL early. first day, guarenteed.

BillsMan80
04-19-2004, 07:32 PM
And it would be a huge mistake to address the defense before offense. God I hope we stay away from the Ends in this draft and the Top Tackles. They are so fricken overrated it isn't even funny. Our offense was putrid because we lacked talent and coaching. Now we have coaching, we need to bring the talent in now.

McBFLO
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
How can you see the offense had NO talent? Drew- 1st round, moulds- 1st round, reed- 2nd round, henry-2nd round, mike williams,-1st round, jennings- i believe 2nd round....tyou see where im going with this. it is a talented group of players we have. they just needed someone in there who knows what they're doing. We have that now with Mularkeyand Co. I think that is going to make a HUGE difference.

BillsMan80
04-19-2004, 08:41 PM
I didn't say the offense had no talent, I said the offense lacks some key talent. We lack key talent at QB, WR outside of Moulds, TE, and interior OL. We must address our weakness of Reed and Shaw at WR, and a future QB. I find it extremely hard to believe that coaching was the sole problem of the offense last year. Yes, they gave the offense terrible game plans, but half of our offense couldn't even execute those.